Heartbreaks and Heartaches - Part One

hello everyone :) okay, i know this chapter is really sad and you'll probably get really mad at me because of it, but i wrote it, and i wanted to upload it... so yeah... idk, i guess it seemed sorta realistic to me, so yeah. enjoy :) <3

            “You both understand why you were called in, right?” Simon asked, looking between Maya and me. I clenched my jaw, hoping that this meeting wasn’t what I thought it was going to be about. Simon looked at Maya who sat stiffly in the seat next to me. “It seems like things are getting pretty serious between you two…”

            I got nervous butterflies in the pit of my stomach and I found Maya’s hand without looking. I rubbed her knuckles reassuringly and she exhaled shakily.

            “Fans aren’t so happy with this relationship between the two of you, and frankly, I agree with them,” Simon continued, leaning back in his seat and playing with his fingers. I felt sick. He couldn’t be doing this. “So I’m afraid to tell you-”

            “No,” I begged, leaning forward a little bit. “You can’t make me break up with the girl who I’m completely in love with.”

            “I’m sorry Harry. Maya isn’t helping your fame and-”

            “But I love her!” I exclaimed, catching Simon off guard.

            “Harry, as long as you’re in this band, we decide who you can and cannot go out with. I’ve made the decision that you and the boys will move back to London to get you away from whatever this relationship might have become. I’m sorry, but this is the way it has to be.”

            With that, Maya stood up and left the room. Simon and I both called after her. I jumped up from my seat and ran out of the room, not letting her get away.

            “Maya!” I called as I burst through the door that led to the small parking lot. I caught up with Maya and spun her around to face me. “Baby, I’m so sorry…” I kissed her a couple times, feeling tears falling down her cheeks. “It’s okay, we’re okay…”

            “Harry, you’re making this harder than it needs to be,” Maya told me as steadily as she could.

            “What are you talking about?” I whispered, holding her face in my hands while wiping away her tears with my thumbs.

            “We both knew this was going to happen. Simon’s right, I’m not helping your fame and I’m just not doing you any good-”

            “You’re making me happy Maya!” I insisted and she shook her head, looking up at me. “I love you, Maya, please don’t do this.”

            “I don’t want to,” Maya whispered.

            “Then don’t,” I begged.

            “Simon said that you and the guys are moving to London. Let’s just make this easier for you and me right now.”

            “Maya, you can’t be saying this…” I whispered, shaking my head. “No… please don’t break up with me.”

            “Harry, I’m just normal, you’re a pop star. We’re complete opposites. We weren’t meant to be together. You can move to London and,” I shook my head and ran my hands over her back, “and you can fall in love with someone new and completely forget about me. I’ll go back to my old life and try to find someone else to love as much as I love you.”