Fifty Dollars - Part Five

SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG EVERYONE I HAD NO IDEA WHAT TO WRITE OMG BUT I HOPE YOU LIKE IT AND I HOPE IT DOESN'T SUCK THAT MUCH OKAY I LOVE YOU BYE <3

HARRY’S P.O.V.

            It felt so weird, not texting Maya anymore and having her over to cuddle with (and to fool around with). I was so stupid. I had to fucking let that one sentence slip. It basically ruined everything that Maya and I had had together.

            And god I missed her so fucking much.

            I refused to take any other girl home with me. I was currently single, working a boring office job and sitting in a cubicle from eleven to five. There was no excitement in my life anymore, nothing to look forward to.

            Nothing.

            Some days at work I was so close to texting her just to say hello. Just to see how she was doing and if she wanted to go get a drink with me. It’d been weeks since I’d even had something to drink.

            I felt like I needed her in my life. I didn’t care about the sex anymore. I didn’t care about getting her in my bed and underneath me. I cared about her. I cared about what she thought of me and what she thought of herself. I wanted her to know she was completely beautiful in every single way possible. I wanted her to know that I cared about her more than a girl I used to hook up with.

            One weekend when I was off from work, I walked to Washington Square park which was in the middle of the NYU campus and sat on a bench, hoping Maya would show up since she said she always walked through there. Maybe she’d notice me.

            She never came.

            As I studied the people passing by, none of them ended up being the girl I fell in love with.

            Still, I waited.

MAYA’S P.O.V.

            “Maya, you need to get out of bed, it’s been two weeks,” my roommate Erica said to me. I grunted in response. “You weren’t even officially with the guy…” I felt her sit on the side of my bed.

            “I loved him,” I mumbled under my breath.

            “Love comes and goes,” Erica said as she put her hand on my waist that was covered by my sheets. “You need to stop bed ridding yourself while you can be out meeting new people and going to parties and getting drunk off your ass.”

            “I don’t want to get drunk,” I muttered. “It’s not fun… It just hurts in the end…”

            “Okay come on,” Erica said, throwing the covers off of me. “We’re going out for lunch together.”

            “Don’t make me go,” I whined, burying my face in my pillow.

            “Do you want to be lonely for the rest of your life and grow old alone with a bunch of cats?” Erica asked, grabbing my legs and pulling them over the side of my bed.

            “That doesn’t sound so bad…”

            “Maya, no, you’re an attractive girl and I’m not going to let you do this to yourself when you could be meeting new and even more attractive guys than this asshole who just talked to you because his friend thought he wasn’t able to get laid. Forget about him.” Erica stood me up and handed me my hairbrush. “Now get ready because we’re leaving in ten minutes.”