Christmas Party - Part One

hey guys, I don't know why i'm writing about Christmas stuff when its almost the summer but I think i had this written for a while and never finished it (I'm still in the process of writing it) but i wanted to upload the first part of it. I'm not sure when I'll be able to upload again but hopefully soon :) I'm home from college and I'm just working but I'm also sick so it kinda sucks.. but yeah i hope you all enjoy :)

________

"Maya, it's so good to see you!" my neighbor Ruth from down the hall exclaimed as she opened the door to her apartment that seemed slightly bigger than mine. She was hosting a Christmas party for our apartment floor and there were already a few people here, standing and talking and drinking wine.

"I brought you a pie," I said handing her the box in my hands. "Thank you so much for inviting me."

"Oh any time, beautiful," she said and I smiled as she led me into her kitchen and offered me a glass of wine. She was an older lady, probably in her seventies but looked great for her age. She was one of the only neighbors who I ever really saw around our hall. I recognized some of the people here but I don't think I had ever said a word to any of them.

I thanked Ruth for the glass of wine that she poured me and I walked into the living room area and sat down in an empty chair where everyone was sitting around and talking.

"I'm Maya," I introduced when they all looked at me.

"Oh, of course," one of the older ladies said. "Apartment 808?"

"Yes," I breathed with a smile.

"You're probably the youngest person in this apartment building!" another lady exclaimed and I smiled.

"No, there's another young person, next to Maya. He's new."

"Oh, right, right, right, he's the famous one?"

"Oh yeah," I breathed. "He's never around."

"Have you even seen him once?" the first lady asked.

"Maybe in passing but I've never spoken to him," another lady said.

"I invited him," Ruth said. "He was at his apartment and he said he'd be here."

I raised my eyebrows and nodded. "Huh..." I hummed.

"He's a singer isn't he?" the first lady asked. "I'm too old for all this young people stuff."

They all looked at me. "Oh, I think he sings, yeah. His name is Harry."

"Well we'll see if he shows up," one of them said and the conversation drifted on to a different subject but the entire time I was waiting and casually watching the door for Harry to come.

He ended up coming about an hour and a half after everyone had gotten here and Ruth had jumped up to go answer the door. I waited anxiously to see him since I had only ever seen pictures online of this man who apparently lived right next door to me.

"I apologize for not being here earlier, I was stuck at work," I heard him explain at the door as Ruth let him in. He had two wine bottles in his hands and he handed them to Ruth who thanked him immensely.

In about a minute, the two were walking into the living room area and we were all able to see who this man was. "Hello everyone, I'm Harry Styles," he introduced smoothly.