Illegal - Part One

sorry i didn't finish the last one shot, i was just so done with it and i wanted to upload this one... don't hate me :( please ENJOY <3

            “Have you seen the new English teacher?” I heard some girls say in the hallway. “He is so ridiculously hot! And he’s British…”

            I let out a breath and walked right past them. They were talking about this new teacher that just came to our school this year. He apparently used to teach at some private and expensive high school in England and for whatever reason, he transferred here.

            I was a senior this year, so I was excited that I only had one more year in this hell hole of a high school. I was taking AP English, which this new teacher was teaching. I hoped that all these rumors I’d been hearing were true, because I could use a handsome teacher for once. All the teachers here were old and the ones who were young were just weird.

            I sat through my first three periods of the day and accumulated way too many papers for me to sign and for my parents to sign. The first couple days of school sucked.

            I was finally let out of my physics class and was able to go to my AP English class. I walked up to the third floor from the first and walked down the hallway and found my classroom to my left. I stepped inside and realized I was the first one here.

            “Hello,” a deep British accent said to me. My eyes averted to the tall man who stood up from the desk. My breath caught in the back of my throat and he smiled at me. “What’s your name?”

            I think I forgot how to speak for a couple seconds. I finally cleared my throat and stopped staring. “Maya Hartman,” I told him softly.

            “Maya?” he said, making sure he heard me correctly. I nodded. “Pretty name.”

            “Thanks,” I choked out. Other students were walking in behind me and taking random seats.

            “You can sit anywhere you like for now, I’ll tell you the seating arrangements once we’re all here,” my teacher said and I turned and sat down in the middle of the classroom. I noticed some girls blushing once they saw the new – and extremely hot – English teacher that everyone had been talking about.

            A couple minutes passed and the bell rang and we were all sat down. I had a couple friends in this class, so I was relieved that I would have someone to talk to and to work with for the rest of the year.

            “Hello everyone, my name is Mr. Styles,” our teacher introduced. He leaned against his desk in the front of the room and crossed his arms across his chest. “This is AP English, British Literature and Composition. I, obviously, am British.” He looked around at all of us and we locked eyes. My heart raced. “Now you all should have read Brave New World and 1984 over summer break, correct?” He received a chorus of yeses. “Lovely. Now we’ll be having two days of discussion for those books and then we’ll have a test on them?” Everyone was silent. He chuckled and my heart raced even faster. “Yes, a test on the fifth day of school, don’t get too excited.” He ran his hand through his hair. “If you want to write that in your agenda pads…” his voice trailed off and the entire class quickly pulled it out and scribbled it down. “Now for the seating arrangement…”

            He pulled out a seating chart and held it in front of him. He called out names and pointed to the desks. I stood up when someone took my desk.

            “Ms. Hartman,” Mr. Styles said and we locked eyes again. “Right here.” He pointed to the desk directly in front of him, front and center of the classroom. I slowly sat down. He continued and didn’t look back at me. “Now can everyone hand up the notes that they should have taken on each book? I just want to check that you did them. It should be an easy one hundred.”