Meet and Greet - Part Two

I was surprised when Harry actually texted me. It was around every other day, at night right before he went to bed. The longest we’d talk for was about two hours, and some nights he called me or we facetimed each other. I had to make sure my roommate Aubree wasn’t home whenever I spoke with him because she was kind of obsessed with trying to find me a boyfriend, and there was no way in hell I was telling her I hooked up with Harry Styles.

            I did go online to find pictures of Harry from his tour and I started liking him more and more. I missed him more than I thought I would and whenever he’d text me, my heart would race. Aubree almost caught me texting him one time when we were out together but I brushed it off, saying he was just a friend from my creative writing class last year.

            The middle of October came and while I was completely started to get swamped with schoolwork and essays to write and trying to find a job, Harry called me. I was in the library and freaked out as my phone started vibrating loudly in my backpack. My heart was beating faster than ever as I saw the caller ID and picked it up.

            “Hello?” I answered in a whisper.

            “Hey, Maya, it’s Harry,” he replied casually.

            “Hey,” I whispered. “How’s the tour going?” I stood up to walk in between some bookshelves.

            “It’s over now, actually. It was great. I just wanted to see how you were doing and all that…”

            “Yeah I’m good,” I replied softly. “A bit stressed, but I’m okay.”

            “Why are you whispering?” he asked confused.

            “Because I’m in a library right now doing homework.”

            “Oh, shit. Can I text you instead?”

            “Um, yeah, I’ll text you when I get back to my apartment. I’m kinda busy right now.”

            “Okay, I’m sorry if I bothered you.”

            “No, no, no, you’re fine, I just can’t talk right now.” I smiled down at my feet.

            “Okay babe, I’ll talk to you later.”

            “Bye,” I whispered before I hung up the call and walked back to my seat to continue my schoolwork.

            Harry ended up being in New York City in a hotel room when he had called me and when I got back to my empty apartment, he told me to come see him. My heart was racing and I put my things down on my bed and left a note for Aubree before I immediately headed out.

            It took me twenty minutes to find his hotel even though it was one of the most expensive ones in the city. He told me I could just walk straight to the elevators even though I felt awkward walking past the concierges. They were occupied though, so I made it to the elevators and went up to the twelfth floor. I walked down to the room number he had texted to me and knocked on the door.

            I was surprised to see him in sweats and a white t-shirt when he opened the door. “Hey,” I said a bit too excitedly as he just pulled me into a tight hug.

            “How are you, beautiful?” Harry asked as he let me inside and closed the door behind me.

            “I’m alright,” I replied with a smile. “How about you?”