The Countdown - Part Three

enjoy :)

_____

THREE WEEKS LATER - MAYA'S P.O.V.

Harry and I talked pretty much every single day after our first date. He was the first person I talked to when I woke up in the morning and the last person I texted before I fell asleep at night. It was so crazy how I'd only known him for a few weeks and I was already falling hard for him.

Harry had met my parents already; we had dinner together one night and my parents were both in awe of how handsome and polite he was. We just talked about our childhoods and Harry talked about his family and how he moved here with his mum. I was so happy that he got along so well with my mom and dad, as well as my siblings. My sister in particular was eyeing Harry the entire time, which was completely understandable considering how he looked on a regular basis.

I met his mom a few times and she was so sweet, very much like Harry. The two pretty much only had each other so it was nice seeing how close they were. Harry kissed her cheek every time he walked into the room she was in. I had never been particularly close to my parents; I could talk to them obviously, but never close in the way that I'd kiss their cheek every time I saw them. I figured it was just a slightly different kind of culture that Harry had grown up with.

I spent the night with Harry for the first time a few weeks after meeting him and it didn't feel rushed at all. Honestly, it felt like I'd known Harry for so much longer than I actually did. And it wasn't like we were having sex or anything – Harry really seemed like he wanted to wait for us to take our relationship to the next step. It was nice just cuddling with him and falling asleep next to him in his big, comfy bed. We lay there talking with each other for a while and I think I ended up falling asleep before him because when I opened my eyes it was the morning and Harry was asleep on his side next to me.

I smiled, I don't know why but in that moment I was just so happy. I admired Harry for a little while before I inched closer to him and put my hand on his side.

"Harry," I whispered and pressed a kiss to his lips. He didn't wake up for a few minutes as I just continued kissing him softly. It took a little while for him to start kissing me back and then wrap his arms around my waist.

I let him deepen the kiss just a little bit, even though I probably had terrible morning breath and I lay back next to him. Harry rolled over on top me, kissing me around my face and down to my neck. "Good morning baby," he hummed.

I loved when he called me baby. I couldn't help but smile the entire time.

"It's nice waking up to you kissing me," Harry said.

"I like kissing you," I smiled. "Your lips feel nice."

"Mmm..." Harry hummed as he leaned up on his elbow next to me. I gazed up at this beautiful man next to me in bed. He was shirtless and I really just wanted to roll on top of him and kiss him all over. I let him press another kiss to my lips.

"What are you doing today?" I asked and tilted my head at him.

"My friend Niall wanted to hang out, you're welcome to join if you'd like. We mostly just sit on his couch and drink beer and watch sports. He's quite the character."

I smiled. "I have work, but maybe I'll stop by afterwards."

"You're more than welcome," Harry said. "I'd love if you came."

LATER THAT DAY – HARRY'S P.O.V.

"I still have another fucking year and a half before I meet my fucking soulmate," Niall groaned as we were sat on his couch, beers in hand, football playing on the television. "What the fuck."