Leave Your Lover - Part Three

hey guys, I know it's been forever since I've last uploaded and I'm really sorry. So many changes have been going on in my life and college has been busy and I have not really had the time or will to write stories. But I had some of this written and I'm kind of continuing to write on it very sporadically, so yeah, I hope you enjoy and please vote and comment what you thought :)

____________________

I didn't see Maya for another couple days until we randomly bumped into each other in the small coffee shop near our apartment building. She was sitting with a man with long, tamed hair wearing a tan leather coat and jeans. We had a similar build, with broad shoulders and a slim body. Maya didn't notice me at first since she seemed to be in a pretty deep conversation with him.

I went to get my coffee and waited for it at the end of the counter. I thanked the lady once she handed my latte and turned around to look at Maya again. She noticed me and smiled, giving me a small wave. I approached her table and the man she was sitting with turned around.

"Hey," she said sweetly as I walked over. "What's going on?"

"Hey," I breathed. "Not much, are you alright?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm good," she replied. "Are you heading off anywhere? Do you want to sit down?"

"If that's alright...?" I said, looking at Andrew for the okay.

"Yeah, sure," he said and I pulled a chair over from the table next to them and sat down with my coffee. "So why did you move into the city?" Andrew asked me.

"The studio I work in made another location here and it was the one that we'd be working in for most of the year, so I thought it would be best to move."

"Harry writes songs," Maya explained as she looked between her boyfriend and me.

"Cool," Andrew said. "That's cool."

I looked at Andrew who was staring at me with a hard look on his face but he quickly wiped it off as he looked at his girlfriend. I looked at Maya as well.

"So," I started. I didn't really know what to say because the only thing that I was thinking about right now was Maya in my bed. "How long have you been together?" I asked to Andrew who was leaned back in his seat watching my and Maya's interaction.

"Six years," he replied, leaning forward on the table and then sat up again. He put his arm around Maya's waist. I nodded and Maya leaned into him. He kissed her temple. "What about you, do you have a girlfriend?"

"No, no, I'm not looking for anyone at the moment," I explained. I put my ankle on my knee and took a sip of my coffee. "I'm not really into the whole dating thing..."

"You don't even have your eye on anyone in particular?" Andrew asked and I noticed Maya nudging him slightly. I only tried to smile in response.

"Nope," I replied.

"Good for you, man," Andrew said and I could see his hand rubbing Maya's side. "I don't know if I'd have that self-control if I wasn't with Maya." I could see her furrowing her brows.

"So where are you from?" I asked him.

"I grew up in Brooklyn and then moved to Manhattan during college," he answered.

"Oh nice, I don't think I've ever been down to Brooklyn."

Andrew shrugged. "It's fine. I was in a nice area."