Let Go

okay, i really have no idea why i write such depressing scenes... like i'm only doing this to myself... then i feel so bad because all of you cry and i'm like "I'M SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN TO MAKE YOU CRYYYY" but here's this scene... it's with Darcy when she was little... you'll see what happens...

            “She’s right in here,” the doctor said to me. I nodded at him and stepped inside, smiling as widely as I could at my five year old daughter lying tiredly in the hospital bed.

            “Thank you,” I whispered to the doctor before he closed the door, leaving the two of us alone. I smiled at Darcy and got into bed next to her. “Hey,” I forced a smile at her even though I was breaking inside. How could this be happening? She didn’t even know. She didn’t even know that today would be her last day.

            “Hi Daddy,” she smiled at me and I hugged her, kissing her around her face.

            “Mommy was just in here, right?” I asked, swallowing back a knot in my throat.

            Darcy nodded, her lips sealed. “She was crying.”

            I bit my lip. “I know,” I choked out.

            “Daddy,” Darcy looked at me lying down next to her, “I don’t wanna die.” She shook her head a little bit.

            I closed my eyes and nodded. “I know, love.” I hugged her again, not being able to hold back my tears. “But… but some things happen for a reason.” I swallowed hard. “And I love you very much, you know that?”

            Darcy nodded, her adorable smiling spreading across her face. “I know, Daddy.”

            I held her closer to me. “We all love you to the moon and back. Because,” I sniffled and wiped my eyes, “Because you are the most beautiful girl in the world.” I pulled some hair behind her ear and held her hand, kissing her knuckles. “I love you Darcy.”

            “You said that already Daddy,” Darcy turned her head at me, her light brown eyes looking into mine.

            I swallowed again. “I know, love.”

            “Daddy why is everyone crying?”

            “They’re crying because,” I felt my voice cracking, “Because…”

            “Uncle Louis said he was going to miss me, but I’m not going anywhere.”

            I looked Darcy in the eyes and hugged her again. “I know you’re not going anywhere, love. Uncle Louis shouldn’t have said that. You have nothing to worry about, okay? You’re going to be fine…”

            “Really Daddy?” Darcy smiled at me and I felt myself almost shaking my head. I nodded though, smiling back at her.

            “Yes, because you’re a strong little girl. The strongest girl I know.” I ran my fingers through her hair and turned my head, still looking into her eyes.

            “I love you, Daddy,” Darcy hugged me again and I held her like that. The doctor walked in with Maya and I slowly got out of bed. I took Maya’s hand and walked to the other side of the bed with her. We kneeled down and smiled at our daughter. She looked so confused, but we couldn’t tell her what was about to happen.

            “Darcy,” the doctor smiled at her, “I’m sorry, but we’re going to have to give you another shot…”

            She sighed. “Okay.”