Chapter 44- Back again

Danielle's POV

With shaking hands and nervous gulps I reach for my phone as a new text is recieved. I let out a scared whimper as I read the sentence currently on my phone.

'Liam Lunniss:

Meet me at the studio 3pm. Come alone.'

Shakily I text back a quick okay before I let the first tears slip from my eyes. I cover my mouth as a scared sob is muffled into my skin. Trying to keep my breathing steady begins to fail before I quickly grab my inhaler to puff a few breaths into my lungs.

"Babe? You ready?", I hear Liam's voice call.

Immediately wiping my tears I turn around with a forced smile on my face as Liam enters the kitchen.

"Yeah", I say.

"Are you okay?", he asks with furrowed eyebrows as he walks towards me.

"Y-yeah, fine", I mutter still smiling as Liam looks unsure.

"Okay then, the kids are ready", he smiles leading me into the living room.

I then see Isabella in her little, pink dress while Luca is in a pair of jeans with an adorable shirt on similar to his daddy's. Smiling I kneel down to give both of my children a quick kiss.

"Go mummy!", Luca shouts pointing to the door.

"Yes, were going to Auntie Sarah's for Ella's fifth birthday aren't we?", I smile enthusiastically as Isabella nods her head in understanding.

Soon enough were pulling up into my sisters driveway which has various balloons spread around obviously because off Ella's birthday party. Getting both children out of the car were all soon inside with the rest of our family.

"Happy Birthday!", I watch Liam cheer as he picks Ella up and wings her around while she giggles.

"Thanks Uncle Li", she giggles losing her footing slightly from dizziness.

"Happy Birthday you gorgeous girl!", I exclaim giving her a big kiss on her cheek as she shy's away.

"Thanks Auntie Dani", she smiles brightly.

"Danielle!", I hear the voice of my mum shout.

Turning around I'm then enveloped in a hug with her before she moves along to my husband giving him an extra squeeze. I watch Isabella go straight outside with the other children despite her being around two years younger whereas Luca stays attached to his daddy's leg.

"Come on then let's go outside little man", Liam smiles picking him up and walking outside.

I take a shaky breath as I eye the current time '2:35pm' only twenty five minutes until I meet the man I fear most, alone. At this moment I have no idea what excuse I'm going to have when I leave to meet him as no one knows especially not my Liam.

"Dani", a voice says causing me to jump around and meet my mums eyes once more.

"Oh m-mum, you scared me", I chuckle nervously.

"Sorry, how's Liam?", she asks sincerely.

"Errm, not too bad I guess", I smile sadly,

"As long as you're looking after him", she smiles.

"Like I always am", I reply with a chuckle.

Just then Liam walks over to me before taking me into his embrace where I breath deeply and steadily.

"I finally got Luca to join in with some other one year olds, so he's happy", he smiles brightly as I mimic him.

Taking a nervous look at the clock in my sisters living room I feel my breath hitch at the numbers '2:50pm'. I almost let out a sob before Liam's shaking me and holding me a little tighter than before.