Chapter 26- Boxing Day

Danielle's POV

I woke up on 26th December with a slight back ache from the uncomfortable air bed me and Liam had slept on in the living room of his parents house. My bare front was tucked neatly under the duvet while it carelessly rested on Liam's hips, I snuggled closer into his warm chest as he stirred lightly. I felt a sudden panic rise upon me of the location of my children before I was calmed by the reminder of them sleeping in a room upstairs with Alfie and Logan. Normally I would be against this but since they were so close to Karen and Geoff and also Nicola and Nate then I could let it slip. Also this gave me and Liam some needed alone time as a couple.

I felt Liam's body shift around on the bed causing it to squeak and move underneath me. After his attempt to move more over to my side he groaned at his failure and opened his eyes slightly. A lazy smile creeped to his face as he pulled me even closer to his chest if that was possible.

"Morning", he said groggily.

"Morning babe", I said leaning up to place my hands on his toned chest and press a light kiss to his lips.

"What time is it?", he asked rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"Half past 9", I reply after taking a short glance at the clock on the fireplace above us.

"We best get some clothes on then babe before anyone wakes up and comes downstairs", he smirks.

"Yeah we best", I say cheekily meeting his lips into a short kiss.

Enjoying the last few minutes of our relaxation session was quickly broken as loud footsteps are sounded and the door is being knocked on before being slowly opened. I frantically pull the covers up to my neck as Liam wraps his arms around me.

"Morning guys, did you sleep well?", Karen says making her way into the living room smiling.

"Yeah thanks mum", Liam smiles.

Karen returns the smile before an uncomfortable expression floods her face as her eyes scan the room, following her gaze I see she's staring at both of our clothes and underwear strewn on the carpet. Feeling the blood rush to my face I cover it with my hands awkwardly.

"Errm... Mum y'gonna let us get sorted?", Liam chuckles.

"Oh yes of course, sorry", she says ending her trance and returning to the hallway.

"We should of just got changed earlier", I laugh as Liam chuckles planting a sweet kiss to my shoulder before getting up.

I see him rummaging through the overnight bag finally grabbing the smaller bag full of our underwear and he slips on a new pair of boxers before passing me my underwear. I slip them on and then stand up taking my leggings and jumper out of the bag and putting them onto my now cold body from the chilling December air.

"I wonder if the kids are awake?", Liam asks once were both fully ready.

"I reckon so", I say as he nods before opening the door to the hallway.

We both walk up the stairs and stand on the landing for a few moments hearing a range of different snores sounding from all rooms. Walking towards the children's room I knock quietly and open the door. Once in the room I notice Logan still sound asleep in his travel cot where Alfie and Isabella talk while sitting up. Luca is then standing up in his cot looking around, his eyes brighten up once he sees us and immediately his arms are flung up for me to take.

"Morning everybody", Liam says quietly since Logan is still asleep.

"Mummy daddy!", Isabella says happily.