Chapter 38- 'I love you forever'

Liam's POV

Slowly I wrap my tie around my neck and begin to fix it up while staring into the mirror in our bedroom. My eyes are sore and itchy again it's most probably because I'm not used to crying so much. But my tears have dried up by now.

"Li?", Danielle's worried voice sounds causing me to turn around.

"Let me do your tie for you", she says softly.

Looking down I realised I had wrapped my tie around that many times there was no chance of it even becoming a tie anymore.

"I was just thinking", I say quietly.

I watch her slim hands fix up my tie and gently push it up to the top button on my white shirt. Once she's finished she leans up to place a gentle on my lips as I drag my fingers through her soft curls.

"How are you feeling?", she asks softly.

"The same", I reply causing her to sigh.

"Okay we best get going in a few minutes", she says causing me to nod.

I grab my jacket off of the hanger and slip it onto my body. Looking into the mirror one last time I just then notice the deep, dark bags sitting under my eyes. I'm so tired all the time but I just can't go to sleep.

Walking down the stairs I see Danielle putting on her black heels before picking up her bag and keys. Sighing I quickly put on my black shoes which match my suit before we head out of the house in silence.

"I'll go pick up Isabella and Luca tomorrow", Danielle says once she's in the drivers seat.

"Okay, but it's not that I don't want to s-"

"They'll understand babe", she says placing her hand briefly on my knee.

Around an hour and a half later we pull into the familiar driveway which is now full of cars as various family members make their way into the house dressed in black. I feel my breathing quicken as I stare at the house.

"Shh come on Li, it's alright", Danielle says obviously noticing my mood change.

"I c-can't do this", I stutter out.

"You can, I know you can", Danielle says softly rubbing her hand up my arm.

"You need to do this for your dad Liam", she whispers.

"O-okay", I whisper.

Nervously I open my car door as Danielle meets me around the other side. Taking her hand we lock the car and slowly make our way to the house. I take a deep breath before Danielle opens the door.

Immediately I'm met by the familiar hallway yet it's swarming with tearful family members who I haven't seen since I was 16. The tension increases as I watch people send me sympathetic smiles once they notice my existence.

"Liam", I hear a voice say.

Turning around I'm met with my dad, he looks awful. I don't think I've seen his face so pale, thin and tired.

"D-dad", I whisper.

"How are you?", he asks me.

"How are YOU? do you mean?", I say with a small smile.

"Fine", he says quietly before excusing himself.

I watch Danielle's parents then walk through the door and walk over to us. Turning away I also now spot Ruth and Nicola sitting together with tearful dialogue. This is going to be one of the hardest things I've ever done.