Chapter 32- Holiday?, Just the 2 of us

Liam's POV

All everyone could do was wait really for any news off of Harry and Brittany. It was reaching almost 8 o'clock meaning that all kids were in bed bar Isabella who was having trouble with her sore head. I could tell Danielle was stressed, much like how she's been these past weeks we've been in the US.

"Let mummy give you some Calpol please Isabella", I sigh at my upset daughter who's sitting on the kitchen side.

"N-no daddy", she sobs.

"Please darling it will make your head feel better", I coo stroking her curls gently.

Through her sobs she then opens her small mouth which Danielle quickly places the spoon in her mouth causing Isabella to swallow the Calpol. Sighing I pick up the little girl and hold her to my chest as her cries increase.

"Come on baby girl", I say softly gently rocking her body around in hope that she may slowly drift to sleep.

"She's so tired", Danielle sighs in frustration.

I take a long look at my wife noticing the dark bags under her normally bright eyes and the frown lines on her forehead that are now becoming permanent. Her usual glistening dark brown orbs are replaced with a dull brown as she grasps her hair in frustration.

"I think you are as well my darling", I gently say while placing a delicate kiss on her forehead.

As Isabella has now calmed down I walk with her into our bedroom, moving her gently I see her eyes almost closed. Carefully I lower her small body into her travel cot before placing her pink blanket over her body, smiling I watch her cuddle up to her stuffed elephant and slowly drift asleep.

Deciding to spend some time with Danielle I quickly grab our fluffy, turquoise throw which will stretch over the two of us nicely. Walking out I throw it on our sofa and I make my way to the kitchen where Danielle is taking two paracetamols while gulping down some water.

"Let's go cuddle on the sofa babe", I say quietly as she nods weakly.

"I just wanna go home Li", she says as I see the small tears gather in her eyes.

"Me too, me too, remember though only 2 days left", I say brushing the loose curls away from her face.

"I feel so selfish though because I'm just thinking about myself when Brittany and Harry are at the hospital fighting for lives", she says quietly as I watch a single tear roll down her cheek.

"Seriously, you are so selfless, never selfish", I assure her bringing her into my arms.

"How about when this has blown over we go away for a few days?", I say into her hair.

"The kids woul-"

"Not the kids, just you and me, think of it as early valentines", I say smiling down at her.

"I'd love that, so much", she says with a smile.

"You know you haven't kissed me properly for a while", she says burying her face into my chest.

"I'll make it up for you now then", I smirk.

I bring my lips down close to her before letting ours brush slightly, leaning down all the way I bring my hands up to cup her cheeks as our lips move in sync. Danielle's small hands fix over mine as our passionate kiss continues until we are both gasping for a breath.

"Defiantly m-made up for it", she grins.

We both make our way to the sofa as I lie down first before Danielle squeezes onto the end. With one of her slim, long legs over my torso I bring the blanket up to our chins allowing comfort to flood through my body at once.