Chapter 39- 'I'll protect you'

Danielle's POV

I actually confronted Liam about me going back to the studio and he was completely fine about it. It gives him the time with the kids he needs while he's on compassionate leave from work and I can enjoy myself. I've been booked in for a long class today, it starts at 12pm until 3pm and then Liam(Lunniss) has asked me to be his partner in his upcoming choreography piece which I gladly said yes too.

"Bye sweetie, be good for daddy", I say kissing Isabella and Luca's forehead.

"Bye mummy", they shout before running off again.

"Have fun babe", Liam says with a small smile.

"Thank you, are you sure your okay?", I say embracing him into a hug.

"I'll be fine, just don't worry about us", he says into my neck.

"I'll see you later then", I smile pecking his lips softly.

"Bye", he smiles while I grab my dance bag and head into my car.

After the 20 minute drive to the familiar studio I pull up into the car park, lock my car and head towards the large building. Looking behind me I notice a few familiar cars I can remember from all of them years ago.

I enter the building and walk up the small flight of stairs reaching a door leading to the main studio which is where my class is taking place. Taking a deep breath I push the handle down before opening the door. Almost immediately I'm met by so many familiar faces snapping their heads towards me before enveloping me into a long hug.

"Dani!", a chorus of voices shout.

Laughing I release everybody from the big group hug noticing some of my old closest friends such as Zoe, Erin and Carmen.

"Lovely to see you guys too", I laugh.

"Oh my god! I'm so happy you're back!", Zoe laughs causing me to smile.

"I know it's been too long! 2 children later and I'm back!", I smile.

"I still can't get over that you're a mum Dani!", Erin chuckles.

"How old are they?", Erin adds.

"Luca has turned 1 not long ago and Isabella is 3 in September", I smile.

"Growing too fast", I laugh as others smile.

"Peazerrrrrr", I hear a familiar male voice shout.

"Lunnissss", I laugh turning around and giving Liam a big hug.

"Oh and by the way it's Payne now", I laugh watching his smile falter slightly.

"Anyway I'm glad you're back!", he says as I smile.

An hour later and it's easy to say I'm struggling a little as it has been over 2 years since I've last danced like this. Tying up my long hair into a pony I take a long sip of my water while wafting my lose top in the air feeling a cool draft meet my warm skin.

"Since when did you wear long tops for dance?", Zoe chuckles.

"Since I gave birth to two children", I laugh.

"Bet there's nothing on you", she laughs.

"Can you still do the splits?", Liam asks walking over.

"That I still got", I chuckle.

"Show me", he winks.

Placing down my water bottle I simply slide into the side splits with ease, sitting there for a moment before pushing up and switching to front splits. Smirking I stand back up as I laugh at Liam's amused face.