Slide to the Next Team

Ah, hello! Welcome! You are reading I'm Messed Up and Proud! This is one of the chapters that I have indeed edited so do not fear, terrible grammar and awful spelling mistakes won't be in your way (hopefully)

Just in case you are unaware, I don't own Naruto - shocking, right?

Enjoy the chapter!

- - - - - - - - - -

(Lian's POV)

I can't help but grin as me and my new team walk further into the training grounds to do, guess what?

Feed the ducks? Nope!

Train? Correct! Well done! It's kind of in the name though, so I'm surprised some people didn't get it...

Kurenia-sensei stops us and we all sit crisscross on the grass. It's been dry the past few days, thankfully.

"Alright, question time." our sensei said making me sigh. "Lian, what's the most important thing in a team?"

"Team members." I said confidently. "You can't have a team without any people in it!"

She sweatdrops. "Okay, not exactly what I was going for, but okay. Anything else?"

"Weapons?" I ask.

"No."

"Aw..."

"Try again." Kurenai said patiently.

I thought for a moment, just a moment since any longer could be dangerous, and grinned. "Teamwork!"

"Yes, good." Kurenai smiled. "So, that's what we'll be working on."

"Easy! Me and Akamaru already have teamwork down!" Kiba grinned, "Right boy?"

Akamaru let out a very adorable bark of approval. And then proceeded to bark something else that made Kiba freeze...

"Akamaru! I told you not to mention that!" he scowled, blushing when Akamaru barked once. "I do not!"

"What do you think they're talking about?" I asked Hinata and Shino quietly.

"I-I'm not sure..." Hinata replied, equally as confused as me, which is a pretty rare occurrence.

Kiba seems to realise the eyes on him and freezes. "Hey guys, um, it's nothing! So, no need to worry!" We're not convinced. "Stop looking at me like that!"

How suspicious...

I do a full circle of Kiba, or should I say 'Kiba'?

"Uh huh..." I say, hands behind my back while I continue my investigation. "Are you really the real Kiba?"

"Wha... What kind of question is that!?"

I gasp dramatically. "He's a fake! He didn't say he was! Attack!" But nobody attacked.

Wow, do I really have to do everything round here myself?

"Attack!" I repeat, about to do just that, when Shino grabs a hold of my belts and pulls me back. I'm able to jump closer to Shino so as not to activate the...weapons and release a sigh of relief.

"We're not supposed to attack our team mates." Shino stated calmly.

"But he's an imposter!"

"Please, who would want to disguise themselves as Kiba?"

"Too true..." I agreed.

"Hey!"

"But please don't yank on my belts again, it wouldn't be...safe." I said.