This is the life!

Dedicated to imchigon for creating this AMAZING new cover for this story!!!

I tired creating a cover for this story and maybe failed.....

Well, it's amazing and I love it and and and

AUTHOR NOTE OVER!!

-----------------------

(Previously)

I froze when I saw the handle of the door start to turn and gasped when the idea suddenly came to me....

(Third Person's POV)

POOF

The door opened fully and the bald man sweatdropped and Rythian froze when he saw the gigantic bird just staring at them.

"Sup' Rythian!" Leon says with an eye closed smile.

The bird extends a claw to Rythian's father and says, "I am Leon, pleasure to meet you!"

"Um...Ponk..." the man 'introduced' himself.

Meanwhile, or in the background, Rythian was searching the whole room for Lian.

She wasn't under the bed or in the closet and he couldn't sense her chakra anywhere, and was sure that she wasn't the gigantic bird because...

...the bird had logic and Lian had sort of killed logic a long time ago...

"Rythian, why is there a giant bird in your room?" Ponk asked his son.

"Um...you see here, this gigantic bird is a summoning?" Rythian stated more question lay but Leon nodded so he continued. "He lost his scroll and is trying to locate it!"

FACEPALM

"I can't stand this anymore...."

Lian got out from underneath Leon's warm wings with a sigh and Ponk glared daggers at the young ginger girl who was picking out feathers from her body.

"That's where you were hiding..." Rythian nodded.

"Great ANUB work, there!" Lian said sarcastically.

(Please don't start with the ANUB and ANBU business XD )

"Hey, I'm off duty!"

"Pft.....you said duty..."

"Oh, real mature." Rythian smirked.

"What is she doing here, Rythian?" Ponk asked glaring at Lian.

"Well, she just got back and was paying her respects to the Hokage and was upset about it so...I wanted to make sure she was okay..." Rythian muttered.

"What have I told you about this?!"

I blinked. "Wait, you scowling your son for being a good person?"

Talk about being mind screwed...

"Hey can be nice without being friends with someone like you!" Ponk glared and was about to grab my arm when Leon snatched the back of his shirt and held him in front of his beak.

"Don't touch my mistress. I wasn't able to help earlier on so I'm on high defence now, meaning, unless you are classified as a close friend, you're not allowed near her." Leon glared and dropped the man. He turned back to me and Rythian who were frozen due to the coldness of his voice.

My bird smiled an eye closed smile and said, "Do you have any fish?"

Shaking my head I turn back to the man and asked, "What did I do to offend you?! I don't remember playing a prank only you! Wait...are you the turkey guy?"

"Am I the what?" Ponk asked then shook his head glaring. "I have nothing against you, you just need to leave! Right now!"

"Lian, I'll see you some other time, okay?" Rythian smiled and I nodded not really believing his smile.

I unsummoned Leon and walked in silence to the door.

"You sure everything's alright here? I don't wanna leave if its not..." I said to Rythian who just smiled an eye closed smile.

"Trust me, everything's just fine! Its getting late, remember, don't talk to snakes!" Rythian said.

"After Orochimaru? Heh, I probably hate snakes as much as ducks!" I state glaring off at the side.

"...Why do you hate ducks?"

"Long story."

"Tell me later then, see you!"

"Bye, Rythian!" I smile and jump over the fence, leaving him to his dad.

I hope everything turns out alright between them two.....

-------------------

(Rythian's POV)

I sighed closing the door and locking it behind me.

"Rythian, I have warned you about this." my father who was far from sober growled.

"I know what happened was terrible and I miss her so much as well, you can't decide who I want to be friends or more with..." I said calmly, not wanting to anger him.

"Your mother was the perfect example of this!" he yelled and grabbed my shoulders, looking at me with crazed eyes.

"She died a peaceful death!! We couldn't have helped it!" I yelled.

My mother died when I was about five years old. I don't remember much but I do know that it was a disease that was life threatening. It did what it was suppose to do...

"Now son I'm only telling you this because life can do terrible things.
You'll learn one day and I hope and I pray that life shows you differently..."

The doctors did all they could but in the end it was all for nothing...my dad tried to find Lady Tsunade, someone who was from the leaf and was suppose to be able to heal any wound or disease.

It was almost too late though, so he came back a week before she left us...

"That was not the truth!"

"Huh?" I blinked quickly.

"That was a cover up story!!!" my father cried. "A ninja...they...they managed to hit here with senbon when we were on a mission...we never thought that they'd been laced with poison..."

"By the time you realised it was too late...." I muttered looking down, feeling drained.

"That's the reason I don't want you to be friends with anyone!"

I fell to the ground
on my knees

"But it's too late..." I sighed and smiled. "I've made friends and I care about them..."

"I don't want you to go through the pain I went through!!! The pain I felt when I lost your mother..." dad cried covering his face with one hand while the other rested on the wall. "When I lost the one I loved..."

"But dad..."

"No! When she left us I turned to everything a ninja was told not go turn to! Alcohol! Drugs! Gambling! Money! Women! Everything!" he yelled.

"Dad!" I yelled, tired of him rambling on and on. "Just spit it out! What are you trying to tell me?!"

"So don't fall in love there's just too much to lose!
If you're given a choice then I beg you to choose!
To walk away, walk away!
Don't let her get you!
I can't bear to see the same thing happen to you!

Now son, I'm only telling you this because life can do terrible things!"

I closed my eyes and turned away from my father. "Thing is dad, it's too late..."

"It's never too late, son!" he said placing a hand on my shoulder. "Just tell the girl that you don't wish to be friends with her anymore, and any other person who you consider your friend."

"Thing is..I don't want to." I stated shrugging his hand off. "I don't just want to be friends with Lian, I...want to be with her and take care of her, even if she thinks she can handle anything and everything herself. I want to be there for her..."

When I looked at me dad he just glared and me and shook her his. "This is your decision, don't come crawling back to me when she dumps you or dies or something."

I glared as he walked out towards the local bar probably. It's bingo night tonight so he'll probably waste his money trying to win...

He never used to be so bitter, but when my mother died he changed...

Now, on to a lighter subject!

I wonder...will Lian say yes if I ask her to go out for BBQ?

- - - - - - - - - - - -

(Lian's POV)

"STEVE!!!! GET YOUR SASUKE ASS OUT HERE!!!!!!!!!"

"QUACK QUACK!"

"You got some serious explaining to do mister!" I glared tapping my foot with arm crossed.

Steve tilted his head to the side in a questioning way, but also cautious.

"Why have your...species been in a rivalry between my family?" I asked.

"Quack quack quack!"

"What do you mean you're not telling?!" I yelled raising a fist. "alright! Answer this! How in the name of turtles do you know Fido and Rido Titen?!"

Steve froze, beady eyes wide. He glanced to the side before trying to fly away.

Key word, try.

I managed to grab a bunch of tail feathers so there you go.

"How about we make a deal?" I offer sinisterly making Steve shit bricks. "You can either tell me what I wanna know and I'll give you a three second head start, or I can just cook you now. You're pick."

"Q-Quack quack!"

"Number two?"

"QUACK QUAKC QUAKC QUUACK QUACK QUACK!!!!"

"I was kidding! Alright, I've asked you the questions already, spills the beans!" I glared.

Steve started to explain to me what happened......

He told me that when he was younger that he and my brothers met. Tend just entered the academy and Steve had just hatched.

Steve used to watch the two brothers spar and picked up ninja styles from them and became the second ninja duck.

Yip, second. He told me his great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grand mother was the first.

He travelled around the world to find her and she trained him before he died and so, that's when Steve started to to challenge ninja.

Specifically red haired ninja.

Why?

Because they stand out more.......

..........worst excuse ever? Tell me about it!

Steve used to challenge my brothers and then when they disappeared he had nobody to battle.

He traveled around but couldn't find good enough ninja or one tat stands out enough.

Until he met me....

"Okay," I shrugged, "Thanks for that, now! Dinner!"

Steve struggled away and started to fly after than I've ever seen him fly.

"Summoning jutsu!"

"Wow I've shown up more recently!' Leon cheered flying into the air, his talons holding onto my ankles so yes. I am hanging upside down with my giant bird flying after Steve.

I spread my arms out wide with a grin on my face.

This my friends, this is the life!

Leon let go of my ankles and I screamed before landing on the feathers of my bird.

"You didn't really think I dropped you, right?"

"...hmm? Of coarse!"

"So much trust in me..." Leon sighed and came down to land.

"Bye bye!" I grinned and he proofed off when we were near to the ground.

I landed in front of my house and opened the door to see.....

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!?!?!?!?"

---------------------

Okay! Im sorry for the late upload Yada Yada Yada

You've heard it all before!!!

Okay! Valid excuse! I was getting tutored for trigonometry.....

I swear to god! The oersted that created maths, homework, SCHOOL better get ready for a good yelling from me when I get up in ten clouds!!!!

So I hope you enjoyed this ^.^
Serious and random moments

Again! Thanks imchigon for creating this brilliant new cover! I love it!

PSYCHOPATH OUT
PEACE!

-----Random Skit-----

Lian - Hello everybody!!! I want to take the time to tell you about......ducks....

Naruto - and ramen!

Lian - Oh yeah, and ramen!

Sasuke - I heard ducks

Lian - you being serial? Security!

Security Guard - hmm? whats goin' on?

Lian - da duck is trying to ruin our skit!

Naruto - thanks for the ramen!

Lian - wait, who're you talking to?

Naruto - just some random fans....oh boy!! Ramen!!

Security Guard - ........

Sasuke - is he okay?

Lian - you know Naruto!

Sasuke - No....I mean the security guard......

Lian - huh?

POOF

Naruto - HEY!!!

Security Guard? - POOF

Lian - GASP! ERMAGAUD IT'S AN OBSESSED FAN!!!!! SASUKE I CHOOSE YOU!!!

*Sasuke flies across the room*

Naruto - AHHHH RAMEN!!!!!

Random Fan - RUNN!!!!

Lian - CUT THE CAMERA!!!! STOP RECORDING!!!!!

Random Fan - ......

Lian - AND YOU!!!!!!!!!! GIVE BACK THE RAMEN!!

Random Fan - Or what?!

Lian - You can say asta la vista to your 'Little Me'

*ramen returns*

*random fan (male) runs away*

Lian - well, not as well as I expected but -

Steve - QUACK QUACK

*Steve steals ramen*

Naruto - NOOOO!!!!!!

Sasuke - he's truly evil.....

Lian - STEVEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!