Conspiracies!

Probably the most confusing chapter I have ever written, but oh well! ^-^

==========

(Lian's POV)

"STEVE?!" me and Rido yelled in unison.

"QUACK QUACK?!" Steve yelled back.

"What do you mean, what're we doing here? What're you doing here?!" I asked the sitting duck. Literally.

Oh. You thought that Steve was standing next to the bandaged up, creepy dude? No. Quite different actually. Steve is actually locked up in a cage on the other side of the room.

"What's going on?" Rythian asks. "Danzo, what is the meaning of this?"

I'm gonna guess mister creepy man is Danzo.

"Rido. Welcome back." the old man said to my brother kindly.

I blinked in confusion and turned to my brother who was glaring. "Danzo. Care to explain?"

"QUACK QUACK!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HELP YOU?!" I yell at the caged duck. "YOU'RE THE CAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM!"

A duck just sweatdropped at me. Do you know how strange that is? The answer is very. Very strange indeed.

"Quack."

I gasped loudly and pointed at Danzo. "It was you?!" I yell at the old man.

"Ah, young Titen. So innocent." Danzo mused. "It's a shame really, how you never did become bitter and seek power like the young Uchiha boy."

I glared at the mention of Sasuke. Still a touchy subject.

"What're you talking about?" I ask. "This is the ANBU headquarters, I was given a place here...to train, I don't understand why Rythian had his memory wiped and why Steve is here."

"Steve?"

"Quack." Steve said the said time I said, "The duck."

"You are an interesting one, Lian." Danzo continued. "It is true that you have a place here to be trained, but your brother here also has a place."

"WHAT?!" me and Rythian questioned in shock, turning to Rido who was rolling his eyes.

"I told you years ago, I have to decline." Rido said cooly.

"The offer continues to stand then, it seems." Danzo said before turning back to me and Rythian. "As for Rythian getting his memory wiped, I had the help of the ninja duck behind me."

"His name is Steve." I stated.

"The ninja duck - "

"Steve."

" - wiped Rythian's memory to keep up his end of the deal. I wanted to see how you would react to having someone so close to you losing their memories." Danzo explained. "And what action you would take. You handled everything very well, better than expected seeing as you brought back with you the Titen prodigy."

"Wait, what deal?" Rythian asked Danzo.

"You're a prodigy?" I ask Rido who shrugs his shoulders. "No wonder Fido doesn't like you much you attention hog."

"Hey!"

"QUACK! QUACK! QUACK! QUACK! QUACK!" Steve was absolutely raging now!

"I made a deal with this duck that if he helped me erase the memories of some people, Rythian being one of them, then he and his family would be allowed to leave and live in peace." Danzo explained emotionlessly.