.:{Chapter 61}:.

Kaiden's POV

     "Aria please talk to me..." I replied softly as I held onto her shoulders hugging her.

     We were sitting on one of the benches on the school's bleachers outside at the back of the school near the football field it was just me and her now.

     School was officially over, the only people who were still here were the jocks and football team practicing on the field.

     "Whats wrong please..." I asked once softer than before as I looked into her beautiful eyes with concern.

     "Im..scared...." She mumbled softly under here breath. Her voice was so quiet if it was not for my werewolf hearing I could probably not be able to have heard her.

     My eyes widened in shock as my heart melted at her cuteness. But it also burnt like a new blazing fire at realization that she is scared of me.

     "What are you scared of..?" I asked softly my voice breaking slightly in pain.

     She looked up at me as a single tear slid down her cheek she didn't reply. She looked back down as a few more tears began to fall.

     "I promise I will always protect you aria maggie will too and Liam and even Ezra," I replied quickly nodding to her and grabbing her hand in mind squeezing it three times.

     She looked up at me her beautiful green eyes sparkling at me as she opened her mouth and then closed it. She looked as if she didn't know what to say and because of that, I waited.

     "Commitment..." She said softly holding onto my hand.

     "I'm not like them... I'm not him..." I replied back just as softly my heart breaking at the thought of my girlfriend thinking I was like her mate or the people who abused her.

     It wasn't really an answer as he told her as much as it was a defense. It was also the truth, he wasn't him. I had never been him he would never be him or like them.

     "I'm not him," I repeated once more holding onto her hand.

     I knew she knew that I wasn't but she was scared and honestly I could not blame her. 

     I bore no resemblance to him in any way. He had dark hair brown eyes pale skin and would always be wearing fancy clothes.

     The only thing that really connected us was our alpha aura and power. At that realization, I knew that was what she was afraid of, the alpha title and power.

     I leaned towards her as I grabbed her face in my hand kissing her forehead softly and caressing her cheek as I whispered sweet nothings in her ear.

     We sat there like that on the bench outside for about an hour watching out at the field as the jocks ran back and forth throwing and catching the ball.

     "Kaiden we have a problem back at the pack we need you here now." Ezra my beta replied in our mind link. I quickly sat up giving aria a sad look and kissing her forehead once more.

     "Aria I have to go there is alpha duty I have to do. I'm so sorry, do you think you can walk home by yourself?" I asked looking at her with concern.

     She nodded softly smiling softly, I returned the smile as I sat up pulling her up with me. I kissed her forehead once and then her lips hugging her tightly before I ran off towards my car.