.:{Chapter 58}:.

Kaiden's POV

     After lunch quickly gave aria a small kiss and a hug waving goodbye after threatening Ezra telling him if he lets jake go near him they are both deadmen.

     It was now the last block as I sat down in the library reading in our spot happy to know that aria had gym class. Hopefully, she will skip gym and come to be with my instead.

     I smiled at the thought of her skipping class to be with me. Thinking about it more and then drifting towards her smile and personality only forced my smile to grow.

     For my luck, she showed up and quickly sat down next to me pressing her head on my shoulder as a few tears slid down her cheeks.

     I rubbed her tears away with my thumb as I held onto her whispering and cooing sweet nothings in her ear.

     I did my best to comfort her, but she was far beyond comforting. Whatever happened to her, I thought, must have been some terrible sequence of events. 

     But what she told me wasn't quite what I was expecting. She explained to me that she has been getting abused since she was 5.

     I stood there and listened to every word she said. The more she kept talking, the more my fists started to clench.

      I could practically feel the blood boiling under my skin, and my sight had most definitely begun to blur. All I could see in that moment was red. 

     Once she finished, I almost immediately started shouting. Not at her, but for her. I told her how awful of a person they all were.

     And that no one should ever be treated like that and how sorry I was for her. I knew for a fact she didn't tell me everything and a lot was still only puzzled pieces but it was enough for now.

     "It's alright, I'm fine" she mumbles softly.

     "Well clearly, you're not fine!" I snapped back. 

     "They were my foster parents and classmates" she replied softly.

     "They are complete assholes I will kill them all!" I yelled out my voice booming throughout the library. I quickly got shushed by others and then apologized looking down.

     "It's fine," she asserted once again, this time putting her hands on my shoulders.

      "I think I need to talk to Declan," I replied softly

     "Please don't it's not worth it" she pleaded clinging onto my chest.

     "Don't worry," I scoffed. 

     "I'm not going to fight him or anything. I just want to make sure that he knows that what he said was wrong." I replied quickly.

     "Alright... but promise me you won't hurt him" she replied hesitantly.

     "I promise..." I replied back just as hesitantly. I knew that was a lie and I hated lying to her but I would not let Declan get away with this he was her mate.

     One again I felt my blood boil and my vision becomes to blur in black as I hugged aria tightly kissing her lips softly and wiping away her tears.

     "I will be back soon ok..?" I asked smiling softly.

     "I.. um.. okay..." She replied softly looking up at me.

     I nodded happily as I kissed her once more on the lips and then her forehead as I got up and walked out of the hallway.