Chapter 67

" Hi. " He said, sitting down across from me.

" Hey. "

" How are you? " He asked quietly. He looked nervous.

" I'm okay. How are you? "

" I'm good. " He said followed by an almost smile.

" Thank you for last night Ryan. "

" You don't need to thank me Jessica. "

" I do, i probably would have been lost somewhere if it wasn't for you bringing me home. "

" Was Justin mad at you? " He asked.

" Um, " I clenched my cup of coffee. "He seemed pissed, i guess it was the whole me being wasted the day of my daughter's funeral, no getting home until 2, being with you... " I said fading out.

" He was pretty pissed last night too. " He turned his head, there was a huge bump on his jaw.

" Oh my god. " I gasped.

" It's fine. "

" He hit you? " I said, surprised and angry at Justin.

" Yeah, but it's okay, i sorta understand why he did hit me. "

" That isn't the point Ryan. "

" What do you say we go for a walk in the park? "

" Okay. " I nodded, grabbing my bag and coat off the back of the chair.

~

We walked to the park and stopped at the small duck pond.

" There's so many things i want to say to you Jessica. "

" I have all day. " I laughed. I just laughed for the first time in what felt like a couple of years.

" Justin would kill me if he found out i told you. "

" That's probably the least of my worries right now. "

What could he possibly have to tell me... About Justin that's so secretive?

" When you went to New York, I ran into Justin at a club... A strip club. I never spoke to him in a long time, but he came up to me anyways. We ended up hooking up with a couple of strippers. Turns out they were meeting up with a couple of dealers, anyways. We hung out back at the club. After a few drinks and a few snorts. "

" Oh my god, Justin did drugs? " I interrupted not believing what i was hearing.

" No, i was getting to that. He was the only one who never. Anyways, turns out this girl had bad seizures. Justin and I thought it'd be funny to mix something in her drink. She had a bad seizure after that drink, we ran and she... "

" She what? "

" She died. "

" Oh my god. I can't believe this. "

" Jessica, it's okay, we're not getting caught we covered our tracks good. "

" That's not the point Ryan, you... "

" I what! " He sounded angry.

" You killed somebody. " I said quietly.

" Friends don't judge other friends. " He said, sounding pissed.

" Look, i'm not one to judge but this isn't just something you brush off your shoulder and call it the past. "

" But it is the past Jessica. "

" What was her name? "

" I don't know, i forget. "

" I know you're lying. "

" Marley. "

" I need some time. This is too much to take in all at once. I'll call you later. "

I said walking away and not thinking twice about it. As if my hangover wasn't horrible enough. Justin killing someone? This is too much. This is way too much.

I took my time walking home, i thought out exactly what i was going to say to Justin. I can't just keep this to myself.

I walked in through the front door and immediately came face to face with Justin.

" Can i talk to you? " I said.

He followed me up the stairs and into his room.

" What do you need to talk about? "

" I was just with Ryan and- "

" You actually met up with him? " He interrupted.

" Yes, i did. "

" I don't want you around him Jessica."

" Apparently so, you put quite the dent in his jaw. "

" Because Jessica, he's trouble you can't trust him. "

" And i can trust you? " I argued.

" Of course you can! Why would you even ask that? "

" Wanna do me a favour, Justin? "

" Yeah, what is it? "

" Tell me about that Marley girl. "

His face turned white, like a ghost. I swear i could feel the tension build.

" Jessica, " He tried to come closer to me but i stepped back.

" Don't touch me. "

" You can't tell anyone about this Jessica, my career my whole life is at stake. "

" Is that really what means most to you? "

" Yes, Jessica you have no clue. "

" That girl has a family, friends and you took her life for a joke. "

" It's not like that. "

" It is Justin. I can't even look at you right now. "

" Please don't tell anyone Jessica. "

" You're pathetic. " I said, disgusted at him.

I heard him curse under his breath before i shut the door behind me.

Short update but i've been waiting to write this one for a while! It's also my second time updating tonight! Consider it a little gift:)

PLEASE VOTE AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK I AM SO ANXIOUS TO KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THOUGHT!!!!!!!

Xoxoxo