Chapter 39

1 week later~

Justin & I haven't spoke a word to each other. I have barely even made eye contact with him. It's harder than i thought but i couldn't be more upset with him.
I'm getting so fed up with this. Tonight he has an award show to go to. It's going to be his first public debut with Selena. I'm telling myself if he gets close to her, touches her the wrong way and cross my heart and hope to die, if he kisses her, he's done.

I cringe at the thought of his hands on her, making her feel the way he made me feel. Isabella is spending a lot of time with him lately, he's been taking her with him a lot and i haven't really said anything to him, but i'm beginning to get mad with him.

It's 2 o'clock in the day, Justin should be home any minute. I put my salad bowl in the sink and clean off the counter, and finish washing the dishes. Trying to rush so i can be out of the room when Justin walks in through the door.

" Jessica? " An oddly familiar voice said from behind me.

It made me jump, i never even heard him come in. He stood there, looking innocent and sorry. I needed to snap out of it. I'm not forgiving him, not yet at least. He needs to earn my trust back.

I turned back to washing the dishes. I heard footsteps moving close to me.

" Jess, babe it's been 2 weeks since i've heard your voice, please talk to me, i miss you. "

" You don't have the privilege of calling me babe anymore. You lost that privilege the moment you chose Selena over me. " I scowled at him.

" What are you saying? Are you breaking up with me? " He asked, sounding nervous.

" No, i never said that. But right now, i think it's best if we took a break. We'll see what comes out of it. " I said, saucily walking past him and back up the stairs.

It's time to think, set my thoughts straight. Decide what i should do, and what would be best for the both of us.

After a long hour, stuck in pure dilemma, i came to a conclusion. I think it's time i got my own place...

I think that Justin would disagree and take it as an opportunity to keep my distance from him but i'm 19 now, i've had a place before and i am more than capable of taking care of myself.
Tonight over supper i'll throw it out there, see what Pattie and Dad think of it. Luckily, Justin will not be there, he'll be at the award show. It's the perfect opportunity. I smiled to myself, happy with my plan and excited to be finally taking matters into my own hands.

We all sat down at the dinner table, and waited for the chicken to be fully cooked. Within 10 minutes, there was a delicious meal of chicken, garlic bread and caesar salad laid in front of us.

We ate and just before we were almost all done, i forced myself to say it.

" Can i talk to you both about something for a minute? " I asked, laying my fork down.

" Of course. " My dad answered.

" I was thinking about how hard it was for all of us the past few months, between sharing everything and having Isabella's stuff everywhere. I was wondering, if i could get myself a job and maybe have my own place again. "

I looked up at them both and waited for an answer.

" I think that's a wonderful idea, " Dad said.

I smiled excitedly and took another bite of food.

" Me too, i think giving you a second chance is more than reasonable. "

" Really? " I asked excitedly.

" Sure, why not. But i have one question. " Pattie asked.

" Yes, anything! " I answered.

" What's going on with you and Justin?"

I felt my cheeks turn red, way to put me on the spot....

" Uh, were just not on speaking terms at the moment. " I answered, biting into another mouthful of salad.

She nodded her head, " We can start looking for apartments tomorrow okay? " Dad suggested.

I nodded, " Can i just have one favour?"

They both nodded.

" Can you please not tell Justin about this, i'm just mad at him and i want him to not know anything about it. "

" Fine by me. " They both agreed.

" Thank you both! " I said, excusing myself from the table and kissing them both on the cheek.

I ran upstairs and sat on my bed, flicking on the TV. Just in time... Justin and Selena were walked down the red carpet, his hand was wrapped around her upper back, they weren't standing too close to each other, but if it were my way they wouldn't be standing next to each other at all...

The interviewer called them both over to her, " Justin! Selena! " The young and beautiful looking brunette called them over.

They walked over, all smiles. Just as if they really were a couple. I violently scratched my nails over my inner palms.

" So, is this the start of a new relationship? " The interviewer asked them anxiously.

They smiled and giggled lightly at eachother, Justin looked nervous. He was about to speak up when Selena spoke up, " I think it definitely is the start of something for the both of us. Justin and I have been friends for so long and to me it just makes perfect sense, it's why i love him as much as i do. " Selena answered all bubbly, and scooted over closer to Justin.

" So, both of you are budding artists do you think you guys will ever get together and do a song together? " The interviewer asked.

Selena answered again, " We haven't really spoke about that, but to me it sounds like a great idea, working next to one of my best friends would be a dream. " She smiled, showing off her perfect white teeth. The red lipstick she was wearing made her teeth look even whiter. Besides the fact her long red dress hugged her curves perfectly and made her look like a barbie.

I frowned at how nice she looked. I felt betrayed. I was watching my Justin, publicly tell the world, that basically he's over his lame plain jane sister, and is ready to start a new life with his new beautiful & famous Selena.

" Justin you're being pretty quiet over there, now tell me, how good does Selena look tonight? " She asked him.

He smiled, " I think she looks absolutely beautiful, like always! " He laughed and put his arm around her again.

She hugged him tight, and placed her hand on his upper stomach. Just the way i used to.

" Would you look at these two! How cute are they? " The interviewer said into the camera, turning back to the both of them.

" One more question before you move inside, this one is for Justin. " She began.

I sat up in my seat, back straight barely on the edge. I wiped the tears from my eyes so i could see the TV clearly.

" I understand that Jessica Rogers, you're ex girlfriend used to do a lot with you and also you were quite... close with her we'll say. How are things for the both of you? " She asked awkwardly.

Justin smiled, trying to hide his blushing cheeks from the embarrassment. " Uh, let's just say our relationship is in the past and what's in the past stays in the past. " He said, with his hand on Selena's open back as they walked in through 2 big doors.

I flicked the remote across the room and began to cry. " You're right Justin, what happens in the past stays in the past. I'm done. " I said to myself.

Second update today, just to make up for the long wait for the last update! Hope you guys liked it! Comment what you guys thought!!! Don't forget to vote aswell!

xx