Chapter 36

My vision was hazy, blurry and my head was pounding. I felt dizzy and it took me a minute to catch my breath, i felt as if i had just ran a marathon.

5 or 6 minutes later, I came to my senses and I managed to realize that I was in the basement or back room of what looked like a fairly new house. Actually it looked beautiful, the bed i was laid down on had ivory covers, and the room was painted a cozy red. The room furniture looked modern and expensive.

I stood up and ran over to the door. It was unlocked to my surprise. I walked out and stepped into the long hallway. This definitely was an expensive house.
I passed the bathroom, another bedroom, a computer room and the living area. I came to the kitchen and Ryan and two other adults were sat at the table.

I looked around for a minute or two, then i coughed and they all turned around. Ryan jumped up immediately coming over to me looking happy and excited. " Mom, Dad this is Jessica. "
He announced putting his arm around me. " One minute! " He said, walking me out of the kitchen. He walked me down the hall and to the room i was just in.

" Where the hell are we? " I asked.

" We're at my parents house, they invited us here for supper. "

" Us? They don't know me. " I argued.

" Remember the day i told you that my parents wanted to meet you someday, well today is someday. You're my girlfriend now. " He said in a demanding voice.

" Excuse me? What? No, I'm with someone else, not you. " I yelled.

" Keep your voice down! " He hushed violently.

" Look, i'll play along if you give me some answers. " I said sitting on the bed.

He shook his head and paced around the room. He sighed loudly, " Look, play along with the whole girlfriend thing, and then i'll give you your answers, ok? "

Part of me began to think he was calming down, I nodded unsure and stood up again. I followed him out the door and down the hall back down to the kitchen. He wrapped his arm around me, and pulling me close to him. " Smile and act polite, " he whispered in to my ear.

" Hello Jessica! " Ms Butler greeted pulling me in for a hug.

I hugged her back and pretended like i gave a shit about any of them. " Hello Mr & Ms Butler! " I said sitting down next to Ryan at the table.

" Nice to meet you Jessica, we've heard so much about you! " Mr Butler said smiling warmly.

" You too! " I answered.

After 10 minutes of awkward small talk about my life, there was a big plate of homemade mac & cheese laid down on the place mat in front of me.

2 hours later, we said our goodbyes. We walked out to his car and i sat in the front seat.

" Okay, i want my answers now. "

He ignored me and kept his eyes on the road ahead of him.

" Ryan! Answer me! " I said, raising my voice at him.

He ignored me again.

" Jesus Ryan! Do you hear me or not? "

No answer again.

" Ryan! " I yelled, hitting the side if his arm.

He turned at me and slapped me across the face. " Jesus Jess! " He yelled.

I got a fright at how loud he yelled. " I just want to know what's going on. "

He shook his head, " I don't have the answers to all your questions you have to wait. "

" Ryan, I have to go home to Bella and Justin, please. " I begged.

He ignored me once again and continued to drive on down the road.

It was dark now, and I was getting tired. I couldn't get Bella off my mind. What if Justin wasn't home yet, and she's still there in her crib starving. I cringed at the thought.

" Please Ryan, let me go home. " I begged him once more, barely speaking because holding back the tears were getting way too difficult.

The car came to an immediate stop. Ryan slammed on the brakes and pulled over to the side of the road.

" Call your mother or Justin or whoever the hell you want to call, and you tell them exactly what i tell you to say. Am i clear? " He said demandingly.

I nodded and took the phone from his hands. I dialled the number and listened to 4 rings, then someone picked up.

" Hello? Mom? Justin? " I asked anxiously.

" Jessica, oh my god. " Justin answered.

I looked at Ryan, he nodded.

" I'm okay, just please tell me Isabella is okay, please. "

" She's fine, I found her screeching in her crib when I got home, the poor thing was starving. Where the hell did you go? "

I swallowed past the huge lump in my throat, and looked over at Ryan.

" You got a call from a friend, saying you were in a car accident, so you rushed over to the hospital, completely forgetting about the baby. You're staying at a friends house for the night." Ryan whispered.

" Jessica? Are you still there? " Justin asked from over the phone.

" Uh, yeah, I got a call earlier today, saying you were in a car accident, so I drove down to the hospital and you weren't there, I was on my way back and I ran into, uh- Stephanie and I'm staying at her place for the night. "

" Jesus Christ, how could you even leave Isabella like that! " Justin yelled.

" Times up, " Ryan whispered angrily.

" Look, Justin i'm sorry but i'll see you soon. "

" You just left her like that. For god sakes it's Christmas. " He said sounding angry.

Tears began to roll down my face, " I know Justin i'm sorry, I love you. "

" Yeah Merry fucking Christmas to you too Jessica. "

And with that he hung up.

Sorry for the long wait, I was kinda stuck on what was gonna happen, but i hope you guys like it! Your votes and comments are reaaally appreciated!