Chapter 14

I had no intention of telling Ryan why i was crying, and it was hard because he kept asking me over and over again. It was sweet that he was so comforting though.

" Babe, are you okay? " He asked embracing me into a tight hug.

" I'm just happy, " I lied. " You know how emotional i am, i cry over the ends of funny movies for god sakes, " i giggled.

He laughed back, " You sure? "

" Yeah! I'm fine, " i lied again.

" Good, it breaks my heart to see you upset. " He answered, hugging me tighter.

" I love you. "

" I love you too, "

We both woke up around 1 in the afternoon, because we went for a late night drive and went for our weekly Dairy Queen date.

Tonight was the party, and i was getting nervous. What if all of Ryan's friends never accepted me or accepted the fact i'm the mother of Ryan's child.
I knew that after tonight, the word would start to get around. I wanted to tell my dad myself. I certainly didn't want him hearing the news from over the local news channel.
The plan for tomorrow was to go visit him and Pattie, and tell them the news. Ryan asked to come, but i'm not sure if that would be a good idea. Pregnant at 19 might not be the greatest thing in the world to tell your parents, but then again, you never know.

I drove home to go get cleaned up and ready for tonight.

Justin's POV

" Hey bro! " Ryan said over the phone.

" Hey buddy, how's it going? "

" It's going good! How's the tour? "

" I'm on break, i'm flying in soon, i'll be home tonight! "

" That's good, i'm having a party tonight, you gonna come? "

" You know i wouldn't miss it! "

" Sweet, see ya then! " Ryan answered, and then hung up afterwards.

My life has been going down hill the past few weeks. I can't stop thinking about Jess. I've never loved anyone so much, now she's with my best friend and could possibly be fathering my child.
I cringed at the thought, i need to do something. I knew i'd be seeing her at Ryan's tonight, and tonight might be the perfect time to talk to her about how i feel. I hope she made her decision, because i've been biting the bullet and gone almost 1 month without talking to her, and patiently waiting for her decision.
It seems so surreal that this is even happening.

The flight home was long and boring, but when we finally landed, i felt relieved. I was so excited to see Jessica, i missed her so much. I've been thinking about her so much lately.

When i pulled into the lot of the building where we both lived, i seen her jeep. The one she was so happy to get on her birthday. I smiled, thinking about her happiness.
I peeked into her front window from behind the railing, she was on the couch wearing a beautiful red dress. She finally got her bump, i smiled.

8:30 came pretty quickly, and i was ready to go. I knew tonight was going to be hard. I knew i'd have to face both Ryan and Jess, and i couldn't do much about it.
I sat in my car waiting for Jess to come out, I wanted to make things right. I needed to talk to her.

Jess's POV

I slipped on my white wedge heels, the ones that we're shorter to the ground. Considering being pregnant and 5 inches taller probably wouldn't have been the best decision.
I walked out the door closing and locking it behind me. I was just about to open my car door when there was an oddly familiar voice calling out my name.

" Jess! " it called again.

I turned around to see Justin standing there. He was wearing the white T-Shirt he knows i love on him.

" Hey, " i answered back awkwardly.

He walked over closer to me, " I'm guessing you're going to Ryan's party? "

" Uh, yeah i am. Are you? " I asked.

" Yeah, you wanna ride with me? "

" Sure i guess, " i answered awkwardly.

I hopped in the car, and immediately i felt the tension and the awkwardness flowing heavy in the car.

" How've you been? " He asked laying his hand on the seat, barely touching my leg.

" Alright, how've you been? "

" You know how i've been Jess. "

I never answered him, i didn't know how to. I tried to speak but no words came out.

" Have you made up your mind? "

" I had to Justin, look at me. " I answered back putting my hand over my stomach.

" You told Ryan it was his, didn't you?"

" What the hell was i supposed to say?"

" I don't know Jess, for one you didn't need to go out with him in the first place. " He answered angrily.

" I actually started to like him after HE asked me to hang out sometime. "

" Jess, i still love you. "

Everything went completely mute. I felt tears in my eyes, and goosebumps on my arms and legs.

" What are we even fighting over? " He asked.

I kept my head down low, " It's all wrong Justin, you are my brother. I can't have a baby with my brother. What's going to happen when he's old enough to figure out that you're my brother. He'll be ashamed and embarrassed when he's older. "

" After all that we have been through, you still look at me like i am your brother? " He yelled.

" That's not what i meant Justin, "

" I don't care if it was you meant Jessica, you're killing me here. I have to sit back and watch my best friend be with the girl i love and watch him raise my kid. That is cruel Jessica. "

I didn't know what to say, I always knew what i was doing was completely wrong and if i could find a way to make this work i would, but i never ever took Justin's feelings into consideration.

" I'm sorry, " I whispered starting to cry.

He never answered and i didn't blame him.

" Can we find a way to make this work Jess, I can't live my life in a bigger lie. "

" I know, i'm sorry. "

I looked at him and i seen the tears in his eyes, it broke my heart. I couldn't sit here and watch him cry. I couldn't control myself. I leaned in and kissed him with everything i had in me.