Chapter 31

3 weeks later, things are the same and nothing between Pattie and I have changed.

Justin & I have continued to secretly see eachother. It's been hard but ironically, it's been making things a whole lot better.

Tonight Justin was sneaking in because Dad and Pattie we're going out. For the first time since Justin and I have broken up and this whole situation became worse, he was going to see Isabella.

He was arriving here at 8 and Pattie and Dad should be leaving within 10 or 15 minutes.

I decided i would dress down and keep it extremely simple wearing just a baggy long-sleeve and a pair of jeans.
I dressed Bella in the dress Justin bought for her the day after she was born. She looked precious as always, and tonight would mean something to both Justin & I. I was really excited.

" Jessica? " Pattie called out from downstairs.

" Yeah? " I answered.

" I'm leaving now, i'll be home at 11 okay? "

" Yep! "

Finally, i whispered to myself. I brushed our my hair once more and laid on my bed and waited. Checking the clock way too often and waited some more.

I heard his truck pull up shortly after, followed by a knock on the door. I ran down and opened and he was standing there looking his usual perfect self. He was wearing dark blue jeans, the ones that made him look taller than he actually was. With a light blue top and his hair slicked back he looked like the guy i fell in love with.

" Hey Jess. " He greeted me, walking in and laying a small bag on the table behind me.

I smiled, " Hey! "

He leaned in and kissed me, shivers went up my spine. I waited for that.

He followed me upstairs to my room. It felt weird being in there with him. With the whole been a while thing and everything has been transformed into Isabella's room more so than it is mine.

" Woah it's been a while since i've been here! " He said awkwardly.

I didn't know what to do other than laugh. " Yeah, i know! "

I picked Bella up out of her crib and handed her over to him. Her little face lit up the moment she seen him and it brought tears to my eyes, to see the way they both reacted to seeing eachother.

" Hey Bell, " he said in a cute daddy voice. He played with the small bow in her hair and held her close to him. " I missed you princess. " He whispered into her ear.

I smiled at the way he was taking care of her, holding her or even the way he was looking at her. This moment was what i was waiting for.

We played with her for a good hour until she got really sleepy and fell asleep. Once she did we both went outside on the back step.

There was a swing chair hanging from the roof over the patio. He sat down and stared at me. I was still standing, the swing wasn't big, there wasn't enough room for the both of us to sit down.

I kept one hand on my other arm. He kept looking at me.

" Come on Jess, I don't bite. "

I laughed and nodded slightly. Walking over and taking a seat next to him and put my legs over his lap.

" I miss being with you Jess. "

I stayed quiet for a couple seconds, not knowing if I should answer or not. " I miss being with you too. "

" You know i'm really sorry right. "

" I know, " I said while nodding.

" I regret it more than anything, you know that right? " He said looking right into my eyes.

" I hope you know that i miss you 10 times more. " I admitted smiling uncontrollably.

He turned to me and put his hand under my jawline. Leaned in and kissed me. He kissed me over and over again, making me fall for him the way i did the very first time we kissed.
My heart was pounding and there was butterflies flying around in my stomach. I was happy again, it felt right all over again.

His touch was gentle and i didn't realized how much i missed it until now. He continued to kiss me, i continued to kiss back.

We only stopped twice and it continued for a good 20 minutes, and then i pulled away. I stared into his eyes and couldn't help but smile.

" I love you. " I whispered touching his cheek gently.

He smiled, revealing all his perfect white teeth. " I love you too. "

" Oh my god. " Justin whispered, letting go of my hand immediately.

I looked over and him confused and he stared at the person standing in the doorway. " Shit, " I cursed.

" You lied to me Jessica. I was beginning to regain my trust for you and you go behind my back. Jesus you're like a 10 year old i can't leaving you for 2 hours. " She said with anger rising in her voice.

" Pattie i'm so sorry for lying to you and going behind your back, i do feel horrible but you don't understand how i feel or the situation i'm in. " I fought back.

" You are secretly dating your step brother, that's disgraceful. "

Justin grabbed my hand again,

" Mom, " He began. " I love Jessica, I have since the very first day she came here, we both know quite well that it's wrong, we talk about it everyday. We just need you to understand we didn't choose this and no matter what you do to try and keep us away from each other it isn't going to work. "

" Justin you or Jessica do not get to make that decision. "

" Jessica is 19 and she can legally do whatever the fuck she wants so why don't you just let us do what we want to to because we don't care what you think anymore. "

She stared back and forth at the both of us. " Alright... "

Sorry for the long wait i'll be updating again soon!!! Comment your thoughts below and don't forget to vote vote vote!!