Chapter 62

Justin's POV

" Mom, i was thinking i'd call Jess, ask her over for supper? " I said, biting into an apple.

" Yeah her number was on the phone, i didn't get to it in time, call her back! "

That's weird. Knowing her she would have called back until she got an answer. " Sure.. " I answered, walking over to the phone and dialling her house number.

No Answer.

" No answer, honey? " Mom said from behind me.

" No, i'll try her cell phone. " I said, dialling the numbers into the phone.

" Hey Jess! "

" Who am i speaking with? " A low male voice said into the phone.

" Justin, who is this? " I answered shocked. Who the hell is this?

" I'm the sheriff officer. Jessica Rogers, is she the lady you're looking for? "

" Yes, what's wrong? "

" There's been an accident. "

My veins froze, i could feel my heart stop beating. Oh my god. I dropped the phone on the floor and ran to get my shoes.

" Mom, come on! " I yelled.

She came over wearing her apron looking terrified. " Who was that? What's going on? "

" Jessica, she's been in an accident. "

I could see the tears fill up in her eyes. She flicked the across the room and reached for her coat off the rack.

Nobody spoke a word to each other on the way. I was too shocked.

" What happened? What kind of accident? " Mom asked quietly.

" I don't know, i hung up before he could explain. "

I shook my head at the thought of the possibility i could loose her.

We pulled into the hospital parking lot and i had to contain myself to not sprint across the parking lot.

Mom put her hand on my back and rubbed it around, " We'll be okay. " She said.

I sighed deeply. " We don't know that."

" We just got to hope for the best. "

" I know, i'm trying. "

Walking in through the doors of the hospital was frightening. So many things were rushing through my mind.
She'll be okay, I told myself. She'll be fine.

" We're here to see Jessica Rogers, " Mom said to the lady wearing scrubs at the front desk.

She looked through a bunch of papers over to the side and pulled out a folder.

" Waiting room for her unit is down the hall, take a left then the 4th door to the right. " She smiled.

" Thank you. " We both said.

The waiting room was small and cramped with people. Some were playing on their phones and the sound of the games were making me annoyed. Some others were minding their own business and burying their heads in a book. The only thing i could do was sit down in my extremely uncomfortable chair and stare at the speckled tiles.

After 45 minutes of waiting and nearly going straight out of my mind, a man wearing a white hospital jacket came out of a door off to the side and announced her name.

Mom and I both stood up and followed him further down the hallway. " Im Doctor Murphy. I'll be Jessica's regular doctor during her stay here. "

Mom held out her hand and they shook hands. " How is she? What's wrong with her? " I asked, not caring about how anxious i sound.

" You must be her boyfriend? "

Am i? " Uh, step brother actually. " I answered, figuring it's probably best to leave it at that, and not get into detailed explaining of my personal life to this doctor.

" Ah, well Jessica is going to be fine, although she has a pretty bad concussion from the severe hit she took, and her broken leg is probably the worst of it, she will be sore for a while aswell. As for everything else, her 2 black eyes and couple of bruises will heal quickly. " He said, leading us to her room.

While he spoke with mom, i tried to see her through the small window of her room. A curtain was slid across and i could only see the bottom of her bed.

" What caused the accident? " Mom asked.

" Police are still investigating, and not releasing details until later. I'm not even sure of what happened. "

" Can we go inside and see her? " I asked.

" Yes, of course. " He answered. Stepping away and letting us go in ourselves.

I rushed over to the side of her bed and seen her laying there asleep. Her eyes were blackened and there was bruises all over her head. IV tubes were hooked up to her wrist and her leg was elevated.

" Oh my god. " I said to myself.

Mom looked just as shocked as i did. Jessica looked terrible, like she had just been beaten.

It was dark outside now, the room was getting dark and Jess was still sleeping. I sat by her bedside and kept her hand in my hand.

Jess's POV

Waking up the next morning was painful. It took me a minute to realize what had happened and where i was. My leg was stiff and swollen under the cast. My eyes were blacked and my nose hurt. All this made the small cuts and bruises that stung and hurt so badly seem like nothing.

I opened my eyes and looked to my right. Justin was asleep, face down in the bed. His hand was in my hand and i had no intention of letting go.

I remembered New York, Chase, Isabella..

Oh my god.

Isabella.

Is she okay?

I felt my chest tighten and tears immediately streamed down my face. Her cries from the back seat of the car echoed in the back of my mind.

I shook Justin's arm, trying to wake him up.

He shot up, frightened. He looked at me and embraced me in a tight hug.

" Oh my god Jess, i'm so glad you're okay! " He said.

I pulled away. " Isabella. " I cried.

" What? She was in the car with you? " He asked, looking terrified.

I nodded, shutting my eyes tightly, causing more tears to stream down.

" Oh my god. " He said to himself.

" I have to find her. " I said trying to pull the IV out of my arm.

" No Jess, you can't. " He said, trying to stop me.

" I have to Justin! " I screamed.

Tears rolled down his face and my heart shattered in a million pieces watching him cry at the end of my bed.

Let me know what you guys think! Leave comments & please vote!!!