Chapter 71

" Hey! " Holly said through the other end of a phone.

" Hi, um i'm going to the mall and i was wondering did you want to come down and meet up with me? "

" Yeah, i'd love to! " She answered happily.

" Cool! Meet me in like 15 minutes? "

" Sure, see you then! "

" Okay, bye! " I said, hanging up.

I finished putting my makeup on in the small hotel bathroom. I brought a lot of my things here, even my pillow.

" Jessica are you almost ready? " Justin yelled from where the bed is.

" Hold on! " I yelled back, sliding one more earring into my ear.

I opened the door and walked out. Both of them stared at me. I felt myself blushing, so i turned around to put my coat on.

" Damn. If you bend over just a little bit more you can see up your skirt. " Ryan remarked.

" Shut up dude. " Justin snapped.

I fixed my hair in the mirror once more and scowled at Ryan from behind me.

" You are disgusting. " I said.

" I can't help myself. " He laughed.

" Just for you, i'll change into jeans. "

" Hope their tight. " He smirked.

" Ryan, i swear to god if you don't shut your fucking mouth. " Justin snapped again, raising his voice louder.

" I'll be back in an hour or so. " I said slipping a pair of jeans under my skirt then pulling my skirt down over the jeans.

" Bye Jess. " Justin said, smiling a little.

" Bye! " I smiled back.

Ryan looked weirdly back and forth at Justin and I. I ignored him and shut the door behind me.

Justin's POV

" Okay, tell me what's going on between you two? " Ryan said.

" Nothing's going on. " I rolled my eyes.

" I'm not stupid bro, come on. I thought you guys were fighting or something. "

" How'd you know? " I asked.

" Like i said, i'm not stupid. " He answered.

" We were but i apologized. She lost her daughter and i lost it at her because you brought her home late. "

" You apologized? "

" Yeah? " I answered, stating it like it should be obvious.

" Make up sex? " He joked.

" You are a pig. " I answered, turning back and looking at the computer screen.

" Is that a yes? " He continued to tease.

" That's a no. " I answered slyly.

Jess's POV

" That would look so good on you! " Holly said, pointing to a blue coloured shirt.

" I'm not really looking to buy anything today, but thanks. " I smiled.

" You seem uptight. " She remarked.

" No? " I laughed. " I'm not uptight! "

" Is there something on your mind? "

" No, i just can't seem to get your sister off my mind. I hate to bring it up but i just keep thinking about her. "

" Aw, Jessica. It's okay, i really wasn't that close to her anyways. Besides the police are looking into the murder case now. "

" Really? Do you know how've far they gotten? " I asked.

" They know that she was poisoned and had a seizure just before she died. They're looking for fingerprints and any evidence of who was there that night. "

" Oh, so they haven't really gotten close yet? "

" No, but they're thinking they'll have the case closed by the end of this week. They seem confident about it. "

" What do you think about it all? " I asked.

" I'm not exactly sure, i'm both excited and scared to know who her killer was."

" Yeah, i see where you're coming from. I can't imagine being in the position you're in. "

" I'll manage, especially when i have a good friend like you! " She smiled.

I smiled back. " Anytime! "

" Are you ready to clue up here? " She asked.

" Yeah! We could meet up again sometime soon! " I said, hugging her.

" Definitely! " She smiled.

" Look, i know with everything going on you're probably busy and all, but if you ever need anything or just want to talk. I'm here, and always just a phone call away. " I smiled back.

" Thanks Jess, i will. " She waved goodbye and walked over to her car.

~

When i walked into the room, Ryan was asleep. Justin was watching TV.

" How'd it go? " He asked, sitting up immediately, once he seen me.

" Good, well good but bad for you guys, i- i mean us. "

Justin flicked a pillow at Ryan and he nearly rolled over off the bed.

" What? " He asked sleepily, his eyes were barely open and his voice was scratchy. It was familiar, a little bit still too familiar.

" She's back. " Justin said, making no eye contact with him.

Did something happen while i was gone?

" What'd she say? "

" Well, the police found nothing yet. But they're confident enough to think they are going to have the case solved and closed by the end of the week. "

Justin looked shocked and Ryan paced the room with his hands in his hair, cursing beneath his breath.

" What else did she say? " Ryan asked.

" That's it really. "

" So what are we gonna do? " I asked.

" We all need rest, let's sleep on it and decide in the morning. " Justin suggested.

" Good idea, i'm dropping. " I said, walking to the bathroom to change into my pyjamas.

When i came out, Ryan was already half asleep and Justin was already in the other one. This should be a no brainer.

I smiled at Justin and climbed over next to him. He smiled back and kissed me on the forehead.

" I'm scared. " I whispered.

He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him. " It's okay to be scared. "

" I feel like time is running out. "

" Whatever happens, happens. " He answered.

" Are you scared? " I asked.

" Yes. " He answered.

I buried my head into his chest.

" If we get out of this, if we really make it out of this whole situation without getting caught. Promise me, we'll get out of here and won't look back. "

" I love that idea. " He answered, hugging me a little closer to him.

" I missed you. "

" I missed you too. "

I pulled myself up and gently pressed my lips onto his. Gently, and barely i made our lips move together. His lips were soft, just like the way i remembered.

" Would it be crazy if i told you i love you? "

I ignored him and kissed him again.

" I do. " He said under the kiss.

Hope this satisfies some of you;) please vote & comment your thoughts, i'm really looking forward to hearing them!!!!