Chapter 53

Chase comes back tonight, i'm really nervous about what's going to happen. I really do love him, a lot actually. For the first time in a long while i've been feeling really happy, not under pressure or scared, happy. That is until now at least. Chase wouldn't cheat on me would he?

It's 11:30 in the night and he should be home any second.

I sat on the couch, and waited to see the headlights shine in through the window. 2 minutes later, I did and my heart sank down to my stomach.

He walked in through the door and he looked exhausted. He smiled when he seen me.

" Hey babe! " He said, dropping his bags and coming over to me for a hug.

Should i hug him?

I did anyways, and he kissed me, but i didn't kiss back.

" What's wrong? " He asked, sitting down next to me.

" Are you cheating on me? " I asked bluntly.

" What? Are you crazy Jess, i would never ever, ever do that to you. " He said grabbing onto my hands.

" But, you said you were with your dad. I ran into him and your mom at the Mall yesterday. "

He sighed. " I want to tell you, but i can't. "

" So you are cheating on me? " I said, feeling myself getting angry.

" Jesus no, i would never. " He argued.

" Well why did you go to Boston? Did you even go to Boston? "

He sighed once more, " Yes, i did go to Boston. I went so i could get your birthday present. My old friend Jen, mentioned visiting her a couple of

months ago, i figured it was the perfect opportunity to go see her and get your ti- present. " He explain.

My heart was melting, i knew he wouldn't cheat on me. But what if he isn't telling me the truth?

" Chase, i'm so sorry. " I began. " I had no clue, i just figured when i see your dad- "

" Jess, it's okay. You have every right to think what you did, my lie was stupid. "

I laughed, " Yeah it was! You could have just told me you were going to visit an old friend. "

" Yeah i know, i'm sorry. " He answered, truly sounding sorry.

" It's okay. " I said, bringing him close to me and kissing him deeply. Feeling my lips in sync with his. " I'm glad you're back. "

" I missed you. " He answered.

I kissed him again. Pushing myself closer to him.

" I love you. " He said.

" And I love you. " I answered.

He kissed me once more, and i felt so bad for getting mad and accusing him of cheating before i even asked him. My stomach burned with guilt.

We waited on the couch until 11:59, it felt like New Years. 12:00 struck and he pulled me in closely and kissed me roughly. The old feeling felt new again, i concentrated on pressing my lips to his.

'' Happy birthday Jess, '' He smiled.

'' Thanks. '' I smiled.

I was 20 years old, it sounded old.

'' I'm not a teenager anymore! '' I laughed.

'' So, i guess you'll have to start making things count. ''

'' I guess i will. '' I agreed.

The next morning i woke up and i was still on the couch where i fell asleep. My jeans were irritating me and i was sweating in my hoodie. Chase was already up, i could smell the coffee and i could hear him talking to Isabella.

I walked over to the kitchen and he was sat at the table feeding her.

" There's the birthday girl! '' He said, picking Isabella up into his arms and bringing her over to me.

" Morning! '' I smiled.

He kissed my forehead, '' How'd you sleep? "

I took Isabella in my arms and smiled at her. '' Alright! '' I smiled.

I sat down at the table across from Chase, he had already made breakfast for me and there was a cup of coffee, still steaming.

'' Okay, so where's my big surprise? '' I teased.

" Calm down there birthday girl, good things come to those who wait! '' He teased back.

I stuck my tongue out at him. And Isabella copied me after, it was funny so we both laughed it off.

'' Seriously, i'm really anxious to see it."

'' Ah, i guess you'll have to wait! '' He teased.

I rolled my eyes and continued to eat my breakfast.

'' Pattie wants us to come over for dinner today, do you want to? '' I asked.

'' Sure, it's not up to me! It's your birthday! ''

I smiled, '' I better go get ready then! I won't be long. "

~

" Happy Birthday, hun. " Pattie said embracing me into a tight squeeze.

" Thanks Pattie! " I smiled kissing on the cheek.

" Happy birthday Jess! " Dad said kissing me on the forehead.

I walked in and placed Isabella down in her high chair.

" Jessica, downstairs in the back room can you go downstairs and pass up the red table cloth? " Pattie asked.

" I'll help her! " Justin offered, coming from out of nowhere.

I followed him downstairs and to the back room. I wasn't sure if i should speak first or not.

I moved some of the cardboard boxes out of the way and got the table cloth.

" Jess? " He said from behind me.

" Yeah, " I turned around.

" Happy birthday. " He said, sounding disappointed.

" Thank you, " I smiled.

" I'm guessing things are okay between the two of you know? " He asked awkwardly.

" Um, yeah i think so. "

" That's good, i'm happy for you. " He said.

" Justin where do we stand? "

" What? "

" Everything is so awkward between us now, i don't know where I stand with you. " I admitted.

" Look, you're with Chase now, we're back to where we started. "

" But, " I tried to argue.

" Jess, if you love him be with him, just help me move this box. "

I felt extremely bad for how i brought it up but i still have feelings for him. I feel terrible.

We lifted the box back up on top of the pile, a small rectangular shaped red box fell from his pocket.

" What's that? " I asked, watching his cheeks flush.

He dropped to the floor and picked it up and shoved it back into his pocket.

" Nothing. " He barked.

" It's something. " I said, not caring how nosey i was being.

" Never mind, let's just go upstairs. "

" Justin, come on just tell me what it is, please. "

He sighed.

" You're gonna hate me. " He admitted.

" I wouldn't! " I argued.

" Okay, it was a while ago now, you hadn't move out yet. You were sat at the table with my mom, i was upstairs and i heard you. "

" Heard me what? " I asked, so confused about what was going on.

" I heard you say that you wanted a custom bracelet, one that had a sun charm to represent how much you loved summer, a book charm to represent how much you loved reading and an undecided charm to represent all the un answered questions and undecided things in your life. "

" Oh my god. " Was all i could say.

Tears filled my eyes, " Justin, I, oh my god. I can't believe you were listening, i can't believe you remembered. I'm speechless, i don't know what to say. "

He smiled, his cheeks were bright red.

" Thank you so much. " I said breathlessly.

He opened the box, and there it was the silver bracelet with all 3 charms. A sunshine charm, a stack of books charm and a question mark charm.

" Justin, i love it. " I smiled, admiring the charms and how they twinkled when they hit off eachother.

He leaned in and kissed me so gently, i barely even had time to think. I missed this, the way he kissed me. Fireworks set off in my brain, this may be what i needed all along.

" Happy birthday Jess, i hope i gave you what Chase couldn't. "

He stood up and walked upstairs with the table cloth in his hand, and i sat there on the floor, in complete shock. Did that just happen? I asked myself before i walked back upstairs.

Once i did, i immediately heard everyone singing at the top of their lungs. " Happy birthday ".

I couldn't help but smile.

~

We finished the night off eating pizza and listened to Dad & Pattie exchanged embarrassing stories about Justin & I.

" Thank you for everything guys. "

" Jess, hold on. We never got the chance to give you our present! " Pattie announced.

She came down the stairs with a beautiful black dress in her hand. " I heard you have a knack for dresses now, i seen this and it just reminded me of you! " She beamed.

" Pattie! This is beautiful! " I said hugging her tightly. " I love it, thank you! "

I got my coat on and took Isabella into my arms. " Thank you for supper and the dress and everything. " I said hugging both Pattie & Dad.

" See you soon! " She smiled.

" See you soon! " I answered. I smiled at Justin secretly. He knew i couldn't go hug him in front of everyone but he also got the message.

The charms on the bracelet twinkled.
He remembered.

Hope you guys liked this chapter:) it's probably one of my personal favourites!!! Please please please vote & i really want to know what you guys think of this chapter:)

Do you guys like Roller Coaster??? I do:)

xox