Chapter 85

I watched the plane Justin had just boarded fly up into the sun lit sky. I walked back out to my car and then drove over to the store to pick up some groceries.

The store was nearly empty, it was easy enough to find and get everything i needed within 15 minutes.

At the checkout i was laying the groceries at the checkout table.

"Jessica, right?"

I looked up, and came face to face with a familiar looking boy. He had curly brown hair and his eyes were a piercing colour of emerald green.

"Yeah, i'm sorry have we met before?" I smiled, trying to not sound like a snob.

"Um, i'm a buddy of Chase's. We've met at a party." He said, awkwardly bagging my groceries.

"Oh, yeah! Jack right?"

"Yep!" He said, taking the cash from my hands.

"How've you been? I heard about your, uh... Your daughter." He got quiet all of a sudden.

It made me go quiet too, i concentrated on my unevenly rolled up jeans. "I'm good, but it's been a little hard. Thank you for asking though." I smiled, taking my change back.

"Look, i know we don't know each other that great but me and my girlfriend are going out for supper tonight, you should come with us!" He smiled.

"I wouldn't want to intrude on your plans." I argued.

"Please, she'd love to meet you!"

I sighed and decided what the hell. It's not like i have anything going on anyways. "Okay, fine! I will."

"Meet us at Cici's for 7! "

"Sounds good!" I smiled, waving to him while i walked out.

On the way home, i started thinking about how i really was the 'girl whose daughter died'. It would probably be this way for a while.

When i got home i looked over at Holly's house. It was lifeless. The lights were off and the house looked dirty and poorly maintained.

Holly means nothing to me anymore. She nearly got me killed. She played me and lead me on to be a friend, when really she was playing against me the whole time.

I got my groceries put away, and then decided to take a small nap. I stripped off to my under shirt and climbed into the bed, and within minutes after setting the alarm for an hour or so from now, i was out like a light.

Justin's POV

The plane landed safely and it woke me up once it hit the ground. Our first stop of the tour was in Florida. It seemed like only the other day i'd been here. The sun was shining brightly and the first thing that caught my eye when we landed was the palm trees. It reminded me of Jess seeing a Palm Tree up close for the first time and she was fascinated. I smiled at the thought of it.

"Yo, bro! You up?" Scooter said, hitting my shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm up." I said, sitting up in my chair and grabbing my phone off the small table in front of me.

"Okay, good. We're going to the studio right away. We got some touch ups to do on the songs."

I nodded and shoved the earphone buds into my ears. When we stepped off the plane i could already hear everyone screaming. I put my hood up and followed the body guards out to the van that was waiting for us.

"I gotta call Jess."

I looked on my phone and seen one missed message from her.

"Hey, i'm going for a small nap. Text me when you land, i'll get it when i wake up! Love you xox"

I smiled and typed back, "Just landed, going to the studio. Text later, love you more."

We arrived at the studio and half the crew had already arrived. "Hey bro!" They all greeted me as i took my seat in the corner of the room.

We listened to song after song, tweaking and laying some finishing touches on the studio edit. They all sounded great and by the end of the day, i was more than pleased but extremely exhausted.

We were staying at a Hotel on the beach. Lucky enough, i got my own room and a private balcony.

I looked at the time on my phone and it was already 7.

I dialled Jess's number and waited for her to pick up.

"Hey!" I said happy to hear her voice over the phone.

"Hey babe! How was the flight?"

"Real good, i slept most of it."

She giggled under the roar of her car's engine in the background.

"Where you driving?" I asked, looking out at the ocean.

"I'm on my way to get something for supper!" She chirped.

"Okay, well i don't want you to be on the phone while you're driving so call me later okay?"

"I will."

"Love you." I smiled, saying it proudly.

"I love you too!" She answered, then hung up.

I could tell just from this phone call that the next 4 months wouldn't be easy. I already missed her, hearing her voice over the phone made me sad knowing i wouldn't be able to hear it in person for another 4 months.

Jess's POV

I decided not to tell Justin about going out to supper with Jack and his girlfriend. He'd be jealous and get all worried, and there isn't anything to be worried about so i should probably keep it to myself, to avoid causing any unnecessary drama.

I arrived at the restaurant and parked my car in a parking spot down back. I walked up and met Jack and his girlfriend at the front of the restaurant.

She was absolutely beautiful. She was tall and has beautiful blue eyes. Her hair was tied back into a low ponytail, causing her light brown hair to fall perfectly down her back.
The dress she was wearing was extremely similar to mine, which made the situation 10 times more awkward than it would already be.

"Hey!" Jack smiled, once i got close enough to the both of them.

She smiled a warm smile and introduced herself as Emily.

"Hi, i'm Jess." I answered, shaking her hand.

We walked inside the restaurant and were seated at a table in the very middle of the restaurant, giving us no privacy whatsoever.

After the first 15 minutes, i learned that Emily really was nice. You could tell she was genuinely good at heart, and that her personality was fun. I like her already. She has told me all about her journey to Australia and how she was a trained diver. She told me so many different stories about her diving adventures, it really fascinated me.

"So, what do you do she asked?" She had a huge, intriguing smile on her face, revealing all of her perfect white teeth.

"Um, as of right now, nothing. I used to do some office work but that didn't last too long."

"Oh my god! You would be more than welcome to come work with me! My dad owns an aquarium, i work there full time. I could teach you everything you need to know and you could work there too!" She smiled, seeming so excited about her idea.

"That would perfect!" I smiled, agreeing to her offer.

"I'm so glad, usually it's just me in the aquarium part. It gets a little lonely sometimes."

"Well then, i'll be more than glad to take you up on your offer!" I smiled.

Jack was a little excluded the whole night, but he managed to keep up with our conversation and still comment and add his opinion every now and again. Once we all finished our dinner, he paid for the 3 of us and we all said our goodbyes. I was meeting Emily at the Aquarium tomorrow at noon for my first lesson. The first thing i did when i got back to the house was call Justin and let him in on the news.

I dialed his number and waited 4 rings before he picked up.

"Hey!" I said happily into the phone.

"Hey Jess!" He answered.

"Did i wake you?" I asked, curling up on the couch with a book in my hand.

"No, i just got out of the shower." He answered.

"Guess what happened to me tonight!"

"What?" He sounded excited.

Just before i could answer him, i remembered i was supposed to keep going out to supper with Jack and Emily a secret.

"Uh, well i ran into an old friend Jack and his girlfriend Emily at Cici's. We had dinner together and then Emily and I were talking about jobs and whatever. Then, she offered me a job at her Dad's Aquarium! It's part time but the pay is amazing and it'll definitely keep me occupied for the next couple of months!" I explained to him happily.

"Babe, that's great! I'm happy for you!" He said, sounding a little sad.

"Thanks, but what's wrong?" I asked.

He sighed and i knew exactly what he was going to say. "Well, i wish you could have told me that you were going out to supper with this Jack guy, and i just wish i was there with you to celebrate the good news."

"Justin, i didn't take this ring for no reason. Besides, it was supper with Jack AND his girlfriend Emily, remember?" I joked.

"I know, i know." He answered.

"I promised, i won't break my promise. I love you too much." I smiled, looking down at the beautiful ring.

"I love you too!"

"It's getting real late Justin, i'm gonna go to sleep now, but call me tomorrow anytime after 5! I'll be at the aquarium until then!"

"Okay, have fun."

"Goodnight, i love you."

"Goodnight!" he answered, making a kissy noise and then hanging up the phone.

He was adorable in the smallest ways, but i just missed him not being here. I felt horrible about the Jack thing. I don't really have a reason to feel horrible but he got upset over it, even when he knew his girlfriend was there. The very last thing i want is for Justin to loose his trust in me.

I looked down at the ring on my finger and admired it, reminding myself that it's Justin and I, always, no matter what.

Hope you guys like it! I'm sorry for taking so long to update, it's been a pretty busy night. I am gonna try to update daily but bare with me it's a really busy week for me!

Don't forget to comment and vote!!!!