Chapter 76

The next few weeks were long and extremely awkward, It was a constant battle between Ryan and Justin. It's frustrating and I feel horrible.

Justin's birthday is coming up and i don't want Ryan to feel crap when i focus all my attention on Justin.

I'm stuck in the middle of both of them, i feel like i'm tied in the middle of a tug of war rope.

They both say good morning and kiss my forehead randomly. I've drank more coffee in the past 2 weeks than i have last year.

" Jessica? " Ryan said from behind my computer.

" Hey! " I smiled slightly.

" This came for you today. I found it outside our door. " He handed me a brown envelope and smiled.

" Uh, thanks! "

" No problem! " He said, leaving the room.

" Ryan! Wait! " I sang out.

He came back in the room, and gave me a heads up.

" You didn't read it did you? "

" No, " he shook his head.

" Okay, thanks! "

I opened the envelope and took a deep breath. There was a small sheet of red paper in there and i read it to myself.

Jess,

You're boyfriend's birthday is coming up, i need you to give him a little something from me. On the night of his 20th birthday, meet me at the Theatre, i'll be waiting in the basement. Be there for 9:00. If you don't come, i'll be forced to give him my gift myself. That won't turn out good.

I swallowed my breath and shoved the envelope in my suitcase under my bed.

Who the hell is this?

" Jessica? " Justin asked.

" Yeah? "

" What's wrong? You look worried. " He asked, sitting down on the bed next to me.

" Nothing's wrong! " I faked a smile.

He kissed my cheek. " Okay! "

There was a little bit of an awkward silence between us.

" Listen, i know the past few weeks must have been hard on you. I wanna do something to show you i'm sorry. "

" That'll be fun! "

" Great, maybe we can go to a movie tonight! "

" Sounds good! " I smiled.

I walked out to the kitchen and cooked myself some lunch. A couple minutes later Ryan grabbed a bowl for himself and joined me at the table.

" Hey, " he smiled.

" Hey! " I answered, returning a warm smile.

" I was thinking me and you can catch a movie tonight? "

I'm not sure if he's doing this on purpose or if he's truly being nice to me.

" Honestly, i'd love to. But Justin asked me literally 10 minutes ago. I'm sorry. "

" Oh, it's fine. " Of course he sounded disappointed.

" Wait, you should come with us! " I smiled, grabbing his arm with a small ounce of excitement.

" No, no. I can't intrude on your date. "

" You're not intruding! I invited you! "

" I still can't do that. "

" Please, it'll be fun. " I smiled.

" I'll come if Justin says so. " He nodded.

" I'll ask him right now. It shouldn't be a problem. " I said this knowing i was lying but I wanted Ryan to come, regardless if Justin said so or not.

I put my bowl in the sink and walked into my bedroom. Justin was laid across the bed, snoring lightly. I crawled up next to him and kissed his nose.

" Justin? " I asked quietly.

His eyes fluttered open and he smiled.

" I need to ask you a favour? "

" Anything. "

" Ryan asked me out tonight. And seeing you both happened to ask me out on the same night, i was thinking we could just go to the movie together."

" No fucking way. "

" Justin, why! "

" Because, i asked you out tonight and i'm not taking Ryan with us! "

" You're acting like a kid, come on. You're supposed to be friends. "

" Being friends with him is kind of hard considering we're about to go into a war to fight for you. "

" Well. If you really care, you'll agree to letting Ryan join us tonight. "

" I care about you a lot Jessica, and you know that! I just don't want to cart Ryan around on our date! "

" Well, if Ryan doesn't go. I'm not going either. "

" Now you're the one acting like a kid! This is our date, ask Ryan to take you out another night! "

" You know what, i'm going to the movies with Ryan. "

" No you're not! "

" Don't tell me what to do Justin. " I said, getting off the bed, boiling with anger.

" Come on Jess, please. Don't do this. "

" I'm not doing anything, besides going to the movies with Ryan. Enjoy your night Justin. " I smiled saucily.

He glared at me and his face turned red. I was angry enough with him the only thing i wanted to do was go tell Ryan that i will go to the movies with him.

I'm so caught between the both of them, i'm not sure if i'm going to the movies with him because i want to or if i just want to infuriate Justin. Either way, Justin isn't coming tonight and as of right now i'm happy with my decision.

I walked over to Ryan's room and sat down next to him.

" Early evening movie or should we catch the late night one? " I smiled.

" Jessica, i heard everything. You shouldn't be doing this for me. "

" I'm not doing anything for you! " I smiled. " We're gonna have fun tonight!
Besides, it's Justin's fault for acting like a kid. "

He laughed, " Alright, as long as he doesn't think this is me trying to steal you from him. "

" Ryan, i don't belong to him. I'm not anyones! "

" See you at 10? " He smiled.

" I'll be ready! "

He kissed my cheek and walked out into the small living area.

" Wait, can i use your shower? I don't exactly want to go in there with him. "

" No problem, i'll wait out here until you're done. "

" Thank you. "

Short i know, but i'll be updating real soon:) Please vote and comment what you think!

Do you think Jess with be with Justin or Ryan?