Chapter 30

That night, i sat on the edge of my bed on nothing but complete pins and needles. I was debating on wether sneaking out completely or telling Pattie that I was going to a friend's house or something. Maybe she would believe me! But then again, maybe not.

Isabella was in her crib asleep and Pattie was downstairs reading her book. I never had supper, i actually never had an appetite all day. I'm more than nervous because i can't even imagine what my life would be like if i got caught sneaking off with him tonight.

I looked over at the clock under the small lamp on the bedside table, 9:01. 59 minutes to decided. My fingers began to shake and I could feel my palms sweating.

9:36 and I was really running out of time. I had just finished doing my make up for the first time in ages. I kept it simple looking so it didn't look like i was trying so hard. I wore a pair of jeans and a baggy tank top with a wool cardigan. My light was off and my plans were falling together.

Mackenzie, a family friend is covering for me. I managed to tell her to cover for me if Pattie asks and keep who i was going with a secret.

I ran downstairs, " Pattie? " I asked quietly.

She looked up from her book, " I'm going out with Mackenzie tonight? Is that ok? "

She never said anything for a good 40 seconds, " I guess so, what are you to doing? " She asked.

" Well I never had supper so maybe ordering Chinese food and watching movies? " I lied.

" Okay, be back by 11:3o. " She said sounding annoyed.

I nodded and turned around, walking back up the stairs.

" If I find out that you are going with Justin tonight, you will not want to know what the circumstances are. " She said, stopping me at the middle of the staircase.

I ignored her and continued walking. I shut the door behind me and admired myself in the mirror. I haven't worn makeup or dressed up since Bella was born. I was excited to look pretty for the first time in a long while.

9:54 I sat at the window and waited. The minutes seemed to go by slower just because i was waiting right in front of the clock.

9:59 and my heart raced, I seen him park his car a little ways down the street. The bright headlights were hard to miss.

10:00 and i flicked on my light, grabbed my cell phone, said goodbye to Pattie and left through the back door.

I ran through some bushes and down the road a little ways to where Justin was parked. I caught by breath, fixed my hair and then hopped in with a smile on my face.
I let myself into his truck and took my seat in the passenger seat.

He let out a deep breath, sounding like he was impressed... " Hey Jess.. " He said moving some old papers our of the way.

" Hey! " I smiled.

" I'm glad you came! " He said starting the truck and driving down the road.

I never knew what to say so I just let out a small giggle and smiled at him.

" Seriously Jess, how are you? " He asked.

I sighed and rested my head on the back of the seat, " I'm doing okay i guess, i mean it's hard with Isabella and all. She's a handful and I don't have much help. I've been doing fine other than that i guess. "

He kept quiet, and stared out at the open road in front of him.

" I'm sorry Jess, I really am. " He pleaded.

" I'm getting over it, I just don't ever want to talk about it again, ok? "

He nodded awkwardly. " Deal. "

We stopped at a small corner store to buy some snacks. And when we left, things got different.

All of a sudden I felt more comfortable. I'm not saying comfortable in that kind of way, but it's not that awkward anymore.

" How's Isabella? " He asked, sounding sad.

" She's growing like a weed and being a handful lately! But she's precious and she's been really good! " I answered.

" I missed the both of you like crazy you know? "

I felt horrible all of a sudden. Justin hasn't seen his own daughter in almost a month. He must be heartbroken.

" We both miss you too. " Accidentally slipped out. Oops.

" You miss me? " He said with a grin on his face.

There was a long silence, " Well of course i do. " I answered.

He smiled, " I miss you both so much it's crazy. "

" I'll bring her with me next time, I know she'll love it! "

He smiled and continued to drive down the road. One hand on my knee and one hand on the wheel.

11:19 the clock read. I suddenly felt sad because I had to leave him but I promised him we would do it again.

" See you soon Jess. "

" Bye Justin! " I waved as I hopped out.

He ran over to my door and shut it for me, i smiled and looked over at him.
He leaned in and immediately his lips touched mine. Gently sticking to my lips. I smiled at him and opened my eyes.

" Goodnight. " I said, walking back up the way i first came out of.

And for the first time in so long, I felt something. An attachment? I missed him, and I was in desperate to hold him again. I miss him now, more than anything i've ever cared or missed about in my life.

Sorry about all the short updates lately! Only got back from my nan's yesterday, and catching up with alot of my school workkk,

Share, vote & comment ur thoughts:)