Chapter 61

Walking in to my house was a relief after such a long flight. The plans for today was to quickly unpack my things then go get Isabella from Ms. McCormack's house. I miss her like crazy, i can't wait to see her.

Going through my drawers and unpacking my things was weird. Seeing some of Chase's things around. I don't want to throw his things out on the floor and be completely rude. But i can't just keep them there.
It's probably best to put them in a laundry bag in the back of my closet until he comes to get them.

1 hour later, i was finally finished unpacking my things, i hopped in my car and drove over to the McCormacks' house. I knew this would be awkward, answering all the questions about why i came back so early and the better question, why am i back without Chase? Will they hate me for leaving him in New York all alone? Will i get fired from my job because of this?

I knocked on the door twice before someone answered. It was their house maid, and she invited me in with a smile.

" Where are Mr & Ms McCormack? " I asked, looking around at the grand entrance of the home.

" In the living area, just walk on in! "

I walked down a short hallway, and through a tall dorway. " Jessica? " They all asked when i walked in.

" Hello. " I said awkwardly.

" Please come in and sit down! " She asked, holding Isabella in her arms.

I couldn't help but smile when i seen her, and notice she got a tiny bit bigger.

" I missed her so much. " I said, finally taking her into my arms and squeezing her tightly and kissed her on her cheek.

" She missed you too, i'm sure of it. " Ms. McCormack said, standing up beside me. " Where's Chase? "

" In New York, " I awkwardly explained.

" What? Why? How come you're back so early? "

" Because, things just were going well. I wasn't happy. So, i came home. "

" What did he do this time? "

" Nothing, it was all me. It was my fault. "

" Oh, well i hope you guys work things out. "

" Thank you! And thank you so much for taking Isabella, i really appreciate you doing that. "

" No problem at all! " She said with a warm smile.

" Well, i'll see you guys soon hopefully." I said, not realizing the mixed signals i may have sent there.

~

The wind turned cold and i was trying to carry Isabella and her bags into the house at the same time.
There was a letter taped to my door, it had my name written there in bold letters, specifically stating "for Jessica Rogers' eyes only."

I carefully opened the letter and bit at the inside of my lip, curious about what this could be. I slipped out a small blue piece of paper with perfectly printed handwriting on it.

Stay away from him Jess.

--

Was all it read. I scrunched my eyebrows together, scared at this letter. Not many people know about us anyways, who could it be?

I gathered Isabella's things and my purse from the small table in the porch and got in the car, ready for a drive over to Pattie & Dad's house. Leaving the letter on the kitchen counter, my head in a cloud.

I turned up the music a little louder than usual. I dialled Pattie's number into my cell phone. " Hello, Pattie? "

" No, i think you have the wrong number. "

" Okay, thank you. " I hung up.

After realizing i dialled a 2 instead of a 3, i dialled again. My phone dropped down by my feet, i reached down as far as i could reach and i couldn't get it.

I took my hand off the steering wheel for 2 seconds, accidentally hit the gas pedal while bending down for my phone. I could feel the car spinning out of control, Isabella's cry from the backseat and the sound of the impact from another car hitting head on.

My brain froze, i could feel blood coming out of my nose. Everything went black when i felt the glass from the windshield raining on me.

LET ME KNOW WHAT U THINK! VOTE AND COMMENT XOXO