Chapter 58

Butterflies were flying around in my stomach like crazy. It never really sunk it until just now. How can i go upstairs and face being with Chase after this? I think i'll accidentally fall asleep on the couch..

I walked into the condo and the place was dark, maybe he was still with Jen? I rolled my eyes and dropped my purse at the door. My feet were killing me from these shoes and all i wanted to do was take a bath.

" Jen, " A whisper came from behind the door.

What...

Should i barge in or should i let him do to me, the exact thing i did to him?

" Yeah? " A female, who i'm assuming is Jen answered.

" She's gonna be home soon, you should go. " He said.

You have got to be kidding me.

" I'll see you tomorrow? " She asked.

" Sure. " He answered.

I really want to walk in and see what they're doing. Maybe i should pretend like i haven't heard anything and go into the small kitchen pretending to be minding my own business.

Nope, i'm gonna walk in there and make him feel bad for what he did. At least i didn't bring Justin back here.
I opened the door knob and flicked on the lights, just as Jen was pulled the shirt down over her head.

" Thanks Chase. " I smiled saucily.

" Jesus, " He muttered under his breath.

" You told me that you would never cheat on me! What happened to that? "

He looked at me, with not an ounce of sorrow in his eyes.

" Don't say things you don't mean. " I yelled.

" Jess, come on. It was nothing. "

" Don't even try that on me, it was obviously something if she rushed to put her shirt on when she heard me come in. I'm not stupid Chase. "

" She's just an old friend, Jess. " He said, moving slightly closer to me.

" I don't care, do what you want with her because the moment we leave this state, i don't want anything to do with you anymore. "

" Jessica, don't be like this. "

" I think she should go. " I said rudely.

She looked embarrassed, her face was red and the black hair that was shaped around her face stuck to her jaw.

" I'm so sorry. " She said, hurrying out of the room.

I shut the door behind her, completely ignoring the fact that Chase was still in the room. I grabbed a towel from the small side closet and walked into the bathroom.

Once the tub was completely filled up, i laid in the hot water, giving my body a chance to loosen up. I was so tense from Chase having the nerve to say cheating was no big deal and that I should forget about it.

Justin on the other hand made my body feel like i was floating on a huge cloud. I smiled, the thought of him kissing me. The thought of him chasing me all the way here just to make our dream come true. I just wish the circumstances could have been better.

25 minutes later, I hopped out of the small tub and dressed before entering the other room. I dried my hair and laid down on the bed. Mr & Ms McCormack are going to be heartbroken over this news. Even i'll feel horrible after telling the because they have been nothing but the best to her.

" Jessica? " He knocked on the door.

I wanted to answer, because really i have no reason to be mad at him after i just did the exact same thing to him. I felt selfish, and guilt still burned in my stomach at the thought.

" Yeah? " I answered quickly, wrapping up into one of my favourite baggy sweaters.

" Can we please talk. " He asked.

I really want to talk to him but i know it's going to turn into a fight and make things worse.

Isn't that what i want? I asked myself.

" We have nothing to talk about Chase, you brought someone else here, which clearly shows you feel the same way about someone else, so why don't you go be with her? " I answered, folding clothes on the bed.

" I love you though. You know that. "

" No Chase, people don't cheat on people they love. "

Exactly Jess.

" It was a mistake, you know that. "

" I'm not sure i do. " I answered.

" Can i come in? " He asked.

" Sure. "

He came in and sat on the bed in front of me. I could feel his eyes burning on me, but i was too afraid to look up and make eye contact with him.

I grabbed one the pillows off my bed and the blanket off the top of it.

" Where are you going? " He asked, scrunching his eye brows together.

" I'm sleeping on the couch. " I answered.

" No, you don't have to. "

" I want to. " I said leaving the room.

~

2 days later:

Chase and I haven't really spoke to each other. Only the occasional, "where are you going" or "sorry".

This is not how i wanted my New York trip to go. I'm here for another week & a half and i'm not spending it stuck in the apartment bothered by Chase and his immature ways.

At first, i was okay with us not speaking to each other, but now i'm actually willing to talk to him and he just chooses to ignore me.

Today, i want to go somewhere with Justin. I decide to call him and see what he's been up to.

" Hey. "

" Hey! "

" You wanna do something with me today? " He asked.

" I was just about to ask you that! " I laughed.

" I was thinking me and you go exploring? "

" Yeah, that sounds fun! " I answered.

" I'll pick you up in an hour or so, be ready okay? "

" I will! "

" I'll pick you up at the coffee shop okay? "

" Okay. "

" See you then. "

I hung up the phone and dressed down into a pair of jeans and a warm black long sleeve shirt. I applied my make up carefully, making it the cherry on top of my boring outift.

Without letting Chase know where i'm running off to, i left the condo building and running down to the coffee shop down the street to meet Justin there.

The line was long, and Justin was only gonna be here in 10 minutes. I finally reached the beginning of the line and placed an order for 2 coffees. I still remember what he likes in his coffee.

The pretty red head behind the counter handed me the coffees 2 short minutes later, and she seemed to be the only person that i've met in this city that has been somewhat happy. She has a pretty smile, and it showed all her perfectly white teeth. I smiled back at her, appreciating her enthusiasm to be handing out coffee at such a small and cramped place.

Outside, i waited for Justin to get here. So many different people passed by me, everyone with a different purpose.

This one man passed me, wearing a suit and tie and a brief case in hand. He looked like an extremely professional business man. Someone who had places to be and no time to waste.

The next woman who walked by, looked like an average New Yorker. She walked along, minding her own business, drowning out the sound of the busy atmosphere around her with her headphones. Coffee in on hand and phone in the other.

" There you are! " I heard a voice say from behind me.

" Oh, hey! " I smiled, leaning in for a small hug.

" You got me coffee? " He asked.

" No, they're both mine, this one's for later. "

He laughed. " Oh! "

" Justin! I'm kidding! " I said, hitting his arm gently.

" I figured you were. " He laughed.

We hopped into his rental car and drove down through the busy streets of New York. I never really had time to take all the little details in this way.

" Now, let's go do some exploring around this big perfect city. " I smiled.

" If this town is an apple, let's take a big bite. " He smiled, putting his arm around my shouders.

I smiled. " Where to first? "

" Empire State Building. "

We walked further down the side walk, brushing past everyone else. I kept my eyes on the skyline. Admiring every beautiful aspect of the city's view from above.

We arrived in front of the massive building 15 minutes later.

" Oh my god, "

" It's pretty cool being here in front of it. Seeing it for real, you know? "

" It's only special because you're here with me. "

He turned to me and smiled.

" Chase is cheating on me you know.. "

" He's what? "

" Yeah, yeah that Jen girl. I walked in on them the other night when I came home. "

" That's terrible. "

" It's fine. Because i'm cheating on him too. "

His face looked shocked.

In leaned in and kissed him, " With you. "

He laughed and kissed me once more.

" Where to know? "

" Let's just walk, and see where we'll end up. "

I nodded. " Yeah, sounds great. "

~

After a full day of exploring and seeing everything New York has to offer, my feet were exhausted.

" I'm glad you had fun today. " He smiled, as we hopped into the back of a taxi.

" I'm glad i got to spend the day with you. "

The drive back to my condo building was short, and thankfully enough for me, it was. The cab driver played an awful selection of Classical music and Justin and I couldn't help but laugh the whole time.

" I'll see you tomorrow. " He said, kissing my cheek lightly.

" Okay, " I said.

" Bye! " He said, waving as the taxi drove away.

I walked up each step to the condo building, carefully watching my feet go one step before the other. When Justin leaves, i want to go with him. I can't stay with Chase, it's wrong for the both of us.

:) Please vote and comment your favourite part about this chapter or what you liked most about it!!!

Xo