Chapter 57

I looked in the mirror, admiring the way this purple dress looked on me. Justin once told me he liked the colour purple on me.
I clasped the bracelet over my wrist and smiled at how it dangles off my wrist like the same day i got it.

Chase isn't speaking to me, because i told him i didn't want to go out for dinner.

" Where do you think you're going? " He asked.

" I have a cousin here, i'm going out to dinner with her. " I lied, covering it up perfectly with a bright and innocent smile.

" Oh, so if i went out to dinner with Jen, you wouldn't care? " He said saucily.

" Nope. " I snapped back.

" Good, cause i think i'm going to. "

" Hope you have fun. " I said, walking out of the door, rolling my eyes.

I really don't care if he goes out to dinner with Jen, i could care less to be honest. I'm going out with someone else too.

Our condo wasn't too far away from central park so i decided to walk. I sent Justin a quick text letting him now i'm on my way.

5 minutes later i walked over a small bridge and down a short path. Before he came into sight, standing there looking more than perfect wearing black dress pants and a white dress shirt.

I couldn't help but smile as i walked over closer to him. He embraced me into a tight hug, " It's so great to see you. " He said, into my shoulder.

" It's great to see you too. " I smiled.

" You're wearing the bracelet i gave you. " He said, admiring it with the same look i do everyday.

" I haven't gone a day without wearing it. " I blushed.

" I'm glad you like it. "

We walked down the little path, arched with pretty trees and flowers along the edge. Little lanterns hung from over the trees, just like something out of a perfect romantic movie.

" Imagine me and you, somehow ended up in this big city together. The one we always talked about going to. " He said, reaching for my hand and interlocking his fingers between mine.

" I can't believe it either. " I admitted.

" So what do you say, we dance? " He said, stopping in his tracks.

" What? " I giggled playfully.

" Dance with me. "

" Right here? " I asked, surprised.

" Yep. " He answered proudly.

" There's no music! " I said.

" I can fix that! " He smiled.

He reached out and grabbed for my hand, and without any hesitation or worry that someone passing by will see us, i took his hand.

Oh-oh, just as sure as the stars in the sky. I need you to show me the light.
Not just for the meanwhile-for a long long time. Better believe it

Oh-oh, whenever you're not in my presence. It feels like I'm missing my blessings, yeah. So I sleep through the daylight, stay awake all night, 'Til you're back again, oh, yeah, yeah

You think I'm biased
To my significant other
You hit it right on the head
Only been missing my lover
Got a whole lotta texts in my phone and I don't reply
The next eight bars tell you why

You're all that matters to me, yeah, yeah,
Ain't worried about nobody else
If it ain't you, I ain't myself
You make me complete