Chapter 66

I could feel the sting of alcohol in my throat, burning like a fire was lit. I never hesitated to keep going. At this point i couldn't stop.

I looked around me, my hair was a mess, people were minding their own business. I took another sip and threw my head back in pain.

I sat at the bar alone. Even the bar tender was staring at me now.

" I'll have another. " I slurred.

The man looked at me like i was crazy. He almost looked scared. I just shot him a look, i think he got the point he should just hurry up and get me another.

What the hell was Ryan thinking? Coming to the service, trying to apologize to me. As if i don't already have enough going on already.

" Here you go, " He said sliding me over another glass of pure liquor.

I swallowed that fast enough to shut my eyes at the sting in my throat. It burned.

" If this isn't a coincidence, i don't know what is. "

I turned around to see Ryan sitting at the bar stool over from me. Is this a dream! He can't seriously, be stupid enough to follow me here after what happened early. This has to be a joke.

" You have got to be kidding me. " I said, looking at him like he's crazy because he actually is.

" Come on Jess, just let me talk. " He said, sliding over to the barstool right next to me.

" No, i don't want to hear what you have to say. " I said angrily.

" I know you don't, but please just give me chance. We can put all this behind ua and start over with a clean slate. "

How dare he come here and put me in a position like this. Does he think i can just forgive her for pretty much taking me and Bella out of my own home and forcing me to pretend to he his girlfriend?

" I don't think it's a good idea. " I said.
I wanted to stand up but part of me really did want to hear what he has to say.

" Please Jess, you haven't walked away from me that. That counts for something! " He said, almost smiling.

I took a deep breath. " Fine. "

" Jessica, you know i'm sorry. I refuse to believe that you don't. What happened in the past is the past. Everyone deserves a second chance, even you. What we had going was perfect, we just never moved on from the ruts in the road. What i'm saying now is i'd like a second chance to prove to you how much i really do like you. Because i never got the chance to prove that to you back then. You mean so much to me Jess, you always have. "

He stops, looking at me deeply in the eyes. For a moment i want to just wrap my arms around him, just to get a taste of being okay, but i can't. I can't forgive him that easily.

" You really mean it? " I slur.

" Yes, i promise. " He said.

" I'm not saying i feel the same way though. " I said, " All i'm saying is that i do forgive you. But you have a lot of proving to do. "

" I know that, anything to have you Jess, i'll do it. "

At this point i can't even think straight. I just want to go home and sleep on it. Think about what i really want now, because this kind of is my chance to start over.

" How about i'll just talk to you tomorrow. " I said, trying to get up.

" You're not driving home? " He said, stopping me by grabbing my arm.

" I'll walk. "

" Jess, we have to be at least 7 blocks away, let me drive you. "

That isn't exactly where we should be starting off to. But if it means me not being arrested, sure.

" Okay. " I said, as he helped me outside to his car.

" Just take me home. " I said, leaning my head against the window and closing my eyes.

~

The next morning, i woke up to sunlight streaming in through the window and Justin hovering over my bed.

" Good morning. " I said, stretching my arms out.

" Jessica, sit up. " He said, sounding pissed.

My head hurt.

" Justin, what's going on? "

" What's going on is that 2 am last night, the doorbell rang and when i opened it you were there, passed out in Ryan's arms. "

I sat up.

" Justin, i was drunk. You can't be getting mad at me for this. You can't be getting mad at me at this time. "

" Jessica, stop it. The whole 'my daughter died' excuse for everyone is getting old. Yes we're all devastated but it's to wake up. "

I literally swallowed my heart at the sound of his words.

" Justin. "

" Jess that's not what i meant, i did not mean it like that. "

" Get out of my room Justin. "

" Jessica, no. "

" Go. " I said sternly.

He looked at me, he looked confused.

" Please, you know i didn't mean that. "

" Justin, i get it! You think i'm just looking for someone to blame, when really i'm just looking to start over, for some comfort. "

" I know that Jessica, it just came out the wrong way. "

" Maybe i should just go over and see Ryan, maybe he'll be there to comfort me. "

" I can't even listen to you say that. Ryan? How can you be so shallow, Jess? "

" Shallow! I can't believe you. " I said rolling my eyes.

I got up off the bed and walked over to my closet. " If you don't mind i'm about to change. "

He walked out of the room and slammed the door behind him. I cannot believe him.

Actually i can't believe i told him i'd go with Ryan. I think coffee is a much better idea.

I didn't even bother to brush my hair, i was so annoyed and frustrated with Justin, the only thing my mind was set on was having a nice cup of coffee.

The coffee shop wasn't far away from the house, only a block or two away. It was never busy on Monday mornings, everyone was already there and gone to work by 7.

" Large coffee, black. " I said, nodding my head to the cashier.

She handed me a large cup of coffee and then i sat down next to the window. I looked at everyone around me. I think this is the first place i've been to these past few days where people never stared me down.

Maybe i should call Ryan. It probably is a bad idea, but it's not like i have anything to loose. Justin would be so mad at me though.

I don't know.

I took out my phone and scrolled through my contacts. My thumb stopped on Ryan's name.

I took a deep breath and clicked on his name. " Ryan? " It never took many rings before he answered.

" Jessica? Is that you! " He asked.

" Yeah, look i'm sorry for last night. "

" Why are you saying sorry? "

" To be honest with you, i don't know. Because i don't really remember it. "

He laughed.

" Well, you have nothing to be sorry for. "

" That's good to know. Look, i'm at Karlie's Koffee, do you wanna maybe meet me? "

" Yeah, " He said, " I'll be there in a couple minutes. "

" Alright, see you then. " I said, hanging up the phone.

Suddenly, i felt nervous. Was this a good idea?

Should be updating again tonight or if not tomorrow! Hope you all had a great Christmas Eve & I wish you all a Merry Christmas!!

Please don't forget to vote & comment your thoughts!!!

Hope Santa is good to you all😜