Chapter 79

The past couple of days have been painful. Justin and I are trying to get back on good terms, but after what i did i can't let it go. Ryan still hasn't shown his face and i haven't figured out why the hell Ryan would even date Holly in the first place.

We moved rooms too. We're staying in a small one room apartment for the reason being that Ryan has went behind our backs more than one time and if he does it again we'll be one step ahead of him.

" You awake? " Justin walked up behind me and sat at the foot of the bed.

He's been sleeping on the couch. I insisted we take turns because the couch is not comfy, at all.

" Yeah, i have been for a little while now. " I answered, rolling over on my side.

His hair was messy, untouched. It was always that way in the mornings and it looks perfect. His voice was raspy and his eyes drooped slightly with tiredness.

" I was thinking we'd take a drive around today. Collin, the guy at the desk that's been hiding us offered to take us around. "

" That sounds fun! Where are we going? "

" Around the city i guess, i can show you the house i grew up in and you can meet my dad, brother and sister! " He smiled, placing a gentle hand on my
leg.

" You never talk about your brother or sister, sometimes i forget you have them. "

" I think about them always, though. I love them. "

" I'm excited to finally meet them. "

" They'll love you. " He smiled warmly, helping me up off the bed.

" How's your eye coming along. "

He turned to the side, and showed me the fading bruise on the left side of his cheek. Ryan had got him in the corner of the eye during their fight.

" Feeling better. Not too bad! " He answered.

" Looks like it hurt. " I placed my fingers on it gently, " At least the swelling is gone down. "

Tomorrow is Justin's birthday. I've been planning my little sneak away but there is no way i'll be allowed out alone. He won't let me go and i know that. And i can't tell him where i'm going.

" Jessica, what's going on between us? Ryan is gone now. We have nothing to worry about anymore. "

" I know, i still feel horrible Justin. "

" But Jessica, i want to forget about it. Please let's just try and go back to the way things were. "

" Justin, i'm trying to. "

" I know, i am too. " He touched my arm gently, " I love you. "

I smiled and kissed his cheek. " Thank you. "

" Now! " I said breaking the awkwardness. " Let's get to some day planning! "

" How about we just spend the day watching movies? "

" Tomorrow is your 20th birthday, we're making arrangements for things to be done while keeping low profile and we're gonna make it the best secret party ever. "

He kissed my cheek. " You don't need to that. Spending the day here with you means just as much to me. "

" You're cute but we've all been through hell just for one day, we need to get our minds off things. "

" I agree, i guess. "

I laughed, " Please, just promise me tomorrow you'll have fun and do what you want. "

" I promise, that i'll try. " He laughed.

I nodded purposely putting on a small smile across my face. " At least you'll try. "

~

The next morning, the sun was pouring in through the windows of the small living room. My back ached from the way i had fallen asleep on the couch. Squished between Justin and the back cushions.
I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and lifted my head from his chest. His head was leaned back on a pillow and he was snoring slightly.

" Justin, " I shook his arm lightly.

" Wake up. " I smiled, giggling a little.

He stirred slightly, after a couple seconds his eyes fluttered open and i caught a glimpse of his beautiful eyes.

" Happy 20th birthday, Justin! " I smiled big, and kissed him quickly on his lips.

He yawned and stretched his arms out in front of him. " Thanks Jess. "

" I love you. " I said that because it felt appropriate.

" I love you too. "

Today isn't only Justin's birthday, it's the day i have to meet with that anonymous person. Now to think of it i' really nervous about that. I mean, i've been threatened by this person.

Justin got up off the couch and took off his shirt and threw it into the bedroom.

" What do you want for breakfast? " He asked over a yawn.

" No! I'm cooking, you can't cook yourself breakfast on your birthday! " I argued, walking up next to him. I pushed him over to the table and sat him down.

" Now, what's in mind for the first breakfast of your twenties? "

" I'm thinking pancakes with chocolate chips and bacon. " He smiled adorably.

Oddly today everything feels better. It's like the extremely steamy make out session we had before we both fell asleep last night fixed everything.

" I'm thinking that sounds good! " I smiled pressing my hands down on his shoulders.

" So, you seem to be in a good mood today. " He turned around and smirked at me while i turned the burner of the stove on.

" I am, and you should be too. "

" Would it have something to do with what happened last night? " He smirked again.

" Maybe, maybe not! " I teased, flipping a pancake.

" I think your blushing! " He teased back.

" I think you are too! " I argued.

20 minutes later of cooking and having small arguments over who had more fun last night, breakfast was ready and i happily sat down next to him.

" So? How did i do! "

" I think you did perfect, it tastes pretty good minus the slightly burnt bacon! "

" Hey! I thought i did a pretty good job, considering i'm not a professional! " I licked my tongue out at him.

He shook his head laughing and squirted whipped cream on my nose.

" Justin! " I giggled, standing up grabbing the bottle and squirting some on his nose too.

" Oh, it's gonna be like that? " He bit his tongue and smiled at me. I immediately took it as a warning sing.

He grabbed the maple syrup and smiled.

" No! Justin, not in my hair! Please! " And i wasn't even done my sentence and the maple syrup was running down the side of my face.

" Justin! "

I grabbed the bottle oozed some at him.

20 minutes later we had a really messy kitchen and really sticky hair.

" I'll call the room service. " Justin laughed. " You go on and get a shower, i think you need one. "

" Yeah, i think so too. " I kissed his cheek and got an awfully unpleasant taste of syrup.

I hopped in the shower and washed the stickiness from my hair and scrubbed my body removing any whipped cream or bacon pieces that flew at me.

The rest of the afternoon was spent baking and eating cake. Right after we finished cleaning up we both got ready for supper. We're going out to one of Justin's favourite restaurants.

While Justin was in the bathroom i looked at the letter. Theatre at 9:00.
While were at the restaurant i'll tell Justin i want to run out and get a birthday surprise for him. He'll drive home and i'll get a taxi to the theatre get this over with and end this once and for all.

" Jess? " Justin sang out. " You ready? "

I panicked when i heard him coming out of the bathroom i shoved the piece of paper under my pillow and stood up.

" Yep! Ready when you are! "

He grabbed my purse and put it around my shoulder. " Tonight'll be fun! Why do you seem so nervous? " He said kissing my head.

" I'm not nervous, just excited! " I said, using my best fake smile.

~

We arrived at the restaurant and we requested a booth in the far back. One of Justin's friends we're here too, on guard for anyone suspicious. It meant a lot to me knowing how Justin cared about me. It's sad to say that i'm only really realizing it now. But it's his birthday and he's still on the run, but yet he's making sure i'm okay. He's always putting me before himself and i can't really find the words that would do justice to thank him.

The waiter came and placed a basket of bread in front of us, took our drink orders and brought back a small appetizer.

" How's your birthday! " I smiled, reaching for his hand and squeezing it.

" It's been 10 times better than i expected! " He squeezed back.

" I'm glad! There's just one more thing!" I fake smiled. I mentally prepared myself and hoped he wouldn't see that i was lying. " There's one more tiny thing i have to pick up and i'll go pick it up at quarter to 9! Then i'll meet you home and we can do whatever you want! " I smiled.

He nodded, " What's tiny yet so important that the surprise needs to be picked up at quarter to 9? "

" I'm just estimating times J! When we're finished here, you'll drive back and then i'll take a taxi over to the store and meet you back home. "

" Alright, " he said, smiling but he seemed like he was on to me and suddenly i felt really nervous.

" It'll be worth it i promise. " I leaned over and kissed his lips gently.

I've been thinking about what this little surprise is. I still have to get him something either way.

Soon enough, the waiter came and laid our meals in front of us then brought back drink refills.

" So, does my pancakes even compare?" I joked.

He laughed, nearly choking on his water. " Yeah, definitely Jess. You put this place to shame. " The sarcasm in his voice was weighing heavily.

I laughed and joked under my breath. "Knew it! "

We kept snickering and joking throughout the whole supper. It made the night more fun for the both of us. Also, it took my mind off of the anonymous rendez vous i have with this mystery person in less than 20 minutes.

Justin insisted to pay for us, i tried to stop him but he paid in cash before i could even get the money out of my own wallet.

" Justin, you're not supposed to pay for yourself ok your birthday! "

" And what was i going to do? Make you pay for yourself? "

" Yeah! I took you out tonight! "

He grabbed my hand and pulled me close to him as we walked outside. He called a taxi for me and kissed me gently before i got in.

" I'll see you when we get home. "

" Okay! I shouldn't be too long! "

~

I arrived in front of the theatre. The lights were off. The front door was unlocked so i steppe inside. I followed the hallways that lead to the basement. Everything was pitch black. There was no light. I had goosebumps all over, the eerie feeling of dark basements really got to me.

" Hello? " I asked, hearing my voice echo through the long and empty halls of the theatre basement.

I looked at my phone and it was 8:55. I took a left and then another right and then i seen a small light and the end of the hall.

" Hello? " I sang out once more, this time louder. " Is there anyone down here? "

I kept walking until i reached a small table with a lamp laid on it.

" You're early. " A male voice said from behind me.

I jumped and looked behind me immediately. " Who are you? " I asked, trying to control my shaky voice.

With the light given, i could easily see that there were 2 people coming towards me. I backed up until i hit a wall. " You don't recognize me? " A girls voice said.

" I can't see you. " I questioned.

They came closer and closer to me and then the light shun on their faces.

What the hell?

" Miss me? "

" Ryan? Holly? " My eyes were popping out of my head and suddenly a sharp chill went up my spine.

They both smiled, letting out small giggles. " Surprised? "

" Um, yeah i am. " I shook.

" Did you really think all this time we were all good friends trying to keep each other from the police. Jesus Jessica, are you stupid? "

" What do you want? "

" Revenge. " Ryan said scarily.

" Please explain to me what the hell is going on? It's been you who's been sending me these letters, and threatening me? "

" Holly and I have been secretly dating for a while now. We've been sending you letters to make you miserable, you crushed me Jessica. You fucking crushed me. All this drama about who killed who it's true but guess what. I hate you! You ruined me. "

" So why did you kiss me at the movies?"

" It was all an act Jessica. I've been playing both of you. You're both weak. I hope you said good bye to Justin. " Ryan laughed.

" Do not fucking hurt him! " I yelled. "And you, you've used me this whole time. How dare you! " I screamed.

They both laughed.

I cringed. " Please, don't do anything. "

" Don't beg, it won't help. " Holly said.

" Tell me what you want! " I yelled.

" I want you to shut up. " Ryan yelled.

" I don't understand why i'm here. "

" You're here because i hated you all my life and now i finally want to see the two people that ruined my life miserable. Either way i'm going to prison. I don't have anything to loose anymore. "

They grabbed me by each arm and led me in through the room. Holly pushed me roughly to the cold concrete ground. The room only had one small window and it was nearly to the ceiling i couldn't reach it.

" What the hell are you doing? " I cried.

They both walked out of the room and i heard them walking down the hall. Their boots heavily hitting the floor with each step.

They took my cell phone and i've never wanted Justin more. I cried and placed my head between my knees.
5 minutes later, i smelt smoke and it immediately filled my lungs causing me to cough.

I looked at my watch and it was almost 9:30. Surely, Justin will come looking for me. But it won't be in the basement of a theatre, this will be the last place he'll look.

" Justin, " I cried to myself. I covered my mouth with the sleeve of my coat trying to prevent the smoke from going into my lungs.

I couldn't breathe and suddenly i felt myself slowly drifting off to sleep.

First of all i'd love to thank you guys SO SO SO MUCH FOR THE 1 MILLION READS!!! So exciting!!
I made the ending like this on purpose. It took me so long to write this chapter because i was thinking of how to end it. I hope you guys like it though:)

Please show your support and vote and give me all your thoughts in the comments!!

Love you guys xoxox