Chapter 24

Justin didn't come home last night, i checked his apartment and he wasn't there either. Isabella cried the whole night, she was burning up a fever and i got really worried.

She's doing fine today though. I'm beginning to worry about Justin. No matter what, he always calls. This time i've been completely in the dark, and it's not like him to do that at all.

2 hours later, of off and on again sleeping and worrying about Justin, i hear the door open.
I laid Isabella down and walked out the hall. He took his shoes off and plopped down on the couch like there was absolutely nothing wrong.

I didn't to try and take it easy on him, I wasn't in the mood to fight with him, i just wanted to talk.

" Hey, " i said sitting down in the chair across from him.

" Hey. "

" Where've you been? "

" Stayed at a friend's house, why? " He asked looking up from his phone.

" Well, you never called I was worried. "

He looked at me blankly, " Do i always have to let you know where i'm to? " He asked saucily.

" I never said that, I just thought it was weird how you never came home. "

He nodded and it was really pissing me off how rude he was being.

" What friend? "

" Why are you asking me all these questions Jessica? "

He never calls me Jessica. " I just want to know where you were to. "

" Luke's. " He answered angrily.

" Okay, that's all i wanted to know. "

He nodded, and none of said anything for a while but i was not done talking.

" Can i ask you a question? "

" Ok. " He answered, sounding annoyed.

" Is there something wrong? Or something that i'm missing? Because you've been keeping me in the dark for a while now and i'm only asking you all these questions because i care for you. "

" I know that, but nothing's wrong i just need my space. " He answered rudely.

" Need your space? What does that mean? " I answered back.

" It's pretty self explanitory, " He answered still with his face in his phone.

" Look Justin, if you're still mad about last night, i'm sorry. But we just need to move on and stop all this fighting, it's killing me. "

" I'm not still mad. It's killing me too. " He answered.

I smiled, not knowing wether it was something to smile over or not, but he looked up at me and gave me a small smile back.

" I'm driving over to see your mom any my dad today, you wanna tag along? " I asked standing up and running in the room to check on Isabella.

" Um, sure. Are you staying the night? "

" I haven't decided yet, maybe. " I answered.

He nodded, " I think i'll stay here. "

I could feel the anger growing inside of me, " Justin, i don't mean to he rude but i've been wanting to say this for so long, what the hell is going on? I mean would it kill you to go somewhere with me anymore? You barely ever talk to me anymore, it really and truly seems like you don't care. "

I took a deep breath and gently rested my hand on her head.

" We had this same conversation yesterday Jessica. " He answered, sounding more angry.

" I know we did, but my point is you are not the same Justin i had a couple of weeks ago. "

" What the hell is that supposed to mean? "

" I don't know, when she was born you couldn't lay her down, you showed that fatherly instict, but lately you act like you don't even hear her crying and you never look up from your phone. "

He shook his head and placed both of his hands above his head, " Jesus, I don't know how many times we're going to go trough this Jess. "

I felt so frustrated i didn't know what to do, the fury inside me was on high.

" Fine, " I said as i stood up and started walking into the nursery. " Stay here, i really don't give a shit. " I slammed the door behind me.

I sat down in the rocking chair and rested my head on the back. Tears were rolling down my face and i couldn't take it anymore. I wish he would just admit what's bothering him.

After taking a couple of minutes to calm down, i got Bella dressed up in the dress Pattie gave me for her.
I slipped on a pair of leggings and a baggy sweater. I left and i never even bothered to say goodbye to Justin, or to check if he was still there.

Once we got to Pattie & Dad's house i let myself in and walked immediately over to the kitchen. Dad was reading the paper and dad was cooking supper.

" Hey guys! " I smiled, hugging them both.

" How are you doing? " Pattie asked kissing my forehead.

" I'm doing good, " I lied.

She smiled that warm smile and took Isabella from my arms. " She's wearing the dress i gave her! "

I giggled, " I think it's her favorite one!"

Pattie giggled and kissed her forehead gently, " My little grand daughter is beautiful! "

I smiled warmly, but on the inside i felt guilty. The original plan was to tell her the truth, but know i don't know what to do anymore...

Don't forget to share, vote & comment:) I'll be updating again either tomorrow or tomorrow night! Thanks for all your support!