Chapter 63

1 week later:

Isabella is in critical condition. She's punctured a lung. The whole week she's been in ICU the whole week. It's not looking to well. She's not breathing by herself, machines are breathing for her.

She's not even 1 year old for god sakes. She's dieing. I'm the reason. Her own mother, and it's all my fault.

It's been a difficult week. Back and forth from the hospital to the house, and being on crutches made it a lot more difficult. I've been suffocating with worry and pressure and guilt.

" Justin? " I asked from my room, just finishing getting dressed.

" Yeah? " He came into my room immediately.

" Help me downstairs, i'm leaving for the hospital right away. "

" Sure, i'll come with you. "

I nodded and managed to sneak a small smile, " Thanks. "

He wrapped his arm around my back and helped me down the stairs and to the porch to get my boot on. I only could wear one where the cast on my left foot was huge.

" Jessica slow down. We'll get there. "

" We're running out of time Justin, there is no time to fool around. I can't slow down. " I said to him. He knows i've been over my head about the whole thing. He doesn't take it seriously when i get mad at him.

" Well here let me help you to the car. "

" Okay, let's just hurry. "

I wrapped my knit sweater around me tightly and hopped my way out to the car, relying on Justin to keep me from falling.

The drive was long, just like it seemed all week. Every day this week the 10 minute drive seemed like it was a 20 minute drive.

Finally we arrived at the hospital, the hospital gave us a parking pass so we had the privilege of parking closer to the building.

Justin helped me in just like he helped me everywhere. " Jess, take your time or you'll break your other leg. "

" Justin i'll be fine. Just hurry. "

We walked in the hospital and down to the ICU and changed into the reusable scrubs that we were required to wear.

Isabella wasn't even big enough to be laying in a full size bed. Her bed was tiny, almost as small as the one new born babies laid in.

Every time i seen her laying there helplessly sleeping in that doctor induced coma, tears came to my eyes. The sight, let alone the thought of her being in pain killed me. It was like being stabbed in the heart, many times.

" Um excuse me? " I said to the doctor behind me.

" Yes? " She answered.

" Can i hold her, please? " I smiled, making my way over to a chair.

" Yes, of course. "

I smiled and carefully held her into my arms. Tears rolled down my cheeks and Justin wiped them away before they hit her small body.
This was my first time holding her; i never could build up enough courage to hold her.

It's all my fault.

I'm the reason she's only half alive.

" I can't do this. " I said, handing her over to Justin and running out of the room as best as i can on crutches.

5 minutes later, i caught my breath and managed to contain my cries.

" Jessica? " Justin asked, removing the small mask from his face.

I turned around and i buried my face into his shoulder. I began to cry again and he stroked my hair, comforting me just like he used to.

" It's all my fault, people think i'm a monster. " I cried.

" Look, let's go down to the cafeteria and get some lunch. "

I lifted my head and never hesitated to hold his hand.

We took an elevator down to the cafeteria, we sat down at a small table in the corner. There was a newspaper left on the table, left open on page 3.

Accident Nearly Killing A 9 Month Old Girl And Mother:

20 year old Jessica Rogers was in a car with her 8 month old daughter in the backseat. Police confirmed that both passengers in the car were properly secured and alcohol was not a factor. Whereas texting while driving was.
" I remember dropping my phone down on my feet and taking my hands off the steering wheel and my eyes off the road for 2 seconds. I hit my head off the steering wheel so hard during the impact. " Jessica tells police.
The driver coming the other way was hit head on from Ms. Rogers' car spinning out of control and going onto his lane.
Rogers suffers from a concussion and a broken leg, 8 month old suffers from a punctured lung and is in critical condition.

I stopped reading, i couldn't read any more. It was too painful. Tears welled up in my eyes for the 20th time today.
Justin returned to the table and seen the Newspaper in my hand & took it from me.

" You don't need to read that. " He said.

" I feel like a criminal. " I said, burying my head in the palm of my hands.

Nobody understands. Nobody knows how i feel. Even people in this canteen were staring at me from across the room.

" Can we leave? " I asked Justin.

" Yeah, of course. "

We went up to the ICU again and changed back into scrubs. Isabella was still in her induced coma and all i could do was kiss her on the cheek and pray and hope to god she'd still be here tomorrow.

PLEASE READ

Okay, so i know this chapter is short but i just wanted to say that so many of you flip out whenever you read the updates. If you don't like my updates just don't read this fanfict . I do work hard on these updates and seeing people comment all these negative things, is frustrating. And most of all it's disappointing. Also, i wanted to thank all of the people who actually vote and do leave nice comments! Keep those ones coming because i literally check for comments every 2 seconds!

Anyways please vote!! & leave a comment below if you like this chapter:)) xoxox