Chapter 83

Justin took my hand as we walked out of the Hospital and called us a taxi. He smiled and we hopped in to the backseat of the car.

"We're gonna pick up our things at the Hotel, and then we're gonna fly home. "

"What are we gonna tell my Dad & Pattie?"

"I'm not sure yet, but they'll want the truth wether we want to tell them or not. We'll have to eventually."

"I know, but what are they gonna do."

"I'm not sure but whatever happens it'll be okay."

I nodded and squeezed his hand tighter in mine. "I hope so."

We arrived back at the Hotel and packed all our bags and tidied up the room a little bit. 1 hour later, we were on our way to the airport getting a one way flight back to Atlanta.

We walked through the airport proudly. So many people stopped and wanted to take pictures and say hi. It was the first time in a really long time this has happened. It's also the first time in a long time we could walk outside normally like this, without our hoods up or our faces down. It felt good to see Justin free and smiling with fans. It made me happy.

"That felt odd. I almost forgot you were famous." I laughed.

"To be honest, it sorta felt like it this past little while. Nobody has really came up to me and asked me for a picture."

"Back to reality?" I smiled.

"I guess so."

"Are you happy about that?"

"Yes, and that's only because i can do this!"

He stopped in the middle of the crowd and put his arm around my waist and planted a kiss on my lips, in front of everyone. I couldn't help but smile under the kiss. It felt so good knowing we could kiss again, be happy and more importantly in public.

"People are staring Justin!" I laughed.

"That's the whole point." He smiled back, leading me onto the plane.

~

"Dad?" I sung out opening the door to the house and laying my luggage into the porch.

It's been such a long time since i've been in this house. I missed the smell of Pattie's baking. The odor of Pattie's chocolate chip cookies filled my nose and then from around the corner of the wall i seen her peek out.

Her face lit up and she ran over to the both of us, "Oh my gosh!" She said, squeezing us both tightly. "You guys are home!"

Justin and i both smiled and hugged her back. She lead us over to the table and put some cookies and milk in front of us. It felt like old times when things between me and Justin were brother and sister like.

"Jessica, how have you been?" Pattie asked, clenching her cup of coffee.

"I've been good. Better than i've ever expected."

"I'm glad to hear, i've been thinking about you and Justin and little Bella everyday since." Her face turned down at the mention of her name. To be honest, my heart stopped a little too. I haven't been really thinking of her as bad as it sounds. Justin and I have been so busy trying to hide and stay away from everyone i haven't had the time to stop and think about the fact that she's really gone. Maybe it's what's good for me, not thinking about her being gone. It's depressing thinking about my little girl being gone forever. I have never really thought about this, about Isabella.

"Jessica?" Justin touched my hand, "You okay?"

I nodded and put on a slight smile. "Yeah, i'm fine! Just thinking."

"I'm sorry, i didn't mean to upset you!" Pattie said.

"No no, god no! I was just off in my own little space." I laughed hoping Pattie wouldn't feel bad.

"So, where were you guys all this time! We haven't seen you in ages."

I looked over at Justin and gave him the 'you can tell her' look.

"We just took a little vacation! That's all. We went back to Stratford."

"Oh how nice!" She smiled.

"Yes. I gave her a little tour around the city and showed her all the places where i'd go when i was little!"

"Justin, that's so sweet. You, Jess & I should pay another visit together soon! I'm sure your grandparents would love to see you!"

"That'd be so nice!" I smiled, trying to make Justin's lie seem believable.

We talked the rest of the night about what had happened between Pattie and Dad and what we had missed around here. After, Justin and I said our goodbyes we returned over to my place. I almost forgot what it looked like.

"We need to get this whole house thing sorted out."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You live with me or i live with you. It'd be much better that way." He said, dropping his bags down in the living room.

"There's plenty of time for that Justin, we just got home from the scariest couple of months ever. I think we should take it slow now that we have the chance to."

"Jess, we've tried this before, it never works. We started over countless times and we tried to take it slow even more times. It's either we just love each other and let things happen as they come or we grow apart.

"I don't mean that slow, but we are only 19 and 20 there's plenty of time to move in and get houses and jobs and everything like that."

"I guess you're right but taking it slow isn't my thing. Especially with somebody like you, you're too damn cute."

I walked over to him and stood on my tippy toes to kiss him. His tongue slid across my front teeth and he bit my bottom lip.

"I love you."

"I love you." I answered, smiling under another kiss.

~

The next morning, after getting showered and all ready, Justin offered to take me out for coffee. We walked down to the small cafe and then sat at a table outside. It was nice outside. Nice for March anyways.

"What are we gonna do today?" I asked him, sipping on my coffee.

"There isn't really much to do anymore. I'm glad we're free but now we have nothing to worry about, there's nothing going on anymore."

"Yeah, i know. It seems weird."

"But," He said, with a small smirk on his face.

"But, what?" I asked.

"Okay, i have something to tell you."

"Alright, then tell me!" I smiled.

"Last night after you fell asleep, i got a call from my manager. I wrote all this music, and there's gonna be a tour." He smiled, and the excitement in his eyes was irresistible.

"That's amazing!" I smiled.

"It's a small tour, nothing too big. It'll be for 8 months."

"I'm so happy for you!" I said grabbing both of his hands and squeezing them tightly.

"I thought you'd be upset."

"What? Why would i be upset?"

"I don't know it's just that we just got home and now i'll be leaving again in a week or so. I feel bad."

"Don't you should be so happy. Don't worry!"

"Come with me." He said.

"What?" I asked again.

"Last time i went on tour i left you home. This time, i want it to be different. Come with me, it'll be like traveling the world together."

I didn't know what to say. " 8 months is a pretty long time Justin. "

"But you'll be with me, we can fool around during rehearsals again! Remember the first time you came to my concert?"

I smiled at the memory of me and Justin fooling around on stage, dancing and singing along to all his songs.

I nodded, "That was pretty fun."

"See, we can do that again. Please, i'd love it if you came."

"Okay, fine. I'll make you a deal. I'll go for the last half of the tour. I want to stay here for a while, get back on my feet."

"Perfect, thank you!" He smiled, and leaned in over the table and kissed me. "But that means, i'll have to wait 4 months to see you."

"But won't it be worth the wait in 4 months?" I smiled.

"You are absolutely right." He got up of his chair, taking my hand and leading me down the sidewalk.

"Just promise me, you won't forget about me when all these beautiful fans come up to you begging for a picture or a kiss on the cheek."

"Are you kidding me? You'll be on my mind the whole time Jess. It's pretty hard to forget about somebody as beautiful as you."

I laughed. He was too adorable.

"I love you Justin."

He smiled and swung our arms back and forth.

"How about we go over to see Pattie?" I asked.

"Sounds good to me!"

We got over to Pattie & Dad's house and they were both sat in the living room watching the News.

"19 year old local boy, Ryan Butler confesses to killing 23 year old Marley. " Was written across the TV screen.

"We let that boy into our home, he was friends with you for years Justin. Look what's happening. People have no sense." Pattie said to Justin, her eyes were filled with tears. You could easily tell she was terrified.

I looked over to Justin and guilt was written all over his face.

"Come on, don't think about it now. It'll be okay."

He shook his head and put his arm around me. "It'll always haunt me." He whispered.

PLEASE READ

Sorry for taking so long to update but i hope you guys liked it! And i'm considering doing a second book, and i really want to. I'm just not sure what to do with it. I'm already running out of ideas as to what to do with the rest of this book. Feel free to comment suggestions! I'll look forward to reading them all:)

COMMENT AND VOTE