Chapter 51

My fingers shook as i dialled the number, that i haven't dialled in a long time.

" Justin? " I said in to the phone.

" Jessica? "

" Yeah... " I said unsure of what i was doing.

" How are you? " He asked.

" I'm good, how are you? "

" Same old i guess."

" How are things with you and Se.. " I trailed off.

" Uh, good, yeah great. What about you and him? " He asked awkwardly.

" Um, that's kind of why i called. "

He never answered...

" Can we maybe hangout? "

" Um, yeah. Sure. " He answered.

I smiled thankfully, " Do you want to meet up for a burger or something? "

" Sounds great. "

" I'll meet you at McDonald's in like 20 minutes. "

" McDonalds? " He asked.

" Hey, it's the closest 24 hour place around! "

He laughed, and i never realized how much i missed hearing it.

" Okay. " He answered.

I hung up the phone and got dressed into one of the laziest outfits. My old blue jeans, the ripped ones with the scuffed out ends. And my old grey long sleeve.

I cleaned the wet makeup off my eyes and cheeks and washed my face one more time.

What am i doing? I asked myself before walking out to my car.
Regardless of what was going through my mind, i slowly stuck the keys into the ignition and drove down to the local McDonalds.

~

Chase's POV

The view from the hotel was amazing. It made me think of Jess, her birthday is in 4 days & i keep teasing her about the big surprise. But i really don't have a big surprise for her. Well not yet at least.

" Jen? " I called out to her.

" Yeah? " She answered.

" Come here for a sec! "

She came around the corner and walked over to me.

" If you had the choice between New York or Maine, where would you go? "

She looked up at the plain ceiling, like the answers were written up there.

" Probably New York, why? "

I shook my head, " Just wondering. "

Jen was a cool girl, we've been friends for a long time. We dated in High School but there's nothing going on between us, i would never do that to Jess. Especially 4 days before her birthday.

" I'm gonna go to bed now, so i'll crash in the spare bedroom. " I announced walking out of the room.

" Night. " She smiled.

I have to admit, she was an amazing person. But it was all so awkward, i mean what am i even doing here? I have so many other friends, in so many other places. I could have gone anywhere to think about big surprises for Jess. I shook my head, I love Jess, i love her so much. I would never cheat on her, i'm here at Jen's as a guest crashing for 2 nights, nothing more.

I crawled into bed and smiled at the thought of Jess's face when i handed her over plane tickets to New York.

Jess's POV

" Hi.. " I smiled, walking over to him.

" Hey. "

" It's good to see you Justin. " I admitted.

" It's good to see you too. " He smiled.

We walked inside and ordered Happy Meals, and sat down at a table next to the window.

" So why'd you wanna talk? " He asked.

" I just wanted to catch up i guess. " I smiled.

" Oh, i'm glad. I wanna catch up too. "

" So... What's new with you? " I asked, anxious to hear about his life.

" Not a lot, i'm pretty sure Me and Selena are breaking up. " He nodded, looking down as he slurped on his drink.

" Really? Why? " I said almost a little bit too anxious.

" Things just aren't working out. "

I nodded awkwardly.

" I think Chase is cheating on me. " I blurted out.

He looked up at me, looking extremely surprised, " What? "

" He left this morning, told me he was going on a business trip with his dad to Boston. But then today i went to the Mall and the movies and i ran into his mom and dad.. "

" That's terrible, what an idiot. " He argued.

" Yeah, i know. "

" I don't know what to say other than i want to beat the shit out of him. "

I couldn't help but smile at him a little, this is exactly why i wanted to come and talk to him. " I know, i feel the same way. " I laughed.

" Don't be sad over it Jessica, if he's actually cheating on you he's an asshole, especially cheating on someone like you. "

" Thanks Justin, " I smiled.

We both stood up and walked back outside to our cars, it was 1:30 in the morning and freezing cold outside.

" Thank you for hanging out with me tonight, " I thanked him, bringing him in for a small hug.

" No problem. " He smiled.

We stood there for 3 seconds, in complete silence, smiling at eachother.

" Night Jess, " He leaned in and kissed me on the cheek. Without turning around again, he walked over to his car and drove away. And i stood there like a fool, watching him drive away.

~

I'll be updating again today:) please vote and comment what you guys thought! Thank you for all of the support you guys are giving this story. Also, there is some hate in the comments every now and again, and it's just rude, so really if you have nothing nice to say and don't like the story, don't read it...
Anyways, thank you for the positive comments, it's always good to see them:)

xx hope you liked it!