Chapter 54

When we arrived home, i was exhausted. Even though the day wasn't that exciting. It wasn't excited but it was probably one of the most heart warming days ever.

This bracelet. I cannot get it off my mind.

" Jess? " Chase asked, coming from around the corner.

" Yeah? " I said removing my makeup.

He had a huge smile on his face.

" What! " I smiled.

He took an envelope from behind his back, " Happy birthday! " He said.

I looked at him, feeling guilty for looking at him that way after looking at Justin the same way earlier.

I opened the envelope carefully. I reached in pulled out 2, of what looked to be like tickets.

" What is - ? "

Oh my god.

" New York? " I squeaked.

He was smiling even bigger.

" New York! Seriously? " I said once more.

He nodded excitedly, hugging me tightly.

" 2 days, " He whispered in my ear.

I let go of him, " What? "

" Uh huh! " He smiled.

2 days? How can i even be considering going to New York with Chase after what just happened.

" What's wrong? He asked.

" Nothing! " I chirped, trying to hide the hesitation.

" You were expecting something different weren't you? " He asked.

" No! God no! I love it! " I smiled.

~

The next morning, i woke up and managed to get in the shower and get ready without waking Chase up.

I was just getting dressed when Chase stirred and rolled over in his sleep.

" Morning, " He said smirking at me.

" Morning! " I smiled through the reflexion in the mirror.

I zipped up the back of my skirt and fixed the ruffles in my shirt.

" You want me to cook you breakfast? "

" I was just gonna stop and get coffee on the way to work. " I said, trying not to make eye contact with him.

" Oh, okay. " He said sounding a little disappointed.

" You're watching Bella today right? " I asked.

He nodded sitting up and stretching.

" Thank you. " I smile.

He stood up and wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in tightly. I wanted to escape from his arms but i couldn't.

He buried his head in my neck and planted a small kiss there. I wrapped my arms around him, hesitating a little.

" Mention to your boss about the trip, we need to start packing tonight. " He smirked, pulling a shirt over his head.

" How long are we going for? " I asked.

" 2 weeks. "

2 weeks?

" Sounds good. " I smiled and walked out through the door.

" I'll see you at 4:30! " He sang out from behind me.

" Yeah see you then! "

~

" Justin? " I said into my phone.

" Hey. " He answered.

" I'm on lunch break, wanna go out for coffee? "

" Sure. Starbucks in 10? " He asked.

I smiled to myself, " See you then. " I answered before hanging up the phone.

I'm pretty much cheating on Chase with Justin. It's terrible of me, but how can i love 2 people so much at the same time? It's not like i can choose. Justin gave me a bracelet, a pretty significant and special bracelet. And Chase asked me to go to New York with him.
I don't know what to do.

I pulled into the Starbucks parking lot a couple minutes later. Justin's car was parked off the the corner.

I waved when i seen him hop out of the driver side door. We walked in and ordered our coffee and sat down at a small glass table.

" How are you? " I asked.

" I'm good. " He answered.

He took a sip of his coffee and glanced up at me.

" Can i talk to you? " He asked.

" Yeah, of course! " I smiled, gulping down another sip of my coffee.

" When i kissed you, " he began. " I didn't mean to. Well i did, i couldn't help myself but it was a mistake and i shouldn't have. "

" But, i'm glad you did. " I admitted.

" I'm seeing someone Jessica. "

He's what?

" Oh. " Was all i could think of.

" I'm sorry. " He admitted.

" You have nothing to be sorry about. "

" I know, but i kissed you. "

" Look, it's okay. I didn't think too much of it. " I lied.

" You never? " He asked, sounding a little dissapointed.

" Can i be honest with you? " I asked.

" Yeah. " He answered.

" Well to be 100% honest i haven't started thinking about you kissing me. Every single time i look at this bracelet, god my heart melts when i think about you. The reason i came here to talk to you was to tell you that Chase got me tickets for New York, i wanted to tell you before i made my final decision, but it doesn't matter anymore now does it, it was all a lie anyways. It meant nothing. " I said, feeling broken.

" Jess, come on you know when i kissed you i meant it no matter what. "

" Justin, it's fine. I always will have a place in my heart for you, you knew that all along. But i'm going to New York with Chase, it doesn't matter anymore. "

" Jess, i never meant to hurt you. "

" Well, i'm hurt anyways. " I said bluntly.

" Well how do you think i felt? When you moved out, took Bella, left me hanging completely and started seeing Chase? How do you think i felt when you ignored me for the longest while? It hurt too Jess. "

I felt like drowning, i felt like the walls were closing in. My face was burning.

" I'm so sorry. " I said, beginning to cry.

" Jess, don't cry. Please. "

Tears rolled down my face and i earned a few confused glances from the other people in the cafe.

" I am so sorry. " I said once more.

I couldn't take this anymore, i ran out through the doors and out to my car.
I rested my head on the steering wheel and full out bawled. What the hell was i thinking? I'm such an idiot. I'm such a fucking idiot.

There was a small tap on the window and i looked over to the passenger side.
Justin.

I unlocked the door and he sat in.

" Come here. " He said, motioning me to hug him.

I didn't hesitate to bury my head into his chest. " I'm so sorry. "

" It's okay. " He answered.

" Remember the very first day this started? You just broke up with your boyfriend and i hugged you just like this? " He laughed a little.

I couldn't help but let out a small giggle.

" I'm always gonna be here for you, you know that."

I looked up at him and wiped the tears from my eyes.

" Thank you. " I smiled.

Justin's POV

" Go to New York, it's a dream. Chase cares for you so much, you two are great for each other. " I said, as much as it killed me inside, I had to comfort
her.

" Thank you. " She said once more.

" I'm so happy you get to New York, it's your dream Jess. " I smiled.

" I know! "