Chapter 52 - Fathers Will. **FINALE**

Before they knew it, the police started swarming in. They snatched Zonnique and CJ out first, causing her to scream at the top of her lungs. Everyone else tried to run to the back, but it was too late. One by one, one officer was there to catch each and every one of them. Jacob was fighting through the handcuffs, screaming and yelling, but the police wasn't having it. As they dragged everyone out of the RV, Chresanto grabbed Romelo, ran to the back, and shut the door. Romelo stood there in a worried stance as Chresanto rustled through everything, grabbed the notes, then quickly kneeled down in front of him.

"Romelo, I'm going to tell you what's going on. Okay?" Chresanto nodded. "I need you to follow daddy's lead, okay?"

"Are you gonna have us go outside, daddy?" Romelo whined.

"No, Melo." Chresanto sighed. "I have something better. Just follow my lead."

The police escorted everyone out of the trailer, placing everyone in police cars. But as one officer got ready to drive away, he looked around looking for one more person. Chresanto.

"Hold it, cops!" One officer shouted as as he whipped back out his gun. "There's one more man! Chresanto August is in that trailer!"

"Come on. Lets move!" Another officer said as 9 of the officers trailed inside.

When they walked inside, they seen Chresanto holding a gun to Romelo's head. Chresanto looked furious. Romelo however, looked just as angry. He held his son and watched the officers stop and freeze as they glanced at him in shock.

"I'll fire a shot right into my child's head if you step any closer." Chresanto growled as he placed it closer to Romelo's skull.

"Listen, let the boy go." The officer in the front said as he held the gun to him.

"I'm not letting shit go!" Chresanto barked. "This MY son! I do whatever the hell I want with him!"

"Listen, he's a young boy." Another officer said as he held his gun to him. "He has a whole life ahead of him."

Chresanto stared at the officers, then looked at Romelo. He wasn't crying at all. He was grimming the officers just like Chresanto was as he kept his arms around his upper shoulders.

"Are you scared, Melo?" Romelo asked.

"Mmm mmm." Romelo said as he shook his head.

"Alright." Chresanto said as he looked at everyone. "That's good. You're brave just like your dad."

"Listen, don't do this to your son!" The officers begged. "He loves you!"

"If I were to let my son go, where would he go?" Chresanto asked in a soft tone. "And don't lie to me, or I'll shoot him right in his head!"

"He would probably go to an adoption agency!" The officer up front said in a loud tone. "He would have newer parents and he'd have a newer family. A really good family!"

Chresanto started to tear up from the fact that Romelo would be raised by another man and another woman. But what really got to him, was that he might get better parents. Parents, that treat Romelo better than he ever did. Chresanto looked at Romelo as Romelo turned to him.

"I love you, Romelo." Chresanto said as he looked him in his brown eyes.

"I love you too, daddy." Romelo smiled as he hugged his face.

Chresanto stared at his flesh and blood and allowed tears to run down his face. It would be the last time that he would see him. Chresanto looked at the officers, leaned into his pocket, then handed them the notes.

"What's this?" An officer asked as he looked at it.

"When you see Zonnique, you tell her and CJ that I love them to death." Chresanto said. "Give Mrs. Miner the note for me, okay? Throw the note out of the window for me."

"Are you gonna let your son go?" The officers asked as he threw the note far out of the window.

Chresanto tucked in his lips, then pulled out a skinny and small like figure with a red button at the top of it.

"I can't." Chresanto said as he shook his head. "Sorry."

That was it. It was all over.

Chresanto pressed the button, blowing up the entire trailer, killing him and Romelo instantly. The cops that were inside were also killed by the explosion. Everyone leaned down inside of their car after hearing the large blow, they stayed down for a while then glanced back up at the trailer. The whole entire RV was engulfed into flames. Pieces of the RV scattered around the deserted roadside, sending Zonnique into an uproar. Everyone inside of their cars were screaming for dear life.

"NOOO!" Zonnique screamed as she burst into tears and held CJ close to her. "MY BABY! MY BABY IS IN THERE!"

Zonnique kicked the door open and sprinted after the fire, falling down onto the ground because of how crazy she was running. Craig's mouth sat wide open in shock and horror after realizing how what just happened in the blaze. The officer that was in Zonnique's car had ran after her, picked her up, and lifted her up to her feet, fighting and bearing through he ear shattering screams.

"There's a child in there!" Craig shouted out of the window as tears streamed down his face. "Romelo is in there! Get the fire department in here!"

"9 officers down! 9 officers down!" The officer shouted over Zonnique's screams into his walkie talkie. "There's 9 officers, a young male, and a 6 year old down! Get the fire department down here NOW!"

7 minutes later, the fire department arrived at the trailer. It was still engulfed in flames. The police drove Mrs. Miner and the gang down to the prison to be booked into the county jail. Meanwhile, firefighters began to pour and simmer down the blaze. 5 minutes after cooling it down, the firefighters found all 9 officers inside of the trailer. Their bodies were burned to a crisp. Romelo and Chresanto's bodies were never found. It was determined that since they were so close to the blaze, their bodies probably burned faster than the others. The only part inside of the trailer that wasn't burned, was Romelo's superman shirt. It was blown off of his body through the blast.

The whole town of Wichita were proud and celebrating the arrests of the victims. The only mourning that they were doing, was the death of Romelo. The city was mourning the death of a child. Zonnique and the rest of the gang were booked under 9 counts of first degree murder. Since they took a plea deal, all of them were booked under the jail for life without parole. Babydoll and Mrs. Lacey received 10 years in jail for not taking any parts in the murders.

After finding out that Romelo was killed with Chresanto in the blast, Romelo's grandmother committed suicide 7 days later.

Chresanto Jr. was placed up for adoption, only to be adopted a month later. He was adopted by a rich British family, never to know his biological parents.

In a cell, Zonnique was given Chresanto's note. There, she read what was the only thing left of him.

"Dear Zonnique,

Please forgive me for what I've done. I couldn't let them take Romelo away from me. I couldn't be held prisoner to people that despised me. I was tired of it. I'm sorry for getting our son taken away from you. I'm sorry for leaving a big mess in Wichita, and forcing you and the others to pay for it. Even though I betrayed you in the most vile way, I just wanted you to know that I love you more than any woman I've ever loved on this earth. Thanks for coming and making conversation with me that first day you came inside of the mental home. Thanks for opening me up to a bigger and better world. Thanks for changing me as a person. You're amazing. Hopefully when you pass away, me and Romelo will get to see you and the others again. Tell the others that I love them as well, and thanks for giving me a better journey on this earth. - Chresanto.

Zonnique couldn't do anything but bawl because of her decisions. One wild party, turned into one life sentence in jail.