Chapter 20 - Adam and Eve.

The next day, Chresanto decided to do a workout by jogging outside and around the building. He had in his headphones, blasting music to help him keep calm. He had one a black shirt with cut off jeans, jogging pants, and white gym shoes. When he walked inside of the building, he'd seen the one person that he hadn't seen in 6 months.

It was Abby. She was sitting on the couch, when she spotted Chresanto for the first time. Seeing each other, sparks flew up from the friendship they hadn't had forever. Chresanto dropped his ipod and ran up to Abby as they clashed, ran into each other, and hugged as hard as they could.

"Abby......i've missed you." Chresanto whispered as he held onto her.

"I've missed you too." Abby whispered back. "You're the only one i've missed."

"Where have you been?" Chresanto asked.

"Everywhere."

"Doing what?"

Abby didn't say anything/ She slowly sat back down onto the couch and rolled back her sleeve to her right arm, when Chresanto noticed that there were small dots on her arms. His mouth dropped open a little when he sat next to her and softly grabbed her arm as he scrunched her eyebrows at her.

"Have you been taking heroine?" Chresanto asked as he looked at her.

"I can't help it......I got to have it............." Abby said as she teared up and started shaking her heads.

"Abby you can die from taking this shit!" Chresanto shouted as he gave Abby a hurt look. "Do you know what this can do to your body?"

"I'm trying to stop, Chres." Abby sighed.

"If I lose you Abby, I don't know what i'll do!" Chresanto cried. "Stop taking these drugs! They're not good for you!"

Abby didn't say anything. She tucked in her lips and let tears drop down her face in embarrassment.

"Do it for me, Abby." Chresanto said in a soft tone. "I can't lose you. We've been through too much."

"Okay. I'll try." Abby sighed. "Just for you, Chres."

"Thanks Abby!" Chresanto smiled as he placed her arm around her and kissed her on the cheek. "You're a real friend."

"Yeah yeah." Abby snarled as she pinched Chresanto's cheeks. "Don't push it."

As the day shifted into the night, Amber went to her old home that she once shared with her boyfriend and unpacked her small amount of clothes. However, this home shared too many memories. This was the home that she shared with her old boyfriend, but they weren't good memories. Behind Shayla's fathers back, Shayla's uncle named Willie would secretly rape Amber. She never told her boyfriend, because he threatened to kill her if she did.

And today, Amber was going to get a fresh reminder. Right when she was starting to get settled, her home phone rang. She took off her heels and raced to answer it.

"Hello?" Amber answered.

"You're home?" The person on the other line said. She recognize the voice as her brother in law named Willie.

"Willie, why are you still calling my house?" Amber said in a chilled and scared tone.

"I just wanted to see what was up between me and you." Willie said in a flirty tone.

"Your brother was just murdered, Willie." Amber snapped. "Give it a rest!"

"Okay." Willie said. "I'll be over there in 30 minutes."