Chapter 41 - Race.

Romelo waited for his father to come back inside of the bus. He sat in the back of the room for another hour, when he heard everyone stepping inside of the trailer. Chresanto walked in the back and started unloading groceries, when he looked over at Romelo. Romelo was fuming. He glanced at the ground with a furious glare, shaking his leg as tears streamed down his face.

"What's wrong, Romelo?" Chresanto asked.

"Oh my god......" A man said on the tape. "Fuck.......I'm about to bust a nut..."

"Mhmhfmmfm!" Michelle cried viciously.

Chresanto looked up at the tape to see what was happening. It was him, raping the mother that Romelo would never have. Chresanto's eyes widened as he walked up to the TV and shut it off.

"Romelo who told you to go through my st-"

"I hate you. I HATE YOU!!" Romelo yelled as he rushed into his dad, kicking and hitting him. "You hurt her!"

Chresanto fought off Romelo's punches and kicks, holding him as he kneeled down to his level. He knew that this moment would come, but not like this.

"Romelo, calm down!" Chresanto shouted as he held him.

"Get off of me!" Romelo yelled angrily in his face.

"Mel, let me explain!" Chresanto said. "Relax and let me tell you-"

"No! You hurt mommy and you know it!" Romelo yelled, tears downing his cheek. "That's why you never tell me about her!"

Chresanto didn't say anything. He covered his face and let out a deep sigh.

"Why did you do that to her?!" Romelo shouted as he looked into his fathers eyes. "Why didn't you help her?"

"I have to ex-"

"Why didn't you stop when she begged and screamed for you to stop!?" Romelo continued, raising his voice. "Why did you tie her up and let them do that to her! Why? Why?!"

"Because I was sick, Romelo!" Chresanto shouted as he inched near his face. "I was 15 years old and I was a sick human being! Okay?"

Romelo didn't say anything. He glanced at him evily as tears puffed up his eyes.

"Daddy doesn't mean to harm people-"

"Bullshit!" Romelo shouted as Chresanto scrunched his eyes at him.

"Little boy, you better watch your mouth!" Chresanto shouted.

"No I'm not watching anything anymore! First you harm mommy, then you kill gramma?" Romelo barked in his face. "I hate you and I wish that you weren't my dad! I don't want you as a dad anymore!"

"You don't mean that, Romelo."

"No I do mean it now leave me alone!" Romelo shouted as he snatched his arms away from him. "No more letters, no more daddy and Romelo, nothing! Justin and gramma was right about you! You're nothing but a cold hearted killer!"

"Is everything alright in here?" Mrs. Miner asked as she walked in the back room.

"I want him to get away from me!" Romelo shouted. "I'll call the police if he comes near me!!"

"Romelo, don't do that." Mrs. Miner said as she shook her head. "Chresanto, let him calm down for a second."

"Romelo, I love you and you know it." Chresanto said as he looked at him.

"Well I don't love you." Romelo growled. "I wish you were in the grave instead of mommy."

"Come on, Chres." Mrs. Miner said as he walked him out to the drivers area.