Chapter 40 - Child Play.

"Now Romelo, I didn't mean to-"

"Gramma!" Romelo screamed, running downstairs and onto his grandmothers aid.

Chresanto placed his hands on the side of his face and started pacing back and forth. When an idea sparked in his head. He ran downstairs and placed his hand on the side of her neck. He jumped back on his feet and decided to call the police on private.

"Gramma!" Romelo wailed out, crying and holding her hand.

"Romelo, shhh!" Chresanto whispered as he placed his index finger by his mouth.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"I need the police to come out to 1200 flower grove." Chresanto said in a really deep and disguised voice. "My mother fell down the stairs and she needs some assistance."

"We'll have police en route." The operator responded. "Can I get your name?"

Chresanto didn't say anything. He hung up the phone and scooped up Romelo. However, Romelo couldn't calm down. The thought of seeing his grandmother dead sent him off the wall. Chresanto picked him up and placed him over his shoulders, but that wasn't enough to calm him down. He started screaming when Chresanto placed him down on the ground and glanced at him.

"Romelo, ENOUGH!" Chresanto shouted as he glanced at his flooded eyes.

"Gramma!" Romelo screamed, not keeping his composure.

"Romelo, grandma is going to be fine!" Chresanto shouted. "Calm down!"

Romelo was livid. He started sniffing and crying extra hard, when Chresanto placed him back on his shoulder and walked back out to the trailer. Chresanto sat Romelo down in a chair in the trailer then started panting at everyone.

"What happened?" Zonnique asked in a scared tone, waking up.

"I'll tell you in a second." Chresanto nodded as he got inside of the trailer, sat in the drivers seat, and sped off.

"He killed gramma!" Romelo shouted as he stormed into the back room and slammed the door shut.

"Romelo!!" Chresanto shouted.

"Chresanto, what's going on!?" Mrs. Lacey said in a panicked tone, lifting out of their bed.

"I didn't kill anyone, Mrs. Lacey." Chresanto said in a rushed tone as he sped off.

"Speak NOW Chresanto!" Mrs. Miner barked.

Chresanto didn't say anything. He sped into the city, running his fingers through his head in a panicked way.

"I didn't mean to do it..." Chresanto said as he shook his head.

"What'd you do, Chresanto?" Mrs. Miner asked in a strict tone.

"We were.......we were pushing and shoving each other and....." Chresanto said as he shook his head, rocked back and forth, and started driving. "She just.....she just went over the edge.."

"There there...." Mrs. Miner said in a low tone. "Did she die ?"

"No. I called the police to help her."

"Well, at least you helped her." Mrs. Miner sighed. "It's okay, Chres-"

"No the hell it isn't!" Craig shouted as he lunged up from his bed, and walked to the front of the trailer. "He probably did that shit on purpose!"

"See, there y'all go. Y'all doubting me AGAIN." Chresanto growled through his teeth, getting angry as he kept his eyes on the road. "Every time I try to tell y'all that I didn't do something on purpose, y'all never believe me!"