Chapter 24 - I'll be there.

The next day, Amber came back to the building, still thinking that Chresanto was there. They'd got word back on Rayan's condition and said that he would need more surgery, but is expected to live. When she walked to his room, she noticed that it was empty. She glanced around, then went back into the living room where everyone else were.

"Is Chresanto here?" Amber asked as she flared her fingers through Shayla's hair.

"No." Jacob said in a blunt tone as he shook his head. "He's moved to another mental home."

"What?" Amber said out of shock. "Which one?"

"Who cares?" Craig laughed as he shook his head. "He's finally gone, now. He needed to be away from us."

"But..........how am I supposed to keep in touch with him?" Amber asked. "I needed to talk to him-"

"Ooh. Damn." The oldest new boy from yesterday said in a low tone as he grinned and walked in front of her. "You look like a fine mix of Gabrielle Union and Lola Monroe. Is that your child?"

"Yes, she is." Amber snarled as she grimmed him. "And you are?"

"Are you sure that you had a baby? Because I can't tell with a body like that." He smirked.

"I'm uh......gonna get out of here..." Amber nodded as she looked at everyone and walked out of the building. "Just let me know when any of you get word back on Chres."

"You'll come around, baby!" The oldest shouted. "Not too many women can avoid this dick!"

"That's funny, because that's something you are." Jacob mumbled as everyone laughed.

The boys face shifted into a look of seriousness as he turned to Jacob. He slowly walked up to him and inched close to his face as he leaned over the couch.

"What was that, pretty boy?" The boy snarled.

"Nothing...." Jacob said, backing down.

However, Craig wasn't having it. Even though he wasn't as strong or violent as Chresanto, both of them had one thing in common. Anger.

"He said that you were acting like a dick." Craig said as he gave him a serious look.

"I asked him, not you." The boy snapped as he turned his way. "Let your friend have some balls to speak for himself."

"Quit acting like dicks and beat it." Craig snarled as he flared his hand in the air. "Nobody has time for your shit."

"Oh you wanna see me act like a dick?" The boy smiled as he looked at everyone. "I'll show you how to act like a dick."

The boy smiled as he walked back into his room and shut the door. Everyone looked at him, then looked at Craig as he took a sip of his kool-aid and shook his head.

"Those boys aren't tough." Abby scoffed as she walked over to them. "I know that they aren't."

"How?" Babydoll asked.

"I know tough when I see it. Just like Craig and Chresanto." Abby shrugged as she looked at them. "Real 'tough' people don't talk alot of shit. Craig, you don't talk alot of shit unless you have to. Same thing with Chresanto. Those boys are fragile and I can break their asses down if it came down to it."

But at night, one of the people in the house would get a wake up call.

Zonnique was peacefully sleeping in her bed, when she heard a rustle by Kiloni's old bed. She lunged up and looked around, but seen nothing. After sitting up for a few seconds, she slowly slumped back under her bed and drifted back to sleep.