Chapter 48 - Cut The Top Off.

Chresanto drove back to the hospital with a different and a bigger hospital. He placed on his beard, then walked in and asked for Mrs. Miner. When she walked out, he seen two officers walking out with Mrs. Miner in handcuffs. She was bald. She'd lost all of her hair to the medicine within 2 weeks. Chresanto gasped and watched the two officers walk past him because of his disguise.

But Chresanto wasn't having it. He whipped out his semi automatic handgun and shot the two officers western style, watching them fall onto the ground. Everyone in the officer screamed in horror as Chresanto grabbed Mrs. Miner wrist and rushed her into the trailer. He hopped into the drivers seat and raced violently out of the hospital. He turned around in his seat and glanced back, only to find EMS rushing right into the hospital.

"Chresanto, what are you doing?" Jacob barked as he leaned up in his bed. "Why the hell are you speeding away so fast!?"

"Those fucking officers were trying to take Mrs. Miner away!" Chresanto barked at Jacob, speeding even faster. "I shot them muhfucka's!"

"What the hell, Chres?" Zonnique said in a shaky tone, bumping all over the road. "Slow down! You're gonna scare the baby!"

"Strap down for now!" Chresanto shouted, still speeding on the highway. "I gotta make sure we get out of this area! The police gone be trying to follow us!"

Chresanto sped through car after car, racing his way away from the area. After 5 minutes, he slowed down and held onto the steering wheel as he glanced behind himself. He didn't see any sign of any police. He took a deep breath, then sat back down in his seat.

"Do it again, daddy!" Romelo cheered as he placed his hands in the air. "Do it again! Go fast again!"

Chresanto smiled at Romelo, then looked at Mrs. Miner. She had a depressed look on her face. She gave him a faded smile, then hugged him as hard as she could.

"Thank you so much, Chres." Mrs. Miner weeped. "You're amazing."

"Are you okay, Mrs. Miner?" Bahja asked. "We weren't going to leave you."

Mrs. Miner took off her hat, then watched everyone gasp at her. Everyone in the bus was hit with a large wave of emotions. Mrs. Miner sighed then placed a smile on her face.

"Yeah........I'm bald..." Mrs. Miner said. "But....I'm begging you guys..PLEASE don't treat me any different like I said. I'm fine."

"Mrs. Miner, you're not going to die are you?" Rayan asked, tearing up. "You're our mother...."

"Jacob, I'm going to be fine." Mrs. Miner said in a cheerful tone, smiling. "Don't get scared! I'm perfectly fine!"

And she was. She really was.

Another week past, lowering the days down to 22 days to freedom. Everyone had made the news as the number 1 most terrifying killers in US history. The gang were the first group of people to kill over 7 officers and wasn't caught within 72 hours. Mrs. Miner was back to driving, acting like nothing was wrong. It'd been going on three weeks since Craig and Meghan started dating, and the two started getting very close. Chresanto, Romelo, Zonnique, and the baby were doing just fine. Everything seemed like a cool and perfect breeze. Craig was laying on his back, getting a massage by Meghan.

"So, do you think that Mrs. Miner is really okay?" Meghan asked as she rubbed hot oil all over Craig's back. "Like, do you she really feel sad inside?"

"I doubt it. Mrs. Miner is a warrior." Craig said, laying down on his stomach. "She's strong. She's been through so many obstacles. I believe in her."

Meghan continued to rub his back, glancing at his glistening brown skin. She rubbed and swirled around the lotion, complementing his arch in his back. She stopped rubbing his back, leaned forward, closed her eyes, and placed her lips onto his back. She softly kissed his brown skinned back, causing Craig to jump a little. Meghan lifted up as Craig turned around and glanced at her in shock. But shock quickly shifted into a look of seduction as Craig placed his arm around Meghan's waist, closed his eyes, leaned forward, and planted his lips on top of hers. Meghan placed both of her hands on the sides of his face, laying Craig back down on the pillow. Meghan kissed him for another 2 minutes, when she reached down and unbuttoned his pants. Craig placed his hands on her hands, then started shaking his head as he kept his lips on top of hers.

"Meghan.....no..." Craig whispered as he snatched his lips away from hers.

"What's wrong?" Meghan asked as she looked inches away from his face.

"No....just.........no sex.." Craig said as he closed his eyes.

"Why not?" Meghan asked in a confused tone.

"Because we're not married." Craig said as they both lifted all the way up. "It's not right......."

"You don't want to do this?" Meghan asked.

"No." Craig said. "Sorry....."

Meghan was disappointed, but she had no choice but to respect his morals. She sat off him and sat there in an awkward stance as Craig sat up and felt his shoulders.

"I'm sorry." Craig said. "It's apart of my religion. I can't-"

"Nah nah, it's okay! I was a little tired, anyway." Meghan lied as she stood off of the bed. "I'm gonna.....go to bed.."

"Alright." Craig said as he placed his shirt back on and cut off the lights.

Meghan took the stroll of shame out of Craig's room and slowly shut his door. When she looked ahead, she seen Mrs. Miner glancing in the mirror, staring at her head.

"What are you doing, Mrs. Miner?" Meghan asked as she tightened her house coat and walked close to her.

"Huh?" Mrs. Miner said as she jumped from her voice. "Um....nothing........I was just...looking......uh..."

"Mrs. Miner, you're gorgeous!" Meghan said in a serious tone. "Don't let that make you think otherwise."

"No, I'm not....don't feed me that just to make me happy." Mrs. Miner said in a low tone. "I look like a man. A male. I want my hair back....."

"Mrs. Miner-"

"And don't tell me that this is attractive because it isn't!" Mrs. Miner shouted as she broke the mirror, bursting in tears. "It's not! I want my afro back!"

Meghan looked at Mrs. Miner in a saddened way, then watched as Mrs. Miner sat down and covered her eyes.

"I haven't done anything wrong...why me?" Mrs. Miner cried as she looked up at Meghan. "Is it because of the killings? I've raised.....I've planned my whole entire life out. How did I get to this point?"

"Listen, we're going to make it to that border." Meghan nodded as she looked at Mrs. Miner. "We're going to get there!"

"It's easy to believe, but the odds are beating against me." Mrs. Miner sighed as she stood up and made his way towards her back room. "This is too much. I can't handle this too much longer...."

Meghan felt so sorry for Mrs. Miner because there was nothing that she could do. However, there was something that she thought about. She thought about the Cameron Diaz movie where the mother cut all off for her daughter, so that sparked her idea.

She walked inside of her bathroom and stroked her long blonde hair. She grabbed the handful of her long blonde hair and stroked it in her hand, touching it for the last time. She grabbed it, then grabbed Chresanto's hair cutters. She turned it on and watched it vibrate for a while, the placed it against her head. She squinted her eyes and shaved one part of her head, watching a large long patch fall onto the ground. She shaved another line through her head, then another, then another, then another, then another. When she was done, she glanced in the mirror and looked at herself. Her head was completely shaved. Meghan was so shocked that she was having a hard time relishing what she did. However, she did it for Mrs. Miner. She kneeled down on the ground and grabbed her large chunk of hair.

"Craig's really not going to like me, now......" Meghan sighed to herself in reference to her looks.