Chapter 10 - Sarrogate Parents.

After finding out what'd happened at the hospital, everyone in the mental home came to the hospital to check on their conditions. Zonnique, Chresanto, and Mrs. Miner was inside of the EMS. Right when Mrs. Lacey was about to have a decent conversation with their doctor 45 minutes later, Abby bursted through the doors of the hospital and barged right past everyone.

"What happened to Chresanto?!" Abby screamed as tears trickled down her eyes.

"He was shot in the lower waist, and a few times in his upper arm area from trying to brace himself." The doctor said in a saddened tone. "The older woman was shot in her side 7 times as the bullets traveled up her back a little, and the younger woman was shot in her lower leg area 3 times. The younger woman will be fine, but Chresanto and the older woman aren't doing so well."

"Fuck!" Abby yelled as she kneeled down on the ground, cupped her face, and started bawling drastically.

"I'm sorry, miss." The doctor said as he glanced at everybody who was sitting in a saddened state. "I'll update you on their condition soon."

By 2:15am, the doctors called the nurses and told her that they'd just released Zonnique from the hospital. Mrs. Lacey drove 25 minutes back up to the hospital to pick her up. When she arrived, she seen that Zonnique was limping a little. There were 3 large patches on her right leg, and two large one's on her left. She looked angrily up at Mrs. Lacey, then walked past her as she got inside of the car. Mrs. Lacey filled out the form, walked outside of the hospital, got inside of the car, and drove off.

"Zonnique, you know that the police want to talk to y-"

"Tell them that I don't want to talk right now." Zonnique snarled, interrupting Mrs. Lacey. "Tell them to wait until I get better. I'm not in the mood...."

"I have your bed already made up for you and Chresanto....if he makes it.." Mrs. Lacey grinned, turning her attention back onto the road.

Zonnique didn't respond. She started tearing up as she kept her fist by her mouth, then shook her head in disbelief.

"How the hell were we going to get some milk one second, then this happens?" Zonnique cried. "One minute me, Chres, and Mrs. Miner was talking, next thing you know, we're all bracing ourselves from bullets. How?"

"There are some horrible people in this world." Mrs. Lacey sighed. "Unfortunately, there's no reason for why this happens. It is the way it is."

Zonnique went back to the mental home and seen everyone waiting at the door for her. She smiled at everyone, but she begged that she get some time to herself. She slumped in her bed and laid some ice packs onto her bandages. The pain from the bullet wounds shot through her upper thigh as she gasped, then slipped under her covers. She didn't know that Mrs. Miner and Chresanto were still in critical condition. The next day, Zonnique was so sore that she couldn't get out of bed. Mrs. Lacey escorted her some breakfast, when two policemen came in behind her. She scoffed and gave Mrs. Lacey an irritated look.

"Mrs. Lacey, I said that I wasn't ready to talk!" Zonnique barked as she gave her an angry glare.

"Zonnique, you have to talk to the police." Mrs. Lacey plead. "It's the only way your assailants will be caught!"

"Oh my gosh." Zonnique snarled as she looked over and shook her head. "Whatever. What the fuck ever."

Mrs. Lacey left Zonnique with the police, then slowly shut her door. She froze as she stared off into space to collect her thoughts.

"Her anger is spiraling out of control." Mrs. Lacey thought to herself. "She's becoming just like Chresanto...."

Meanwhile, the detectives sat by her bedside to ask her some quick questions. They introduced themselves to her as she shook their hands, and gave off a bland stare.