Chapter 37 - "Chres....?"

Throughout thre night, the police comphensated 75 of the inmates that had escaped out of the lunchroom. However, there were still 25 that were on the loose. Zonnique and the others included. Since they had on jumpsuits, they were all forced to stop at a junkyard and sift through the large amounts of trash for a different outfit. After changing, Mrs. Miner took $10,000 out of her bank account and bought the 5 a trailer. She'd also purchased small groceries and a mini fridge. This would be their hideout for now.

"I'm scared..." Zonnique said in a low tone, watching Mrs. Miner light up a candle.

"Don't worry, Zonnique." Mrs. Miner chuckled. "So many inmates escape every day. They'll forget about all 25 of us by tomorrow."

Chres. Jr wiggled around in Zonnique's arms, then began to let out a small whine. Mrs. Miner smiled as she pulled out some formula and some bottled water, along with some pans in the cabinet inside of the mobile home. 

"I haven't forgot about the baby." Mrs. Miner smiled. 

"Thank you so much!" Zonnique cheered as she placed Chres. Jr on the small bed, then prepared his bottle on the small stove.

"Yo'ure welcome, Zonnique."

"Where are we gonna shower?" Mrs. Lacey scoffed.

"The stand up shower is in the corner over there." Craig said in a bland tone, cradling his shoulders as he pointed in the corner.

"Wow. It's so......small...." Mrs. Lacey said in a low tone.

"The better question is, what are we gonna do about Jacob, Rayan, Bahja, and Babydoll?" Craig asked.

"They're gonna have to stay in the mental home." Mrs. Miner shrugged as she crouched down and started organizing the things in the cabinet. "There's not enough room inside of here."

"So we're just going to leave them?" Craig asked in a disgusted tone. 

"That wasn't my choice, Craig." Mrs. Miner said as she shook her head.

"But they don't belong there!" Craig said as he looked down at her. "They're not safe there!"

"Well what the hell are we gonna do, Craig?" Mrs. Lacey laughed. "Kidnap them or something?"

Craig and Zonnique's eyes widened as they slowly turned and glanced at each other. They both had sparked an idea from Mrs. Lacey's smart remarks.

"Well......." Craig and Zonnique said as they grinned at Mrs. Miner and Mrs. Lacey.

Meanwhile, Chresanto had touched back down in the US to pick up Romelo.

Still, he was smart and on his toes about coming there. Before leaving Mexico, he's purchased a large beard for a disguise. He was known as one of the most wanted men in America 6 months ago and he still wasn't sure if things were the same. As he stepped into the airport with his luggage, he looked at eceryone as policemen. It felt like at any minute, he could be arrested and extradicted back to jail. However, that was the last thing on his mind.

The only thing that was heavy on his mind, was getting Romelo and flying back down to Mexico.

Chresanto rented a car out of a local rental place, then drove to Romelo's grandmothers home. Chresanto also brought his gun from Mexico, which got past the censors because he placed cotton balls around it so that the metal detector couldn't tell if it was metal or not. He drove an hour before he realized that he was in his hometown. The Wichita County area. He glanced around to see if anything had changed in the last 6 months, but everything was the same.