Chapter 21 - Crossed.

The next day, Amber had to go visit her mother at the nursing home to check and see how good she was doing. Chresanto agreed to watch Shayla while she left, which took a lot of time off of her hands. When she left, Chresanto gave Shayla a bath, took her out into he living room, dressed her, and let her watch Spongebob while he put her baby lotion on her back.

"Erodahash." Shayla spat.

Meanwhile, Jacob was sitting in his room by himself, glancing at pictures of Kiloni. Even though it was a long time ago, he never forgot about her. He placed a picture on his dresser, then laid down in his bed and finished writing in his diary. When he walked out to use the bathroom, he seen Abby strolling around carelessly in the hallway. Jacob stopped and stared angrily at her. He didn't like her. He despised her. He thought about all of the times she degraded, let down, and picked at Kiloni. He looked at her as an animal other than a human being. After Abby got done spinning around in Mrs. Miners rolling chair, she turned around and glanced at Jacob with an attitude.

"The fuck are you looking at?" Abby barked as she grimmed him.

Jacob didn't say anything. He watched her roll the chair into her room and shut her door. Jacob stared angrily at her door for a while, then looked at Chresanto as he played with Shayla. Jacob slowly walked over to him and sat next to him as Chresanto gave him a weird look.

"Hi?" Chresanto said in a weird tone.

"Chresanto, how do you kill people?" Jacob asked in a bland tone.

Chresanto gave him a weird look and let out a small chuckle.

"What?" He laughed.

"Like how do you kill people?" Jacob asked.

"The fuck is you talking about, man?" Chresanto asked as he combed Shayla's curly hair.

"I wanna kill someone, and I want to get away with it." Jacob said. "So I came to ask you since you're the expert."

"Well, who are you trying to kill?"

"I can't tell you."

"Well then I can't tell you." Chresanto said as he shook his head.

"Why not?" Jacob asked.

"How do I know that you're not trying to kill someone that's innocent?" Chresanto snapped.

"I'm not! This person is evil-"

"Is this person a killer?" Chresanto asked.

"No, but-"

"Then I'm not telling you." Chresanto shrugged. "I'm sorry."

"You know what, fine." Jacob said as he put his hands up in the air and stood up off of the couch. "Just......forget that I even said anything."

Jacob was storming off to his room, when he seen Rayan and Craig walking past him. Jacob stopped, rushed towards them, grabbed their arms, brought them into his room, then shut his door.

"Yo Jay, what the hell is you doing?" Craig barked as he snatched his arm away from his grip.

"Look, I'm going to need y'all to help me do something, alright?" Jacob whispered. "Let me explain it, first."

As the night breached, Zonnique asked Chresanto could she come and see the baby. She sat down next to Shayla, placed her onto her lap, and started to play with her. Chresanto sat next to her and smiled as he ran his fingers through her hair.

"She's so pretty." Zonnique smiled.

"She's my daughter." Chresanto smiled as he grinned at her.