Chapter 16 - Homebound.

The next day, Chresanto did nothing. He ate breakfast by himself, went into his room, and continued to read his book. Suddenly, he heard someone knock on his door. When he peeked outside of the window, he seen the same woman who came to pick up thr baby. It was Shayla's mother.

"Yes?" Chresanto said as he opened his door.

"See? There he is, Shayla!" The girl cheered as she looked down at her baby. "Are you happy?"

Chresanto glanced down at Shayla and could obviously tell that she'd been crying for a while. Suddenly, Shayla started to wiggle and squeal when she held her arms out to Chresanto. He smiled as he picked her up, gave her a hug, then sat her down on the bed with him. He was extremely happy to see her again.

"She cried all night." The girl scoffed as she rolled her eyes. "All she kept saying is 'Dada, dada, dada.' and I realized that she was talking about you, soo......I just decided to have her come visit you."

"Is that true, Shayla?" Chresanto said in a funny tone. "Did you miss me?"

"Dada!" Shayla squealed as she bounced around.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah?"

"Where'd you find my daughter?" The girl asked.

Chresanto didn't know the girl well, so he had no choice but to lie.

"I found her on the side of the road. Just sitting in her carseat." Chresanto lied. "I figured that someone might've just left it on the road, until I passed her and seen a baby inside of there. I took the baby with me and decided to take care of her. I should've tried looking around for her biological parents first."

"I was just wondering because....her father was murdered." The woman said in a dry tone. "I was just trying to figure out what sick bastard left her on the side of the road like that...."

"Well she's no longer in harm's way." Chresanto smiled. "That's all that matters."

"I never got your name." The woman smiled as she held her hand out. "I'm Amber!"

"Chresanto. Chresanto August." He responded as he shook her hand. "It's very nice to meet you!"

"Haha. Well, I was going to leave her here while I went grocery shopping." Amber cheered. "If you don't mind...."

"Oh I don't mind at all!" Chresanto cheered. "As a matter of fact, I think that we're all going out to an ice cream parlor later on. I'll take her wth us!"

"That's fine. I haven't been able to run errands all day!" Amber panted as she grabbed her purse, and swung it over her shoulders. "I should be back around 7, okay?"

"Alright!" Chresanto smiled. "See you then!"

What Amber didn't know, is that she was dropping her money off to a murderer.

Before the outing, everyone had to participate in their daily workout. 45 minutes into the workout, Mrs. Miner and Mrs. Lacey walked inside of the room and said that everyone continue with what they were doing. They slowly took Kiloni out of the pack and walked her into a corner. After 2 minutes of conversation, everyone noticed that Kiloni was crying tears of joy. Everyone stopped working out, then glanced at each other in dispair.

They knew that this meant that the nurses decided that she was sane enough to go home.

"Oh my god. Thank you so much, Mrs. Miner!" Kiloni cheered.

"This isn't fair!" Abby shouted as she grabbed a cliboard off of the table, and threw it across the room.

"Why does she get to go home, and we still have to stay here?" Rayan whined. "Why?"