Chapter 23 - Newbies!

Chresanto glanced down at Rayan and kneeled down next to him. This was the second person inside of the mental home that he came close to killing. He pulled out his cell phone and decided to do something that he never thought that he'd do. He called the police. But this time, he called and said something different.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Please send an ambulance to Witchita Mental home on 5th street." Chresanto said in a worried tone.

"May I ask what the problem is?"

"My friend stabbed himself."

Within minutes, Chresanto told the nurses the same story that he told the operators. Seconds later, EMS arrived and took Rayan to the hospital. Waking everyone up, everybody wanted to know what was going on. Being that Chresanto was the last one with him, Mrs. Miner gathered everyone in the living room and sat around together.

"What's going on?" Babydoll whined as she held her bib.

"I'm not sure....." Mrs. Miner said in a low tone as Mrs. Lacey came over and sat in the circle with everyone. "Do any of you know why Rayan would think about commit suicide?"

"No. Rayan isn't suicidal." Craig said as he shook his head.

"No! It's because he stabbed him!" Jacob shouted as he pointed him. "Chresanto killed him!"

"What the hell do you keep blaming him for?" Abby snapped as she looked at him. "Shut the hell up. Damn!"

"Actually......he's right." Chresanto said as he stared blankly at the ground. "I did do it..."

"See! I told you!" Jacob said as he clapped and sat back in his seat.

"Oh my god!" Bahja weeped as she covered her mouth, cried, and ran off into her room.

Mrs. Miner's mouth opened, then looked at Chresanto in shock.

"Why'd you do it, Chres?" Mrs. Miner asked as she placed her hand on his knee. "Why'd you stab him?"

"Because he tried to kill my friend! My closest friend!" Chresanto shouted as he balled up his fists. "I wanted to kill him. I wanted to hurt him so bad that I wasn't thinking..."

Everyone looked at Chresanto and started shaking their heads. Zonnique couldn't believe it. Every time she thought that he was doing good, things like this would bite her in the ass. Mrs. Lacey shook her head and looked angrily at Mrs. Miner.

"He has to get out." Mrs. Lacey growled. "We have to get rid of him!"

"Who? Me?" Chresanto said in a saddened tone as he placed his hands on his chest.

"Lisa, we'll figure something out-"

"No! No more figuring shit out!" Mrs. Lacey barked in an angry tone. "Every time he attempts to murder someone, we give him another chance, then he tries to kill someone else! We need to kick his ass out and send him to a prison!"

"Allow me to help him first!" Mrs. Miner shouted.

"We've tried, but he obviously won't change if he attempts to kill everyone who doesn't do any harm to him!" Mrs. Lacey shouted. "You get rid of him, or I'll call the police and have his ass taken out of here."

"Mrs. Lacey!" Chresanto shouted as he stood up. "Seriously? Is that how it is?"

"Ignore her, Chres." Abby snarled as she tapped his shoulder. "She doesn't mean it."

"Holy shit." Babydoll gasped. "I've never seen her that mad before."

"Mrs. Miner, you're not going to let her kick me out, are you?" Chresanto asked as he looked down at her.